News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 23, 2021, 10:05:52 PM
Yep just got it from Walsall to Coalpool there was a few yobs out but just messing about on there bikes wasnt the best of the batch. Although according to my records when i started it in 2017 its the most common of the batch that i had a caught a total of 51 times i have ridden 1761 and tonight makes it 52 and its final journey

According to Twitter, they've started already tonight!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on October 29, 2021, 06:31:26 PM
According to Twitter, they've started already tonight!

Nothing has 'started already tonight' other than the diversion to make sure nothing happens

Westy

Quote from: Tony on October 29, 2021, 06:37:36 PM
Nothing has 'started already tonight' other than the diversion to make sure nothing happens

With respect, that is not how it reads on Twitter.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on October 29, 2021, 06:44:10 PM
With respect, that is not how it reads on Twitter.

Here is the tweet
Diversion on route 29
Due to anti social behaviour on Coalpool Lane

To Bloxwich
Stafford Street, Bloxwich Road, Harden Road, Walker Road and follow normal line

To Walsall
Reverse of above

It doesn't say there has been any anti social behaviour tonight, and the fact it says 'To Walsall' makes it fairly obvious which 29 it is.

Stu

For discussion of this particular issue, lets keep this in the one topic from now on:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=6109.0
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Tony on October 29, 2021, 06:49:03 PM
Here is the tweet
Diversion on route 29
Due to anti social behaviour on Coalpool Lane

To Bloxwich
Stafford Street, Bloxwich Road, Harden Road, Walker Road and follow normal line

To Walsall
Reverse of above

It doesn't say there has been any anti social behaviour tonight, and the fact it says 'To Walsall' makes it fairly obvious which 29 it is.
Will this diversion happen over the weekend do you know @Tony

Tony

All 5 Streetdecks out in service this morning

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on November 02, 2021, 11:20:21 AM
All 5 Streetdecks out in service this morning

I've said it already, but well done for getting them all out today. It's fantastic to see all of a very small group all operational together!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Wumpty

Has coach 338 had wheelie bin numbers stuck on as fleet numbers? It's like putting tomato ketchup on lobster fradiavlo :o

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/Coaches/338.html

ellspurs

Quote from: Wumpty on November 04, 2021, 01:19:50 PM
Has coach 338 had wheelie bin numbers stuck on as fleet numbers? It's like putting tomato ketchup on lobster fradiavlo :o

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/Coaches/338.html

It matches the other ones on Tony's site that have displayed numbers - 333's number looks a bit wonky.

I love Walsall buses

I have kept my eye on the 70 route past week because lately some buses are being replaced at night i think i can record about 3 times over the past week is there vandalism going on the 70 aswell as the 29 or buses just having somee issues on there and just coincidentally are on at night

Wumpty

Quote from: ellspurs on November 04, 2021, 03:46:36 PM
It matches the other ones on Tony's site that have displayed numbers - 333's number looks a bit wonky.
Perhaps it's my eyesight, but the numbers don't appear to be the corporate font. It's just the small details that finish it off.

DJ

Quote from: Wumpty on November 05, 2021, 09:31:31 AM
Perhaps it's my eyesight, but the numbers don't appear to be the corporate font. It's just the small details that finish it off.

I don't even think it's consistent - the 3's on 337's front fleet number appear to be more rounded than those on 338's.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

ellspurs

Quote from: DJ on November 05, 2021, 04:55:42 PM
I don't even think it's consistent - the 3's on 337's front fleet number appear to be more rounded than those on 338's.

You're right - 333 doesn't match 337 which doesn't match 338. I quite clearly didn't look at them properly.

Wumpty

Quote from: ellspurs on November 05, 2021, 04:58:53 PM
You're right - 333 doesn't match 337 which doesn't match 338. I quite clearly didn't look at them properly.
In the grand scheme of things, I'm sure it doesn't matter as long as they have a fleet number. My issue, as I've said before, is that when you spend £1/2 million on a brand new coach and stick any old number on it, it cheapens the whole vehicle. If you compare that to WA's 4601 where they've gone into minute detail with the Walsall Corporation livery and the (nearest available) matching fleet numbers, and then look at the new coaches fleet numbers, NX have finally nailed the corporate image and branding across both bus and coach and these finishing touches should reinforce the company philosophy and brand.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk