News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Jack on October 12, 2021, 01:52:51 PM
Platinums have been on the 29/70A a lot before so I don't see why its only the 'better buses' that aren't getting attacked when it could be any vehicle, doubt the vandals care.
Well the problem these vandals dont strike usually till late evening when there with there so called "gangs" but its unusual for a platinum to be on there late evening as it would usually be on the SFA1 board which finishes on the 29 at about 15:00 anyway

Wumpty

Quote from: Jack on October 12, 2021, 01:52:51 PM
Platinums have been on the 29/70A a lot before so I don't see why its only the 'better buses' that aren't getting attacked when it could be any vehicle, doubt the vandals care.
The vandals most probably don't, though I'd wager that Walsall have risk assessed the route and the time of day that they've deployed these buses (given the kids "should" be at school), and taken a calculated risk of using them. Either that, or given the number of single deckers that have been targeted, that these are the only buses available for service at that time.

Like I've posted before, NXWM are operating a socially necessary service that generates a profit of some margin that out-weighs the cost of glass replacement. The resultant outcry of them pulling the buses would be a political nightmare for them - they just can't win either way.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

ellspurs

Quote from: Wumpty on October 12, 2021, 02:13:00 PM
The vandals most probably don't, though I'd wager that Walsall have risk assessed the route and the time of day that they've deployed these buses (given the kids "should" be at school), and taken a calculated risk of using them. Either that, or given the number of single deckers that have been targeted, that these are the only buses available for service at that time.

Like I've posted before, NXWM are operating a socially necessary service that generates a profit of some margin that out-weighs the cost of glass replacement. The resultant outcry of them pulling the buses would be a political nightmare for them - they just can't win either way.

There was a point last year (I think, can't find the news articles/posts now) where NXC stopped running to one of the estates in Coventry, as the buses were getting attacked and one of them had someone attack the driver trying to rob him.

Similar incidents found via Google which all seem to have happened in the last month:

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/19627196.bus-service-suspended-vandalism-attacks-holme-wood/
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/vital-lanarkshire-village-bus-service-25055698
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/lothian-buses-services-halted-again-after-vandals-smash-windows-3397070
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/bus-driver-being-shot-bb-21636042

NX should pull services from the area at that time of the night to prompt the authorities to do something about it.

Michael Bevan

3304 is on the 51S this afternoon. It also passed 3302 in Birmingham City Centre which was waiting to operate an X51 in Birmingham.

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on October 12, 2021, 04:49:15 PM
3304 is on the 51S this afternoon. It also passed 3302 in Birmingham City Centre which was waiting to operate an X51 in Birmingham.

3305 hasn't come out this afternoon

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on October 12, 2021, 01:38:07 PM
Appreciate YOU may not get what the comment was about, though I'm sure @Westy will as it was aimed at him, given we both know the area and the build up of posts prior.

You wouldn't exactly say the 51 is a posh route either, though I doubt it suffers the same amount of vandalism and broken windows as the Track routes do (that's what the comment was actually about).

Must admit, in 'normal ' times, it would be rare for me to catch a 51 anyway, preferring the X51.

I've got the last week in October off, so I want to go to Brum for the first time in ages!

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on October 12, 2021, 05:36:10 PM
3305 hasn't come out this afternoon

I know @Tony. Saw it at The Broadway earlier heading to West Bromwich for it's MOT.

Michael Bevan

3305 on the 51S this afternoon meaning 4/5 are out today (with 3302-04 being on the 77 this afternoon too).

888DUK

What happened to them being allocated to the 7?

Trident 4194

Quote from: 888DUK on October 13, 2021, 06:54:45 PM
What happened to them being allocated to the 7?

They mixed up 7 with 77. Easy mistake to make

PB2938

Streedecks are now allocated to 77.

The 7 is Interwork now with 10 boards.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Westy

29 on diversion again, due to the local yobs.

Difference this time, it's now been picked up by the local newspaper Facebook pages.

I love Walsall buses

2125 the unfortunate victim
4463 has replaced it

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 20, 2021, 10:02:17 PM
2125 the unfortunate victim
4463 has replaced it

Unlucky vehicle, as it's not long come back after being injured in the early pandemic!

Michael Bevan

1761 is spending it's last day in service on the 29 today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk