News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

@Ashley, I see the 19:05 ex Wolves most nights (Sometimes catch it if i can't be bothered to catch a 59) and it is pretty much always a double decker (Usually a Trident).

4332 is on WA89/03 tonight (The board 1778 was on)

Liverpool Street

@lynx1103 - Passenger Champion? What's that mean when it's at home?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

P419 EJW

Quote from: lynx1103 on May 23, 2014, 09:41:19 PM
Quote from: P419 EJW on May 23, 2014, 03:08:12 PM
I saw 2 drivers, on separate occasions, wearing a blue hi-vis jacket. Could anyone explain what the jacket is?

The blue hi viz jackets are for 301 drivers with Passenger Champion printed on them.
Also WB 40 route has the blue hi viz as well.

Thanks for the answer. I did not know it was exclusive to 301 because the first time I saw a male driver with a blue hi-vis jacket was on 1446 on 39. The second time was a female driver on 677 on 301. (I have a great memory haha!)

Can I ask are these blue hi-vis jackets being allocated to -every- 301 driver or just -specific- drivers whom have been chosen? LS just beat me to it, what is "Passenger Champion"?

don

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 24, 2014, 10:46:44 AM

@Liverpool Street - I'm guessing they've been trained in exemplary customer service - perhaps like Waitrose compared to Aldi. Unfortunately the word champion applied to everyday tasks as a dreamt up Managememt/HR/marketing term makes me think of Champion the Wonder Horse - not what's intended at all I guess. It wouldn't have happened in BCT days (or WCBC Transport days for that matter  ;)
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

lynx1103

They are allocated to all 19 designated 301 drivers

Passenger champion is just an idea in a fight back to compete against diamond on 301.

WB 40 drivers have the same Hi Viz

One driver on Bradford Place rota has blue hiviz as he trains new drivers on routes
Known as buddy driver before they go out on there own.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: don on May 24, 2014, 11:43:04 AM

@Liverpool Street - I'm guessing they've been trained in exemplary customer service - perhaps like Waitrose compared to Aldi. Unfortunately the word champion applied to everyday tasks as a dreamt up Managememt/HR/marketing term makes me think of Champion the Wonder Horse - not what's intended at all I guess. It wouldn't have happened in BCT days (or WCBC Transport days for that matter  ;)

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one then ;) haha That's the one with Frankie Laine? [Or Lane, either way]
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

P419 EJW

Quote from: lynx1103 on May 24, 2014, 11:51:19 AM

Passenger champion is just an idea in a fight back to compete against diamond on 301.

One driver on Bradford Place rota has blue hiviz as he trains new drivers on routes
Known as buddy driver before they go out on their own.

Ahh, interesting! That explains why I saw one on 39. Thank you for answering.

don

Quote from: lynx1103 on May 24, 2014, 11:51:19 AM

Known as buddy driver before they go out on there own.

Thanks for clarifying - anything which improves customer service has to be a good initiative.

don

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 24, 2014, 12:09:31 PM

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one then ;) haha That's the one with Frankie Laine? [Or Lane, either way]

Indeed Frankie Laine sang the theme song along with Rawhide and Blazing Saddles - though he wasn't told before he did it the last one was a parody of old western films, a comedy involving such gems as baked bean eating cowboys and severe farting!! Off topic - smacked wrist.....sorry mods.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: don on May 24, 2014, 02:04:45 PM

Indeed Frankie Laine sang the theme song along with Rawhide and Blazing Saddles - though he wasn't told before he did it the last one was a parody of old western films, a comedy involving such gems as baked bean eating cowboys and severe farting!! Off topic - smacked wrist.....sorry mods.

John Agee was the person who trained Champion in those series, IIRC.

Proper western comedy, don't get any such gems in today's backward society. Thanks for the excellent flashbacks there, Don!

Suppose we better get back on topic though, I'm not one for breaking the rules.. lol

--

Do we know if it's only Walsall Garage which have these blue-viz'd drivers or is it rolled out across all garages?
until it cought fire

P419 EJW

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 24, 2014, 02:10:00 PM
*snip*

Do we know if it's only Walsall Garage which have these blue-viz'd drivers or is it rolled out across all garages?

Lynx1103 did say WB40 drivers have the blue hi-vis jackets as well. Although, I am not entirely sure about other garages.

Westy

Quote from: don on May 24, 2014, 02:04:45 PM

One of the first films we rented when we first got a video in 1983.

Still a favourite to this day, along with Police Academy!

Liverpool Street

until it cought fire

lynx1103

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 24, 2014, 05:05:44 PM
Probably explains a bit further about these blue issue:

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/driving-mavericks-make-bus-top-gun-

No this is Seperate regarding blue ties

Passenger champion is a bid to drive more revenue onto NXWM from
Diamond routes.

winston

Quote from: lynx1103 on May 24, 2014, 05:36:23 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 24, 2014, 05:05:44 PM
Probably explains a bit further about these blue issue:

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/driving-mavericks-make-bus-top-gun-

No this is Seperate regarding blue ties

Passenger champion is a bid to drive more revenue onto NXWM from
Diamond routes.

Are NX turning up the heat on Diamond again?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk