News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Network Review - September 2019

Started by JPC, June 19, 2019, 10:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulb1973

I drove along Lythalls Lane earlier Monday - seems all the bus stops there are showing 'Not in Use' Is that correct? The 5 still runs that way albeit on a reduced frequency. On a similar subject the two outbound bus shelters on Croft Rd; the one nearest Queen Victoria Rd is used solely by the 47 - while all the other services use the other shelter! That doesn't seem very sensible. A couple of other bus stops [poles] seem to have been rendered redundant in the city centre too.

Living on the 23 route; mainly Trident & Gemini double decks today displaying 'Binley via Coventry' when heading that way.

JoNi

E200s have been rebranded in same format for 3/A including on the rear window that makes the bus dark inside. So similar didnt notice it had been changed.

Lukeeee2018

The same with the 8's, Eastern Green and Whoberley have been added to the branding.

JoNi

Quote from: Lukeeee2018 on September 23, 2019, 03:49:13 PM
The same with the 8's, Eastern Green and Whoberley have been added to the branding.
I'll look out for an 8, when bus companies change routes they usually change the branding so the route change is noticeable!

JoNi

I've just caught 8 branded 4890 on 21 in Bell Green showing "Coventry via Whitley". I see they have stuck Eastern Green and Whoberley over the station. A garage run off creeping down Stoney Stanton Road at 15mph!

Sandy Lane

The X30 timetable  has also been amended and seems thinned out in the afternoon evening peak. Reduction in service from what I can see. Diamond struggled with a regular 30 min service and TC have found the same problem. Not sure if this clashes with the contract for Ansty Park?

highland

The route map on the inside the 11/12X route branded buses has had connecting routes updated too (for instance, at Canley Sainsbury's).

I've noticed that the 11s have been quiet since Sunday - perhaps the whole announcement system has been switched off until the new stops on Corporation Street are recorded.

Unsurprisingly, now the 4 is every 15m it had mostly single deckers yesterday, with one ALX400 on the circuit.

The 10/10A were mostly double deckers, which makes a change for the old 5 which mostly got single deckers before the change. I also fear the Canley/Tile Hill halves of the 4/10A are going to get a lot less reliable now they also go to the other side of Coventry. The 10A I was on lost a lot of time on the way to Westwood.

I took a trip on the 3/3A and was surprised at how many people from Arena Park/Holbrooks were hoping to use the old 4 to get all the way to the Hospital, especially given the relatively wide range of alternative and more direct routes, at least from Arena Park. The driver was very helpful to anyone who had a question.

Facebook users don't seem particularly happy with the changes, with some seeing it all as rather pointless (and I'm minded to agree), but of course the people who comment are a bit self-selecting as bus users ambivalent about the changes probably won't chip in. So, hard to tell how it's all being received as a whole.

JoNi

Quote from: highland on September 24, 2019, 10:33:00 AM
The route map on the inside the 11/12X route branded buses has had connecting routes updated too (for instance, at Canley Sainsbury's).

I've noticed that the 11s have been quiet since Sunday - perhaps the whole announcement system has been switched off until the new stops on Corporation Street are recorded.

Unsurprisingly, now the 4 is every 15m it had mostly single deckers yesterday, with one ALX400 on the circuit.

The 10/10A were mostly double deckers, which makes a change for the old 5 which mostly got single deckers before the change. I also fear the Canley/Tile Hill halves of the 4/10A are going to get a lot less reliable now they also go to the other side of Coventry. The 10A I was on lost a lot of time on the way to Westwood.

I took a trip on the 3/3A and was surprised at how many people from Arena Park/Holbrooks were hoping to use the old 4 to get all the way to the Hospital, especially given the relatively wide range of alternative and more direct routes, at least from Arena Park. The driver was very helpful to anyone who had a question.

Facebook users don't seem particularly happy with the changes, with some seeing it all as rather pointless (and I'm minded to agree), but of course the people who comment are a bit self-selecting as bus users ambivalent about the changes probably won't chip in. So, hard to tell how it's all being received as a whole.

Isn't that what Transport Focus is supposed to be there for!

Sh4318

Very poorly (on the sides), I might add. Instead of reapplying side branding, or accurately placing the new branding over the old one, it's been poorly placed on top of the old one, completely out of line with the old branding, and I slightly different shade of maroon to the original branding
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

sandboy20

The revised displays on NX Coventry vehicles is not helpful or constructive. Vehicles now display "Coventry" or "via Coventry" which is meaningless. Most routes, whether cross city or terminus to city (centre), still operate within the Coventry boundary so "Coventry" or "via Coventry" as a destination is absurd. Whatever was wrong with "City Centre" or "via City Centre" which is a far more precise as a destination or intermediate stopping point? I note also that the same logic has invaded the printed timetables.

Busboy105

Quote from: sandboy20 on October 11, 2019, 01:02:44 PM
The revised displays on NX Coventry vehicles is not helpful or constructive. Vehicles now display "Coventry" or "via Coventry" which is meaningless. Most routes, whether cross city or terminus to city (centre), still operate within the Coventry boundary so "Coventry" or "via Coventry" as a destination is absurd. Whatever was wrong with "City Centre" or "via City Centre" which is a far more precise as a destination or intermediate stopping point? I note also that the same logic has invaded the printed timetables.
Exactly, it's very vague. Is it stopping at Pool Meadow or at the city centre. For me, buses that stop at Pool Meadow should say Coventry (Pool Meadow). It's the same with Birmingham bus routes. Birmingham for me it's doesn't make sense on its own, City Centre should be underneath it.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Sh4318 on September 29, 2019, 06:29:21 PM
Very poorly (on the sides), I might add. Instead of reapplying side branding, or accurately placing the new branding over the old one, it's been poorly placed on top of the old one, completely out of line with the old branding, and I slightly different shade of maroon to the original branding

Maybe temporary until the buses are sky blued
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Sandy Lane

Stop CU3 in town caught me out after the review. For years and years all buses stopped here including NXC 13 and SC 86. Now the 13 doesnt but the 86 does. Both also serve the stops either side.

Is there a reason? Just seems crazy to me?

JPC

Quote from: Sandy Lane on October 14, 2019, 06:15:49 PM
Stop CU3 in town caught me out after the review. For years and years all buses stopped here including NXC 13 and SC 86. Now the 13 doesnt but the 86 does. Both also serve the stops either side.

Traveline says the 86 serves CU3 but the thinks different,

I suppose the close proximity of the next stop in Gosford St CU1 is the reasoning... routes which turn right into Jordan Well uses CU3 and routes which turn left into Gosford St uses CU4 - apart from Stagecoach defying this.

paulb1973

Quote from: Sandy Lane on October 14, 2019, 06:15:49 PM

That sounds like the outbound bus stop on Cox Street nearest the Gosford St/Jordan Well/Whitefriars St crossroads. Not sure why the 13 isn't calling there!? But I notice stop 'VR1' (previously solely for the 21 to Willenhall on Queen Victoria Rd) is out of use. I don't think there is much using one of the inbound stops (either CR1 or CR2, a pole not a shelter) on Croft Road for that matter - even more curious is all the buses heading outbound on Croft Rd using stop CR4, with the occasional service 47 having adjacent stop CR3 all to its self!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk