News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

888DUK

With failing eye sight in my old age I would prefer larger fleet numbers, unless I'm right on top of the bus I can never make out the number with the current style used.

Stu

Quote from: Wumpty on November 08, 2021, 07:59:52 AM
In the grand scheme of things, I'm sure it doesn't matter as long as they have a fleet number. My issue, as I've said before, is that when you spend £1/2 million on a brand new coach and stick any old number on it, it cheapens the whole vehicle. If you compare that to WA's 4601 where they've gone into minute detail with the Walsall Corporation livery and the (nearest available) matching fleet numbers, and then look at the new coaches fleet numbers, NX have finally nailed the corporate image and branding across both bus and coach and these finishing touches should reinforce the company philosophy and brand.

On the other hand, the Platinums at AG have the internal fleet number upstairs written in marker pen.  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wumpty

Quote from: Stu on November 08, 2021, 07:04:27 PM
On the other hand, the Platinums at AG have the internal fleet number upstairs written in marker pen.  ;D

A return to the days where they'd do the same on the Timesavers - fleet numbers in marker on the stairway headboard beghind you as you walk up. In fairness, some used to make a real effort to make them look calligraphied!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

don

Quote from: ellspurs on November 05, 2021, 04:58:53 PM
You're right - 333 doesn't match 337 which doesn't match 338. I quite clearly didn't look at them properly.

From recent photos on the main site, 3304 and 6912 (YW) have larger than standard fleet numbers on the offside under the driver's window also. Very recently repainted 1811 has standard ones.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

I caught 4737 on the X51 all the way from Birmingham to the Designer Outlet in Cannock this afternoon. It also took 9 passengers of 6714 infront at the Orbital Park which terminated there, before that hadn't been many other passengers since Walsall where it had nearly emptied, the one infront was running quite late presumably.

And I saw 6713 by the big church on Uxbridge Street in Hednesford on a CG4 to Handsacre to.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on November 24, 2021, 08:16:00 PM
I caught 4737 on the X51 all the way from Birmingham to the Designer Outlet in Cannock this afternoon. It also took 9 passengers of 6714 infront at the Orbital Park which terminated there, before that hadn't been many other passengers since Walsall where it had nearly emptied, the one infront was running quite late presumably.

And I saw 6713 by the big church on Uxbridge Street in Hednesford on a CG4 to Handsacre to.

I've been catching the 06:30 from Cannock a few days recently when my first job has been at Walsall garage. I get on at the designer village as that is the closest stop to my house. Normally it has about 3 passengers on before me, by the time it gets to Walsall garage it normally has  about 20 on, so carrying a lot more than @Westy says is on the early 1

Westy

Quote from: Tony on November 24, 2021, 08:20:05 PM
I've been catching the 06:30 from Cannock a few days recently when my first job has been at Walsall garage. I get on at the designer village as that is the closest stop to my house. Normally it has about 3 passengers on before me, by the time it gets to Walsall garage it normally has  about 20 on, so carrying a lot more than @Westy says is on the early 1

I'll end up on the Bloxwich Road route over Xmas, as Chaserider will more than likely go to Saturday service at that point, & the 1 doesn't do Saturdays!

Wumpty

Great to see 3304 out on the WA10 - are these Streetdecks on general use or on targeted routes?

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on November 25, 2021, 09:15:10 AM
Great to see 3304 out on the WA10 - are these Streetdecks on general use or on targeted routes?

Fairly general, 3301-4 seem to have been got to be reasonably reliable now, 3305 is currently VoR

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on November 25, 2021, 11:26:02 AM
Fairly general, 3301-4 seem to have been got to be reasonably reliable now, 3305 is currently VoR
I said this some while back that Streetdecks have found the ideal home at Walsall. I'm unsure why they were so unreliable at PN, though the type will be a perfect compliment to the Hydrogen buses when they launch on the 51.

Nice work Walsall Garage!

Westy

If Wolverhampton can give the Spectras a second life, we're sure Walsall can do the same for the Streetdecks!

Must get round to riding one, now they're over here.

Are they on the Sunday list?

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on November 25, 2021, 12:09:52 PM
If Wolverhampton can give the Spectras a second life, we're sure Walsall can do the same for the Streetdecks!

Must get round to riding one, now they're over here.

Are they on the Sunday list?
I think so, they were on the 9 last Sunday!

Jack

@Wumpty, E200's aren't noteworthy on the 77, you'll see anything on there to be honest...

Wumpty

Quote from: Jack on November 25, 2021, 02:39:51 PM
@Wumpty, E200's aren't noteworthy on the 77, you'll see anything on there to be honest...

You've posted in the wrong thread. That aside, given the only evidence I can find to support my post, it is noteworthy as this states "any double decker". I have mentioned Streetdecks as noteworthy, only as they are a very small group and were normally confined to certain routes.

https://wmbu.org.uk/enthusiasts/nx-bus-usual-allocations/

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Wumpty on November 25, 2021, 02:58:38 PM
You've posted in the wrong thread.
He hasn't because the 77 is ran by walsall and save clogging up the noteworthy thread as thats just for noteworthy workings we reply in the respective Garage thread hope this helps for the future

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk