News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on April 07, 2024, 11:08:14 AMLooking at going To Lichfield in a couple of weeks maybe to visit Lichfield City for local football club to play in the Play Offs of there league, From Walsall could I get to Lichfield City seemingly the closest station to there stadium without going through Birmingham, Google Maps for a Saturday says I need to go to Birmingham New Street, then CrossCountry to Tamworth then LNWR to Trent Valley, but Can't I go Walsall to Rugeley, Rugeley to Lichfield Trent Valley and either walk or get the CrossCity Line back to City, if I can do this what Ticket would I ask for.
Depending on your time of travel, you have a few different options.

You can plan a journey and get ticket prices at the National Rail website:
https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/plan-a-journey/

To be honest, it is probably quicker (and cheaper) to get the 8 bus from Walsall to Lichfield.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Changing at Aston avoids Birmingham New Street, that's the most direct rail route

LiamsTransport1

323202 and 323206 depart WMT on Monday for Wolverton for handback works before heading North to join Northern.

The first 730 is due to start on the cross city line on Monday, however no idea on which diagram yet. 
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

Tony

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on April 12, 2024, 02:51:06 PM323202 and 323206 depart WMT on Monday for Wolverton for handback works before heading North to join Northern.

The first 730 is due to start on the cross city line on Monday, however no idea on which diagram yet.
It's the diagram that starts with the 0607 Birmingham to Lichfield 

Wba_lad

730 005 and 730 009 are both out on cross city for anyone interested.

mikestone

730008+730009 according to part time spotter - or are you saying their are two turns?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk