News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Eric Shaw on October 18, 2013, 08:00:55 PM
I travelled on 4682 on the X51 yesterday morning. It pulled up at traffic lights alogside a Scania on the 907 and was left standing when they accelerated away togather. It was then left behind when  pulling away from a stop on the hill into Walsall by an Enviro on the51. I had thought it was running on time but another X51 followed it into the bus station so was presumably 20 mins late.

Or it was on time and the other one was late?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Eric Shaw on October 18, 2013, 08:00:55 PM
I travelled on 4682 on the X51 yesterday morning. It pulled up at traffic lights alogside a Scania on the 907 and was left standing when they accelerated away togather. It was then left behind when  pulling away from a stop on the hill into Walsall by an Enviro on the51. I had thought it was running on time but another X51 followed it into the bus station so was presumably 20 mins late.

Was your driver on 4682 accelerating hard or softly?

andyr

The WA Geminis are fantastic buses from memory. I have a few days at home next week and will try to catch a few of them. Quiet engines, just as they should be then.

nitromatt1

Quote from: andyr on October 19, 2013, 07:44:00 PM
The WA Geminis are fantastic buses from memory. I have a few days at home next week and will try to catch a few of them. Quiet engines, just as they should be then.

It's not so much that the engines are quiet, they are no quieter or louder than normal, but additional rough sounds on top make the engine seem quiet

Eric Shaw

4682 appeared to be working hard. The hydraulic was screeching any time the engine was revving. It left Walsall before the bus which followed it in.

lynx1103

All Walsall tridents Previous TWM logos now have nxwm logos front
Back and side.

Trident 4609

Quote from: lynx1103 on October 21, 2013, 03:28:33 PM
All Walsall tridents Previous TWM logos now have nxwm logos front
Back and side.

And the ex Walsall Rd branded tridents in TWM livery have gained the proper NX logos like WN and BC's tridents. Saw 4137 with the logos on the 89 in Wednesfield this morning.

Bob

Some of walsalls tridents are looking a bit tatty now arent they.still ten times better than the horrific offerings arriva stick on the 19 though lol

Ashley 4566

Hey those "horrific offerings" on the 19 are beasts, they run well and are immaculate inside and out

nitromatt1

Quote from: Ashley 4566 on October 21, 2013, 11:22:35 PM
Hey those "horrific offerings" on the 19 are beasts, they run well and are immaculate inside and out

I agree with you there Ashley, not much I like more than anything with a DAF DB250 chassis, the Arriva ones sound nice as well, better than the NXWM ones

John

Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 21, 2013, 11:26:10 PM

I agree with you there Ashley, not much I like more than anything with a DAF DB250 chassis, the Arriva ones sound nice as well, better than the NXWM ones

I'll second that. When I have been on them on the 19 they have been smart inside and out, running well, a lot better condition than NXWMs Spectras, the Arriva DAFs are nowhere near as bad as made out by the 'Arriva hate club'. The ex-Walsall Road Trident are in a lot worse condition wise both inside and out

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: John on October 22, 2013, 08:09:41 AM

I'll second that. When I have been on them on the 19 they have been smart inside and out, running well, a lot better condition than NXWMs Spectras, the Arriva DAFs are nowhere near as bad as made out by the 'Arriva hate club'

I live a short walk from the 19 route and I've only seen one broken down.

Westy

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on October 22, 2013, 08:11:59 AM
Quote from: John on October 22, 2013, 08:09:41 AM

I'll second that. When I have been on them on the 19 they have been smart inside and out, running well, a lot better condition than NXWMs Spectras, the Arriva DAFs are nowhere near as bad as made out by the 'Arriva hate club'

I live a short walk from the 19 route and I've only seen one broken down.

The one I went on once squeaked!

Trident 4609

As NXWM Spectra says We both live 5 minutes away from the Lichfield Rd in Wednesfield so we get both the NXWM Spectras on the 59 and the Arriva ALX400 DAF's on the 19 and i ride both regually and the Arriva DAF's are fast compared to Spectras!

Bob

One of the s reg arriva ones s292 jua poss has the worst sounding brakes ive ever heard. Screeching really bad the driver said it was doing his nut lol. Another has ripped and sticking up flooring by the buggy area and theyve got stupid seating downstairs.  But if they were good buses etc and a good service whys the 19 always so dead?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk