News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on November 25, 2021, 12:11:46 PM
I think so, they were on the 9 last Sunday!

Something for my sister to look out for then, but knowing her luck , it'll be late anyway!

Stu

Quote from: Wumpty on November 25, 2021, 02:58:38 PM
You've posted in the wrong thread. That aside, given the only evidence I can find to support my post, it is noteworthy as this states "any double decker". I have mentioned Streetdecks as noteworthy, only as they are a very small group and were normally confined to certain routes.

https://wmbu.org.uk/enthusiasts/nx-bus-usual-allocations/

Nope, as stated in the Noteworthy Workings topic, any comments on posts made in that topic should be posted in the relevant garage thread.

As for the Usual Allocations list, that is unfortunately not updated as often as I would like, mainly as I don't have access to what the usual allocations would be - after all I don't work for NX Bus myself - plus few people suggest changes that need to be made.

So the Usual Allocations list is not to be taken as 'gospel truth' as it can easily go out of date.

I would remind ALL members to keep discussions here civilised and constructive though, that is all.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

markcf83

Don't know if this has been asked already-if it has then apologies. What is going to happen to the Enviros that are about to be replaced by the Hydrogen buses on the 51?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

DJ

Quote from: markcf83 on December 02, 2021, 11:11:42 PM
Don't know if this has been asked already-if it has then apologies. What is going to happen to the Enviros that are about to be replaced by the Hydrogen buses on the 51?

It's not been decided yet, or at least not mentioned publicly. Tony mentioned in the thread for the Hydrogen vehicles "As per my regularly answer to questions like this I don't post future transfers".

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

markcf83

Quote from: DJ on December 03, 2021, 04:11:59 AM
It's not been decided yet, or at least not mentioned publicly. Tony mentioned in the thread for the Hydrogen vehicles "As per my regularly answer to questions like this I don't post future transfers".

That's fair enough.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Bob

Would the X51 be running to Cannock on boxing day?

Westy

Quote from: Bob on December 03, 2021, 09:18:22 PM
Would the X51 be running to Cannock on boxing day?

That NX web page suggests it, doesn't it, along with the 8 to Lichfield!

Jack

@Wumpty, Omnilinks and B7RLE's aren't exactly noteworthy on the 997, they aren't odd on the Birmingham services...

Westy

Quote from: Jack on December 06, 2021, 03:46:53 PM
@Wumpty, Omnilinks and B7RLE's aren't exactly noteworthy on the 997, they aren't odd on the Birmingham services...

Must admit I've never seen Omnilinks or B7Lres on non X51 / 51 routes.

The Platinum subs I normally see on the 997 etc are 'standard' E400's!

Gareth

Quote from: Jack on December 06, 2021, 03:46:53 PM

They're not the allocated type and rarely appear on the 997. So 'Wumpty' is quite right to mention it as noteworthy. It helps the children out to photograph it or as is the current trend, watch it on an online map.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Gareth on December 06, 2021, 04:34:14 PM
They're not the allocated type and rarely appear on the 997. So 'Wumpty' is quite right to mention it as noteworthy. It helps the children out to photograph it or as is the current trend, watch it on an online map.

@Gareth I'd disagree with your statement saying that rarely appear on the 997. In my opinion it happens quite often. You'll often find one on a City service at some point in the week. Like as well as 1887 today (which was a change bus for 6735), 1842 did a trip on the 51 too.

Jack

Quote from: Gareth on December 06, 2021, 04:34:14 PM
I see and use the 997 almost everyday, the Omnilinks aren't a rare thing at all on there, they don't rarely appear either, 1835, 1853 and 1892 were all on it on Friday. The 997 out of the B'ham services see's more than the others, I take it you don't see the 997 or use it much either... Its been a common occurrence more so since the CAZ was introduced...

Quote from: Michael Bevan on December 06, 2021, 04:41:49 PM
@Gareth I'd disagree with your statement saying that rarely appear on the 997. In my opinion it happens quite often. You'll often find one on a City service at some point in the week. Like as well as 1887 today (which was a change bus for 6735), 1842 did a trip on the 51 too.
Thank you! But of course the people who never use the service and just post off the tracker know what is and isn't used  ::)

Gareth

Then the whole of the noteworthy workings thread is totally pointless then. Because 9 times out of 10 you'll get a bus type that has appeared on that route before. And someone is always quick to point out it's not noteworthy because of x, y or z. If Omnilinks are common on the 997 then they should be added to that spreadsheet (is that still going?) as another vehicle type the route uses.
Seems silly that a single deck non platinum vehicle on a double deck platinum route is normal.

Stu

Quote from: Gareth on December 06, 2021, 05:09:00 PM
Then the whole of the noteworthy workings thread is totally pointless then. Because 9 times out of 10 you'll get a bus type that has appeared on that route before. And someone is always quick to point out it's not noteworthy because of x, y or z. If Omnilinks are common on the 997 then they should be added to that spreadsheet (is that still going?) as another vehicle type the route uses.
Seems silly that a single deck non platinum vehicle on a double deck platinum route is normal.

Yes, the spreadsheet is still going, but the problem is that I do not work for NX Bus and do not know 'officially' what the vehicle allocations are at each garage. I can only ever vouch for the routes local to me or that I use myself frequently.

So I rely on other members to make suggestions for amendments in order to try and keep the list as up-to-date as possible, but even so, allocations can change at short notice.

I thank the few members who do point out errors and amendments that need to be made, but I ask that these suggestions are posted in the following thread so that I can keep track and then make changes when I get the opportunity:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=4016.0

What I do find tiresome is members making snarky or sniping comments about posted observations, who don't point out inaccuracies so I can get the sheet updated.

And I will also stress that we prefer people report noteworthy workings that they have seen for themselves, rather than by poring over BusTimes.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wumpty

Quote from: Stu on December 06, 2021, 07:12:42 PM
Yes, the spreadsheet is still going, but the problem is that I do not work for NX Bus and do not know 'officially' what the vehicle allocations are at each garage. I can only ever vouch for the routes local to me or that I use myself frequently.

So I rely on other members to make suggestions for amendments in order to try and keep the list as up-to-date as possible, but even so, allocations can change at short notice.

I thank the few members who do point out errors and amendments that need to be made, but I ask that these suggestions are posted in the following thread so that I can keep track and then make changes when I get the opportunity:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=4016.0

What I do find tiresome is members making snarky or sniping comments about posted observations, who don't point out inaccuracies so I can get the sheet updated.

And I will also stress that we prefer people report noteworthy workings that they have seen for themselves, rather than by poring over BusTimes.

@Stu thanks for the information you DO and CAN provide - it's invaluable and a very good basis for the noteworthy thread. Yes, guilty of breaching the additional posts in "noteworthy" but equally bored of the snarky comments - I've worked in the bus industry over the years (though not presently) and NX are a client of mine so do get some information first hand.

I cover a vast amount of mileage across the region everyday and have access to in-cab vehicle cams on our fleet that will pick up other traffic - indeed, some of the sightings I've reported are from in-cab cams that do throw up some very interesting sightings!

With the redistribution of the fleets to some other routes, the noteworthiness of some routes/vehicle types is ever changing. It could be said that ANY bus on ANY route is no longer noteworthy, though I'll still keep reporting them as I see them, based on the overall probability of a not-usually-allocated type appearing.

Thanks to @Gareth for the support, and still welcome the opinions of @Jack and @Michael Bevan - we'll agree to disagree.

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk