News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Network Review - September 2019

Started by JPC, June 19, 2019, 10:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

The 10 to Tile Hill also randomly uses the stop at Primark TS5 instead of a stop in the Burges/Cross Cheaping such as BS6 making it rather awkward for anyone waiting who should have the option of getting on whichever route to Tile Hill etc. appears first.

Adam 404

Quote from: JPC on October 14, 2019, 08:43:01 PM
The 10 to Tile Hill also randomly uses the stop at Primark TS5 instead of a stop in the Burges/Cross Cheaping such as BS6 making it rather awkward for anyone waiting who should have the option of getting on whichever route to Tile Hill etc. appears first.
Service 10 goes with Service 11, both for Earlsdon.

JPC

Quote from: Adam 404 on October 14, 2019, 09:14:49 PM
Service 10 goes with Service 11, both for Earlsdon.

Ah OK,  I suppose shorter journeys are prioritised/more valuble to the operator.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on October 14, 2019, 06:15:49 PM
Stop CU3 in town caught me out after the review. For years and years all buses stopped here including NXC 13 and SC 86. Now the 13 doesnt but the 86 does. Both also serve the stops either side.

Is there a reason? Just seems crazy to me?
Do you think that it is the bus stop managers in Birmingham who have made a mistake or is it due to with the bus companies wanting this. I just cannot see logic in it.

JoNi

Quote from: Sandy Lane on October 15, 2019, 06:17:42 AM
Do you think that it is the bus stop managers in Birmingham who have made a mistake or is it due to with the bus companies wanting this. I just cannot see logic in it.
Especially as the x17 runs every 20 mins and 86 every 30mins and once an hour they depart on same minute. The council in its wisdom has installed a electric car charging point directly opposite where the 13 and 23 stop!

paulb1973

Quote from: JoNi on October 15, 2019, 05:22:53 PM
Especially as the x17 runs every 20 mins and 86 every 30mins and once an hour they depart on same minute. The council in its wisdom has installed a electric car charging point directly opposite where the 13 and 23 stop!

Is that the shelter on Hales Street? Has the 13 moved back one stop on that road? - I'm sure it used the bigger bus shelter further up, which did seem more sensible.

JPC

A few tweaks are going to occur on 1st March....
Amended timetable for services 4 and 23.
Service 6/6A is reverting back to run along Herald Avenue towards Tanyard Farm.  ::)
No indication yet if the affected stop on Tile Hill Lane will be covered with the 10.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on January 22, 2020, 09:58:04 PM
Service 6/6A is reverting back to run along Herald Avenue towards Tanyard Farm.  ::)
No indication yet if the affected stop on Tile Hill Lane will be covered with the 10.

Does the 6/6A use all of Tile Hill Lane (between Hearsall Common and the A45) in both directions currently? I think it does. It seems from 1/3/20 using that section of Tile Hill Lane inbound only.

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 22, 2020, 10:42:59 PM
Does the 6/6A use all of Tile Hill Lane (between Hearsall Common and the A45) in both directions currently? I think it does. It seems from 1/3/20 using that section of Tile Hill Lane inbound only.

Yes! - though alternatively Tanyard Farm bound journeys might still run as current to the Stewart Close stop on Tile Hill Lane then additionally serve the Herald Ave Sainsbury's stop, now that I've thought about it this option seems more likely - if the 10 isn't changing.

Sandy Lane

any info on the 23 tt changes?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 23, 2020, 06:15:10 PM

No info as yet. Just out of interest how have you @JPC  heard of these changes?

JPC

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2020, 06:21:29 PM
No info as yet. Just out of interest how have you @JPC  heard of these changes?
Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 23, 2020, 06:15:10 PM

No further info other than what is seen here... https://bustimes.org/licences/PD0001111
VOSA registrations are aggregated to this site (a few days after appearing on the VOSA website) and it has a, sometimes useful, additional 'details' section - if you click through on the 6/6A you will see a summary saying it is 're-routed via Herald Avenue' etc.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on January 23, 2020, 07:11:55 PM
No further info other than what is seen here... https://bustimes.org/licences/PD0001111
VOSA registrations are aggregated to this site (a few days after appearing on the VOSA website) and it has a, sometimes useful, additional 'details' section - if you click through on the 6/6A you will see a summary saying it is 're-routed via Herald Avenue' etc.

Hi @JPC  I can see what you posted but as I've said befor on other threads the VOSA reg may not be correct or even the operator may change it at the last minume. So your post about tbe changes on the 1st March might not be correct. On the other hand they may be but you can't be sure. I know someone who runs another website that when changes are announced through VOSA he doesn't take that at face value and he waits for the official announcement if there is one. Obvious if there isn't he waits for the timetable to appear on the NX website or any other webiste before he casts his aspersions (meaning he doesn't update a timetable until he fiscally know the changes are going ahead).

JPC

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2020, 09:18:25 PM
Hi @JPC  I can see what you posted but as I've said befor on other threads the VOSA reg may not be correct or even the operator may change it at the last minume. So your post about tbe changes on the 1st March might not be correct. On the other hand they may be but you can't be sure. I know someone who runs another website that when changes are announced through VOSA he doesn't take that at face value and he waits for the official announcement if there is one. Obvious if there isn't he waits for the timetable to appear on the NX website or any other webiste before he casts his aspersions (meaning he doesn't update a timetable until he fiscally know the changes are going ahead).

OK, most people on here will already know that, of course I should of referred where the infomation came from in the original post and add a 'take with a pinch of salt' warning. Hopefully I'll remember to do that if or when I make similar posts in the future.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on January 23, 2020, 10:39:22 PM
OK, most people on here will already know that, of course I should of referred where the infomation came from in the original post and add a 'take with a pinch of salt' warning. Hopefully I'll remember to do that if or when I make similar posts in the future.

Most times the VOSA for is correct but sometimes it can be incorrect. Maybe all the poster on here should post 'with a pinch of salt' when comenting on VOSA licensing when they post about them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk