News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: bbs on December 29, 2021, 02:49:28 PM
yes they can use the new hydrogens but I do think its best to train drivers with hydrogens just In case like what happened yesterday. Will indeed miss seeing 4601 on the roads.

Not sure on your point here, all drivers are trained on all buses they drive

Westy

I've got the impression from previous posts that the hydrogens are only allowed on the 51?(& an X51 board)

Is that correct?

Solo1

Quote from: Westy on December 29, 2021, 04:41:28 PM
I've got the impression from previous posts that the hydrogens are only allowed on the 51?(& an X51 board)

Is that correct?
only for 51 I read

Stu

Is that correct?

That is correct, my understanding is that Birmingham city council have requested these only be used on the 51 (and those X51 journeys on 51 running board).

With 20 brand new hydrogen buses now available, some of the current E400s are now 'spare' so there is no need for Walsall to transfer in any vehicles to replace those damaged in this fire.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

Is that correct?

Are any brum to cannock/vice versa trips on the 51/X51 board?

Mayfield

Why has 1767 been painted green

the trainbasher

Quote from: Mayfield on January 15, 2022, 08:57:34 PM
Why has 1767 been painted green

New owner paid for it for a guess?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

DJ

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 15, 2022, 10:49:22 PM
New owner paid for it for a guess?

Yep, although it'll have a touch of brighter green too once finished, although I presume that'll be vinyl. The company they're going to is pretty well known for their green buses.  ;)

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Wumpty

Quote from: DJ on January 16, 2022, 02:16:15 PM
Yep, although it'll have a touch of brighter green too once finished, although I presume that'll be vinyl. The company they're going to is pretty well known for their green buses.  ;)
Luxton & District perhaps  :D
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Wumpty

Great to see the oldest and newest Walsall buses on the 51 today - 4125 and the Hydrogens working alongside each other.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Martin

I've just seen a picture on Facebook of 1834 in Walsall corporation colours has it been photoshopped or is it real Tony ?
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

Michael Bevan

Some photos have been posted on Facebook of 1834 in it's Walsall Corporation livery. According to the post, it should be out on the 4's (4/H/M) today.

888DUK

Saw 1834 on the 8 through Brownhills today, boy does the Walsall heritage livery suit this vehicle, looks absolutely superb. My only disappointment was the lack of the large logo fleet numbers in that yellowy/cream colour that Walsall Corporation used to use.
Congrats to the paintshop though a really superb job.

Tony

Quote from: 888DUK on January 28, 2022, 08:50:10 PM
Saw 1834 on the 8 through Brownhills today, boy does the Walsall heritage livery suit this vehicle, looks absolutely superb. My only disappointment was the lack of the large logo fleet numbers in that yellowy/cream colour that Walsall Corporation used to use.
Congrats to the paintshop though a really superb job.

Numbers are exactly the same style as 4601 had, but slightly smaller because full size ones would have overlapped the emergency door button flap.

888DUK

Thanks for the explanation Tony👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk