News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Network Review - September 2019

Started by JPC, June 19, 2019, 10:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

JPC

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 07, 2020, 10:21:23 PM
changes to 23 are to improve reliability due to traffic congestion.
https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/information/service-changes/service-changes-from-2nd-march-2020

Same for the 4A 6 & 6A

So after one final big push with the 6/6A service proving to be fruitless the outbound stop by Stewart Close on Tile Hill Lane is finally being abandoned this time around. (Ref. Traveline Midlands website)

Sandy Lane

The 13 route is affected by traffic congestion on a MEGA scale yet nothing appears to be happening about it? I am hoping that Stagecoach come in and bring some competition back again on short 86 runs to Binley Woods.

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 08, 2020, 08:17:14 AM
The 13 route is affected by traffic congestion on a MEGA scale yet nothing appears to be happening about it? I am hoping that Stagecoach come in and bring some competition back again on short 86 runs to Binley Woods.

Is that because stagecoach buses don't have to sit in traffic congestion

Sandy Lane

Tony, 13 is a cross city route and the Willenhall service gets really badly clagged up due to congestion on the Whitmore Park end. The 86 coming in from Rugby generally runs to time. I reckon the 13 Willehall should either be standalone or go to some other cross city destination - train station maybe?

paulb1973

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 08, 2020, 02:35:25 PM
Tony, 13 is a cross city route and the Willenhall service gets really badly clagged up due to congestion on the Whitmore Park end. The 86 coming in from Rugby generally runs to time. I reckon the 13 Willehall should either be standalone or go to some other cross city destination - train station maybe?

Splitting cross-city services into individual routes is a poorer use of resources presumably and if the 13 was joined in some way to the Rail Station, is it very busy there too in the morning and evenings. That route might get delayed as well! I would have thought the 13 would get snarled up around Willenhall Lane & Brandon Rd as people travel to/from work at that nearby business park.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk