News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Out of the Streetdecks 3303 seems to be the only one creeping out into service, are the other 4 having issues?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Was on 7525 on the X20 earlier heading from University towards Birmingham City Centre and as it crossed the bus gate at George Road, there was a NXWM Hydrogen Streetdeck (H1001) waiting for 7525 to cross the bus gate at the lights on the ring road heading towards Five Ways Island.
Where is it going?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: 2206 on July 27, 2021, 03:09:23 PM
Was on 7525 on the X20 earlier heading from University towards Birmingham City Centre and as it crossed the bus gate at George Road, there was a NXWM Hydrogen Streetdeck (H1001) waiting for 7525 to cross the bus gate at the lights on the ring road heading towards Five Ways Island.
Where is it going?

According to facebook I think it was going to bham library for a promo of some discription
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Details of the first 6 '21' plate coaches at Walsall are now on the main site, these follow on from 27 '21' plate Levantes at Stanstead & Luton

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/fleetlist/coachfleet.html

winston

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2021, 04:09:30 PM
Details of the first 6 '21' plate coaches at Walsall are now on the main site, these follow on from 27 '21' plate Levantes at Stanstead & Luton

Should they not be B11RT's being tri-axle ?

How many are due in total ?

Also, what's happened to the former Igo Optare Solo's that were numbered 323-7? i.e. same fleetnumbers as new Stansted Levante 3's?

Tony

Quote from: Winston on August 07, 2021, 04:19:06 PM
Should they not be B11RT's being tri-axle ?

How many are due in total ?

Also, what's happened to the former Igo Optare Solo's that were numbered 323-7? i.e. same fleetnumbers as new Stansted Levante 3's?

The 'T' isn't on the chassis plate, it is a PSV Circle invention to indicate tri-axles.

Coaches are officiially C3xx so no clash

There's another 6 Volvos parked up awaiting allocation to an operator which will 'probably' come to Walsall

winston

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2021, 04:26:45 PM
The 'T' isn't on the chassis plate, it is a PSV Circle invention to indicate tri-axles.

Fair enough, it's just you'd got 'B11RT' down against 269-75 & 283 above

Are these 6 new coaches + potential 6 extras additions to the WA NX coach fleet?

Tony

Quote from: Winston on August 07, 2021, 04:33:55 PM
Fair enough, it's just you'd got 'B11RT' down against 269-75 & 283 above

Are these 6 new coaches + potential 6 extras additions to the WA NX coach fleet?

Some of 90-95 may be moving on to other NX operators, but they are looking at the Walsall allocation increasing up to close to 50 this year

bususer28

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2021, 04:09:30 PM

Aren't all new NX vehicles supposed to be electric, they look like the same caetano ones to me.

Tony

Quote from: bususer28 on August 07, 2021, 05:36:06 PM
Aren't all new NX vehicles supposed to be electric, they look like the same caetano ones to me.

Please tell me where you have read all new coaches are electric.

Gareth

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2021, 05:45:56 PM
Please tell me where you have read all new coaches are electric.

He's obviously referring to NXWM not buying any more diesel buses and assumed it applies to the coaching arm too. Whilst incorrect, you can see where he's coming from and why he'd think that.

Westy

I didn't think there was such a beast as an electric coach, as it wouldn't have the charge for such a long journey!

(Someone's gonna tell me I'm wrong, aren't they?)

DJ

Quote from: Westy on August 07, 2021, 10:33:47 PM
I didn't think there was such a beast as an electric coach, as it wouldn't have the charge for such a long journey!

There is the Yutong TCe12, which can do 'well in excess of 200 miles on a full charge' according to their website. I don't think there's any on the market that would be suitable for the work required for National Express though.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on August 07, 2021, 10:33:47 PM

Well there's already an electric coach service running between Dundee an Edinburgh

Trident 4194

4125 having a day between Birmingham and Cannock

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk