News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on April 22, 2021, 01:18:41 PM
Would a 937 extension to Cannock work? Maybe combine it with the 3 under an agreement with D&G! The 3 between Brownhills and Cannock seems rather pointless. Obviously just an idea of course. Regarding a Cheslyn Hay to Walsall link, maybe an extension to one of the Blocwich-Walsall services 🤔
How is the 3 pointless? 

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Pat on April 22, 2021, 03:52:18 PM
How is the 3 pointless?
The 3 has the potential to be manifested into something alot bigger! At the moment it doesn't have a great deal of purpose. NX made the X51 work so they could potentially make a 937 to Cannock work! Another birmingham bus to the designer outlet too!

Tony

Quote from: BusMan Greg on April 22, 2021, 08:19:10 PM
The 3 has the potential to be manifested into something alot bigger! At the moment it doesn't have a great deal of purpose. NX made the X51 work so they could potentially make a 937 to Cannock work! Another birmingham bus to the designer outlet too!

When I knew the figures for Cannock depot in 2000 what is now the 3 was Cannock's most profitable route after the Pye Greens, to say it doesn't have a great deal of purpose is a very incorrect statement. There's a lot of potential bus passengers in Norton Canes and Heath Hayes (including me)

Westy

Quote from: Tony on April 22, 2021, 09:01:20 PM
When I knew the figures for Cannock depot in 2000 what is now the 3 was Cannock's most profitable route after the Pye Greens, to say it doesn't have a great deal of purpose is a very incorrect statement. There's a lot of potential bus passengers in Norton Canes and Heath Hayes (including me)

Based on your answer, it's a shame the routes in that area kept being messed around!

(For the record, I had an aunt & uncle who used to live in Norton East Road!)

Wonder where we would be if the 'original ' Chaserider hadn't happened in 1980?

Bob

Theyre not being served very well at the moment. Maybe D & G plan to run to Walsall again who knows....

BusMan Greg

I go back on my comment regarding it's importance as a route. However, with the right investment I think the 3 and many other routes in the area have got potnetial.

Tony

3303 is out on the 7 today. First one at Walsall not on a school board

Westy

Quote from: Tony on April 24, 2021, 12:27:53 PM
3303 is out on the 7 today. First one at Walsall not on a school board

Bugger.

Only saw the Platinum on the 7 when I was passing through an hour ago!

Edit - Seeing the note on 'Noteworthy Workings', couldn't we class it as a 'debut appearance' at least?

I love Walsall buses

Just got off 1753 on the 29 and the passenger at the stop before didn't have a face mask and as i was ready to get off i could see the driver clicking a button saying NO FACE COVERING anyone know what this does

Tony

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on April 29, 2021, 04:08:56 PM
Just got off 1753 on the 29 and the passenger at the stop before didn't have a face mask and as i was ready to get off i could see the driver clicking a button saying NO FACE COVERING anyone know what this does

Records passengers without face masks

Pat

Quote from: Tony on April 29, 2021, 04:23:55 PM
Records passengers without face masks
But realistically, what can NX do with that information?  All they will have is a number of people not wearing face masks.  How do drivers know that those not wearing are exempt? (They may choose not to wear identification for personal reasons)

Tony

Quote from: Pat on April 29, 2021, 04:29:05 PM
But realistically, what can NX do with that information?  All they will have is a number of people not wearing face masks.  How do drivers know that those not wearing are exempt? (They may choose not to wear identification for personal reasons)

It gives the safer travel police an idea of the best locations to visit, the same as the smokers button and the fare discrepancy button do.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Tony on April 29, 2021, 05:50:44 PM
It gives the safer travel police an idea of the best locations to visit, the same as the smokers button and the fare discrepancy button do.

Thanks for that Tony

Bob

Driver on the X51 this afternoon told another passenger NX have got a service between walsall and cannock via cheslyn hay planned and itd be an extension of a 31 or 32 but he wasnt sure which....

Tony

Quote from: Bob on April 29, 2021, 08:24:35 PM
Driver on the X51 this afternoon told another passenger NX have got a service between walsall and cannock via cheslyn hay planned and itd be an extension of a 31 or 32 but he wasnt sure which....

????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk