News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

WMT liveries

Started by j789, June 28, 2019, 08:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

What were the name of the fonts used for "West Midlands Travel and then "Travel West Midlands"?

Thanks, in advance!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

CL

Quote from: Wumpty on August 22, 2019, 12:25:16 PM
What were the name of the fonts used for "West Midlands Travel and then "Travel West Midlands"?

Thanks, in advance!
Travel West Midlands used 'cosmos'; not sure of West Midlands Travel
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Wumpty

Quote from: CL on August 22, 2019, 01:13:15 PM
Travel West Midlands used 'cosmos'; not sure of West Midlands Travel

That's a start, thank you!

windy miller

Are These 'new' all WHITE singles recently acquired by BC  ( 765-768 ) and additionally the 8354 8355 and 8356 vehicles likely to get a full repaint anytime soon?   I noticed only 767 appears to carry a number????   Are they/will they be intended for general use or specifically for private hire? thanks   
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

the trainbasher

Quote from: windy miller on August 23, 2019, 12:32:04 PM
Are These 'new' all WHITE singles recently acquired by BC  ( 765-768 ) and additionally the 8354 8355 and 8356 vehicles likely to get a full repaint anytime soon?   I noticed only 767 appears to carry a number????   Are they/will they be intended for general use or specifically for private hire? thanks

They're intended for the former Igo Birmingham council contracts IIRC

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Wumpty

Quote from: Wumpty on August 12, 2019, 08:09:35 AM
IIRC there were a couple of trial liveries on the Nationals to find the best fit - I'm scouring t'internet to find it now!

I knew I'd find it! Thanks to @Walsall1955 on Flickr.........................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/walsall1955/15739513001/

Wumpty

iansdavies

hiya lads , i found a photo of GOG 590N parked up at Solihull with the Travel west midlands logo on it ,apparently i thought it had been relocated from Coventry  Road to BC but BCC had no fleetlines ,any ideas were 4590 may have been located after 26Th October 1986 Deregulation day many thanks .

Tony

Quote from: iansdavies on December 18, 2019, 08:52:30 PM
hiya lads , i found a photo of GOG 590N parked up at Solihull with the Travel west midlands logo on it ,apparently i thought it had been relocated from Coventry  Road to BC but BCC had no fleetlines ,any ideas were 4590 may have been located after 26Th October 1986 Deregulation day many thanks .

Good chance it might have been me driving it.

4590 and 4599 both survived at Washwood Heath for several months into Travel West Midlands. 4590 being the very last GOG-N not withdrawn until 12/87. The drivers at WH hated them because they were the only two with no power steering or the webasto heaters. I loved the pair of them, they were both really fast buses, so I regularly had them as overtime on the 881 (Solihull College to Castle Bromwich)

paulb1973

I hadn't realised the GOG/N Fleetlines survived well into 1987, I assumed they were around for a few months after deregulation and that was that - but not so. It would seem that last of those withdrawals and the first withdrawals of the 6301-6420 batch weren't that far apart.

Gareth

Quote from: paulb1973 on December 19, 2019, 04:23:21 PM
I hadn't realised the GOG/N Fleetlines survived well into 1987, I assumed they were around for a few months after deregulation and that was that - but not so. It would seem that last of those withdrawals and the first withdrawals of the 6301-6420 batch weren't that far apart.

Some 46** JOV-P Fleetlines survived too. And of course the 47** Ailsas but they are probably more well known.

Wumpty

Quote from: Gareth on December 19, 2019, 06:13:50 PM
Some 46** JOV-P Fleetlines survived too. And of course the 47** Ailsas but they are probably more well known.

Walsall had a batch of Ailsas that spent many nights on their Track routes (370/1/2/3 & 319) -  thankfully they were fitted with the Vultron flip display numbers all round as the Track routes interworked and needed blinds changing almost every trip (except the rear which usually were left blank!) - hopefully @Westy will remember these!

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on December 20, 2019, 07:39:42 AM
Walsall had a batch of Ailsas that spent many nights on their Track routes (370/1/2/3 & 319) -  thankfully they were fitted with the Vultron flip display numbers all round as the Track routes interworked and needed blinds changing almost every trip (except the rear which usually were left blank!) - hopefully @Westy will remember these!

I do.

They replaced the Vr's on Sundays ISTR.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk