News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

It appears Walsall maybe abit short of single deckers with platinums on the 31/32 and other double deckers getting on single decker routes with also 2097 being joined from Pensnett for the day and now also 2133 off the road with a smashed window how many single deckers at walsall are currently off the road

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 05, 2021, 06:28:22 PM
It appears Walsall maybe abit short of single deckers with platinums on the 31/32 and other double deckers getting on single decker routes with also 2097 being joined from Pensnett for the day and now also 2133 off the road with a smashed window how many single deckers at walsall are currently off the road

Looking at bustimes.org, not surprised to notice 2133 got copped in the usual Coalpool area!

Years ago the old 319 route (now the 19) used to get affected, as at one point it was routed via Beddows Road, which is part of a notorious area.

(You used to have Shakespeare Crescent not very far away in Harden as another dodgy area!)

Is Nx looking at that area, along with Underhill in Wolverhampton?

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on October 05, 2021, 10:07:33 PM
Looking at bustimes.org, not surprised to notice 2133 got copped in the usual Coalpool area!

Years ago the old 319 route (now the 19) used to get affected, as at one point it was routed via Beddows Road, which is part of a notorious area.

(You used to have Shakespeare Crescent not very far away in Harden as another dodgy area!)

Problem is in that area in coalpool and harden is that theres alot passenger which get off and to get on to blakenall/bloxwich get to walsall also with Morning school kids all heading to Walsall it is absolutely rammed along with school kids in the afternoon all getting off in the coalpool/harden area and theres only about 3 or 4 who actually go straight through to blakenall so i would of thought this section of the route is a key income for the 29 service

ellspurs

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 05, 2021, 11:38:32 PM
Problem is in that area in coalpool and harden is that theres alot passenger which get off and to get on to blakenall/bloxwich get to walsall also with Morning school kids all heading to Walsall it is absolutely rammed along with school kids in the afternoon all getting off in the coalpool/harden area and theres only about 3 or 4 who actually go straight through to blakenall so i would of thought this section of the route is a key income for the 29 service

They'll be getting a lot less income if the buses are continually having their windows break however.

If the windows are continually being broken in an area and noone seems to be doing much about it, then NX should just refuse to serve the area until the police or the parents sort it out. They stopped serving an estate in Coventry on the 13 (might've been the 8 - I just remember it was the lovely estate north of Bell Green) because of anti-social behaviour until it got sorted out.

Westy

Looks like the 41 has the pleasure of 3302 this morning, as I've just seen it parked up in Walsall Bus Station!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on October 06, 2021, 06:57:02 AM
Looks like the 41 has the pleasure of 3302 this morning, as I've just seen it parked up in Walsall Bus Station!
Joined by 3303 aswell

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on October 05, 2021, 10:07:33 PM

The (3)19 has had a number of route changes over the years from its original route, primarily due to vandalism. It doesn't actually serve the traditional Goscote area as it bypasses the bottom end of Goscote Lane, choosing Harden Road, Walker Road then covers the top end of Goscote Lane and back through Blakenall as its original line of route. Granted, much of the old Goscote estate has been knocked down over time that stopped some of the vandalism and facilitated the route change. The whole Coalpool/Harden/Goscote/Blakenall area has suffered from vandalism ever since I've been boy growing up in that area, but the issue is more political.

Bus companies can change routes as they see fit, but the issues are more complex. The cost of windows is far out-weighed by the revenue generated from these less affluent areas (though this doesn't justify such damage), the area absolutely NEEDS a bus service being less affluent, and I'm sure the usual politicals would wade in if the routes were curtailed for any reason.

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on October 06, 2021, 09:41:36 AM
The (3)19 has had a number of route changes over the years from its original route, primarily due to vandalism. It doesn't actually serve the traditional Goscote area as it bypasses the bottom end of Goscote Lane, choosing Harden Road, Walker Road then covers the top end of Goscote Lane and back through Blakenall as its original line of route. Granted, much of the old Goscote estate has been knocked down over time that stopped some of the vandalism and facilitated the route change. The whole Coalpool/Harden/Goscote/Blakenall area has suffered from vandalism ever since I've been boy growing up in that area, but the issue is more political.

Bus companies can change routes as they see fit, but the issues are more complex. The cost of windows is far out-weighed by the revenue generated from these less affluent areas (though this doesn't justify such damage), the area absolutely NEEDS a bus service being less affluent, and I'm sure the usual politicals would wade in if the routes were curtailed for any reason.

Tony will probably have his opinion on this, but why not put the soon to be withdrawn buses on this route?

There must be some real knackers in the fleet, that might not fetch much, or only suitable for scrap!

Quote from: Westy on October 06, 2021, 09:53:04 AM
Tony will probably have his opinion on this, but why not put the soon to be withdrawn buses on this route?

There must be some real knackers in the fleet, that might not fetch much, or only suitable for scrap!
It might not need to be fully double deckers as well and most of the older buses are.
If its allocated Omnilinks they are the oldest single decks in the fleet anyway, with most  17XX gone.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on October 06, 2021, 09:53:04 AM

I cannot see any advantage at all, you still have to pay for replacement glass, glass for newer buses is normally easier to obtain

Kevin

Quote from: PB2938 on October 04, 2021, 06:34:43 PM
1756 WA - Withdrawn
4569 YW - WA

Only 4 B7RLE mk1 left 1761 1767 1770 1772

Given the Mk1 B7RLEs are on their way out, anyone know if they'll survive til at least Saturday? Will have to get myself one last ride
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Tony on October 06, 2021, 11:00:22 AM
I cannot see any advantage at all, you still have to pay for replacement glass, glass for newer buses is normally easier to obtain

How long does it take to fix a window then?

A day?

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Kevin on October 06, 2021, 12:37:50 PM
Given the Mk1 B7RLEs are on their way out, anyone know if they'll survive til at least Saturday? Will have to get myself one last ride
Well there is only 2 left 1761 and 1767 i would of thought they will due to walsall struggles with single deckers at the minute but at the minute only 1767 is out today on the 29

ellspurs

Quote from: Westy on October 06, 2021, 02:33:06 PM

A day?

Depends if the glass place has the glass in stock, and whether they have anyone available to go fit it.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on October 06, 2021, 02:33:06 PM

A day?

Gasket windows about 30 minutes, bonded ones a bit longer removing the old bonding and waiting for the new to set

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk