News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Quote from: Michael Bevan on September 28, 2021, 07:33:39 PM
@Wumpty I've noticed they can usually be found on WA7 or WA77. They also seem to creep onto WA6, WA10, WA37, WA41 and WA51 (afternoon 51S school working) occasionally. Then every so often one will creep onto a City Platinum route (usually as a change bus or off an afternoon school working).

@Tony keeps us well informed on their locations and useage and it's great to get additional eyes on their moves too, so thanks Michael. I'm really pleased that these are now coming into their own. Much of bus travel is psychology, with perceived "new" buses (like these 5 year old Streetdecks and the Scania Omnis on the WA-WN9) creating a sense of further investment and refreshing the public's perception of bus travel.

Some of the average travelling public may even notice the same bodies on these and the Hydrogen buses which may further whet their appetite for things to come.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

3304 passed an MoT today, couple of things still to do, but will hopefully be in service for the first time since transfer to Walsall later this week

windy miller

I notice that the new Hydrogen series all appear to have no clearly
  visible fleet numbers ?  at least not in the usual positions?  is there a
  any particular reason ?   thanks.
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

CL

Quote from: windy miller on September 29, 2021, 11:39:29 PM
Haven't been applied yet, presumably
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on September 29, 2021, 11:39:29 PM

They will be applied when the rest of the livery & branding is applied

Gareth

Noticed a WA platinum with a cheeky little West Midlands Travel sticker by its fare sticker in near side window. 😃

ellspurs

Quote from: Tony on September 30, 2021, 08:11:02 AM
They will be applied when the rest of the livery & branding is applied

Is the plan for them to go into service this year or have recent events complicated things?

(or was it to have it ready for the Commonwealth games)

Tony

Quote from: ellspurs on September 30, 2021, 04:38:03 PM
Is the plan for them to go into service this year or have recent events complicated things?

(or was it to have it ready for the Commonwealth games)

Still looking at November at the moment

Tony

3304 has made its Walsall debut tonight. It is out on the 7, but not tracking, so computer spotters haven't noticed. I hope the young lad photographing in Walsall in the rain gets a photo

37351ml

Can anyone confirm why 4860 left 7 minutes early on todays 00.27 51 from Walsall leaving myself  and a few others stranded and having to fork out on a  £15 taxi fare back to scott arms. Ironically i had gone back via that  route due to another no show on the last  WB 40  @ 23.10 from wednesbury  (possibly 4738) opting instead for  a prolonged stay in wednesbury spoons and then catching the 11 to walsall @ 00.10 which is normally a +3 for the 51.

DJ

Quote from: 37351ml on October 02, 2021, 08:43:59 AM
Can anyone confirm why 4860 left 7 minutes early on todays 00.27 51 from Walsall leaving myself  and a few others stranded and having to fork out on a  £15 taxi fare back to scott arms. Ironically i had gone back via that  route due to another no show on the last  WB 40  @ 23.10 from wednesbury  (possibly 4738) opting instead for  a prolonged stay in wednesbury spoons and then catching the 11 to walsall @ 00.10 which is normally a +3 for the 51.

If you have an actual complaint, get in touch with the company rather than raising it on here. They might even be able to compensate you for the taxi fare, if it did leave early.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Michael Bevan

3302 is spending a full day on City today on the X51/997. It did the 08:08 X51 from Walsall to Birmingham and has not long left Birmingham on the 09:13 997 to Walsall.

Westy

So how many Streetdecks are active now?

Is it 3 or 4?

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Westy on October 04, 2021, 09:54:58 AM
So how many Streetdecks are active now?

Is it 3 or 4?

I think it's three. 3302 and 3303 are currently out daily at the moment. I know @Tony posted about 3304 being out recently too. 3301 and 3305 have been in service at Walsall but haven't been out in some time.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Michael Bevan on October 04, 2021, 09:34:21 AM
3302 is spending a full day on City today on the X51/997. It did the 08:08 X51 from Walsall to Birmingham and has not long left Birmingham on the 09:13 997 to Walsall.

3303 is also on City this afternoon on the 51.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk