News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on February 13, 2022, 06:16:55 PM
I caught 6892 Ward End into Town earlier on the 95, the 11.47 one I think. And  it passed a 34/39 branded scania on Nechells Parkway heading out of town the other way NIS.
Wonder where that one was going?

Back to garage?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on February 13, 2022, 08:05:02 PM
Back to garage?
Doubt it.
If it was heading back to garage it'd go out along the Birchfield Road rather than 94/95 route?

I think TGB and Ridleys have been running cross country Rail Reps to Coleshill this weekend to, so could be route learning those maybe, but i'm not sure.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Looking at Bustimes.Org, only one of the 34/39 branded vehicles hasn't been in service today, assuming the data is correct, so would that be the vehicle concerned?

(I'm guessing it's ticket machine or whatever does the tracking wasn't switched on, else it would have shown up on the website?)

DJ

It was doing route learning for the rail replacements.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Quote from: DJ on February 13, 2022, 10:56:40 PM
It was doing route learning for the rail replacements.
Thanks for confirming.
Quote from: Westy on February 13, 2022, 10:17:44 PM
(I'm guessing it's ticket machine or whatever does the tracking wasn't switched on, else it would have shown up on the website?)
6892 didn't track on its 95 trip either. So NX had stopped tracking at the time I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Wumpty

Quote from: Jack on February 11, 2022, 05:05:27 PM
@Wumpty, for the 3rd time it's not noteworthy to have Omnilinks (or B7RLE's) on the B'ham services. Even Tony has confirmed they will be used when there's not enough compliant Deckers.

Someone who uses these services a lot it's irritating when you post them, considering there was 5 on them the other day didn't see you start posting them!

Morning @Jack, good to see you haven't lost any of your usual effervescent charm and manners.  I asked the question of Tony if these are usual allocations and they are not. They are back ups for shortages of non-compliant deckers, therefore, in my opinion, if they are not the usual allocation, then they are noteworthy.

As for "the other day", I work full time and have a life outside of this forum and post when I want. Perhaps you should try it sometime, or engage positively with other forum users, and you may be taken more seriously.

Enjoy your next journey on these routes - hope you get an Omnilink :D
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

@Wumpty, for the 3rd time it's not noteworthy to have Omnilinks (or B7RLE's) on the B'ham services. Even Tony has confirmed they will be used when there's not enough compliant Deckers.

Someone who uses these services a lot it's irritating when you post them, considering there was 5 on them the other day didn't see you start posting them!

At no point do I remember appointing @Jack a moderator on this forum!

Stu

While OmniLinks or B7RLEs do occasionally get used, the point here is that they are NOT the usual allocation.
My locals:

Stu

Quote from: Wumpty on March 04, 2022, 08:21:49 AM
1898 - 51

Spotted via remotecam

Quote from: Wumpty on March 07, 2022, 11:33:16 AM
1835 - X51

Spotted via remotecam on Bloxwich Road.

Quote from: Wumpty on March 08, 2022, 09:10:51 AM
1895 - 51  Spotted via remotecam in Walsall
1886 - 51  Spotted via remotecam on Birmingham Road/Broadway islands

@Wumpty do you not get the feeling that these may not be that noteworthy anymore?  ;D
My locals:

Jack

Quote from: Stu on March 08, 2022, 06:38:09 PM
@Wumpty do you not get the feeling that these may not be that noteworthy anymore?  ;D
That was my point exactly but you're asking for your head to be bitten off to be quite honest...

Gareth

Surely any bus that isn't the allocated type is noteworthy? If that's not the case then just get rid of the thread. These workings can just be posted in the relevant garage thread. At least discussion can be had there, unlike the so called 'noteworthy workings' thread which bizarrely doesn't allow any kind of discussion, but it's fine to reply to that comment elsewhere.
In the past two years buses are being used anywhere and everywhere quite regularly. Keep it all in the garage threads.

Westy

Quote from: Gareth on March 08, 2022, 10:58:46 PM
Surely any bus that isn't the allocated type is noteworthy? If that's not the case then just get rid of the thread. These workings can just be posted in the relevant garage thread. At least discussion can be had there, unlike the so called 'noteworthy workings' thread which bizarrely doesn't allow any kind of discussion, but it's fine to reply to that comment elsewhere.
In the past two years buses are being used anywhere and everywhere quite regularly. Keep it all in the garage threads.

I've always found it rather disjointed with the comments in one thread, but any further comments have to go in a different thread.

Wumpty

Quote from: Stu on March 08, 2022, 06:38:09 PM

@Stu I report based on the allocations on https://wmbu.org.uk/enthusiasts/nx-bus-usual-allocations/ that tell us what is/isn't noteworthy. If these ARE more commonly used, then once the list is updated, I'll stop reporting. The Omnilinks are probably more noteworthy now given that they are being withdrawn/placed into reserve and the type will become a more infrequent occurrence on Walsall Garage routes like 51/X51 as reported.. Are you involved in updating this list still - if you are then perhaps the routes that are felt no longer noteworthy should include ALL types that are now "Also commonly used"? This would help us greatly.

Quote from: Gareth on March 08, 2022, 10:58:46 PM
Surely any bus that isn’t the allocated type is noteworthy? If that’s not the case then just get rid of the thread. These workings can just be posted in the relevant garage thread. At least discussion can be had there, unlike the so called ‘noteworthy workings’ thread which bizarrely doesn’t allow any kind of discussion, but it’s fine to reply to that comment elsewhere.

Exactly MY point @Gareth - how often does a bus need to be used on a route where it is not usually allocated to become no longer noteworthy? As I've mentioned above, the Omnilinks are probably more noteworthy now given that they are being withdrawn/placed into reserve.

Quote from: Jack on March 08, 2022, 06:39:32 PM
That was my point exactly but you’re asking for your head to be bitten off to be quite honest…

Your previous posts do, on occasion, actually contain some merit, then you shoot yourself in the foot with sarcastic and childish remarks like this @Jack that make you appear like a wannabe moderator - perhaps you could offer a constructive answer to the question above.......how often does a bus need to be used on a route where it is not usually allocated to become no longer noteworthy?

As with anything like this, there needs to me a measure against the frequency of use to deem it no longer noteworthy or simply just close the thread.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Quote from: Wumpty on March 09, 2022, 07:33:00 AM
the Omnilinks are probably more noteworthy now given that they are being withdrawn/placed into reserve.
Still 50 odd scanias allocated there at present. 

They might become less common on there in the comming weeks/months though maybe, when more streetdecks are used, so more compliant buses at that garage available for service. Presuming the Sprint service will start running by July?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Must admit I've never been a fan of the Omnilinks.

Along with the B6's, I found them a bit cramped.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk