News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 22, 2021, 12:19:16 PM
Why didn't you just tell him it was PN that did it ? There was no need for that

Because he knows it is PN that operate it, he has posted about it enough times.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 22, 2021, 12:19:16 PM
Why didn't you just tell him it was PN that did it ? There was no need for that

People lick admins arses because they are scared to be kicked off despite  their attitude, no manners at all. Change it or we will all leave.

Adios then! Winston
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

Notice the X51 new timetable now available on the website.

Do we have a breakdown of the exact route available?

Does the service serve Cannock Sainsburys in both directions,  as it's one way in that area?

The Fox 4846

Not only is the X51 being amended but the 997 is changing to every 20 mins to walsall, alternate 20 mins to Deers Leap. Hopefully this means the end of the interworking with the 997 shorts alternating with the Walsall's to get drivers to relief. Should help improve reliability and I wonder if it will grow patronage on the full section.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Jack

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on March 10, 2021, 12:18:13 AM
Not only is the X51 being amended but the 997 is changing to every 20 mins to walsall, alternate 20 mins to Deers Leap. Hopefully this means the end of the interworking with the 997 shorts alternating with the Walsall's to get drivers to relief. Should help improve reliability and I wonder if it will grow patronage on the full section.
About time the full 997 goes to every 20 minutes.

Westy

Just had a look at the Sunday early timetable for the X51 & compared it with the same early journeys for the 31 on Sundays.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems possible to get from Bloxwich to Brum as early as 730am, changing at Walsall from a Diamond 31 to an Nx X51, with a few minutes gap.

Are those Diamond journeys tendered?

If so, how is the patronage from Mossley on those journeys, because I'm thinking, next time those journeys come up, whether NX might be with a chance of getting those journeys instead & linking those journeys to those first few X51 journeys, as I believe it was said in the past along the lines of tenders could be won, if it was easy to add those tendered journeys to the front of commercial journeys?

Anyone willing to have a look & see what they think?

(I'm assuming the 31 & 32 are still on the January 2021 timetables, as they haven't changed since!)

Tony

Quote from: Westy on March 11, 2021, 05:22:31 PM
Just had a look at the Sunday early timetable for the X51 & compared it with the same early journeys for the 31 on Sundays.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems possible to get from Bloxwich to Brum as early as 730am, changing at Walsall from a Diamond 31 to an Nx X51, with a few minutes gap.

Are those Diamond journeys tendered?

If so, how is the patronage from Mossley on those journeys, because I'm thinking, next time those journeys come up, whether NX might be with a chance of getting those journeys instead & linking those journeys to those first few X51 journeys, as I believe it was said in the past along the lines of tenders could be won, if it was easy to add those tendered journeys to the front of commercial journeys?

Anyone willing to have a look & see what they think?

(I'm assuming the 31 & 32 are still on the January 2021 timetables, as they haven't changed since!)

No Journies on the 31/32 of either operator are tendered.

It is a joint timetable between the two operators fully commercial and done to be the most efficient for both operators

Stu

Confirmation of revised X51 between Bloxwich and Cannock:
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/service-997-x51-and-x529-changes

QuoteThe route in Bloxwich will serve Bloxwich Road, Bloxwich High Street, Wolverhampton Road, Broad Lane, Turnberry Road and Stafford Road.
Between Walsall Road (A5 junction) and Cannock, buses will serve Voyager Drive and Orbital Way (for the Orbital Retail Park), Eastern Way and Lichfield Road.
The X51 will no longer serve the A5, Delta Way or Walsall Road directly.

I'm not familiar with the area, I presume there will be stops on Lichfield Road for access to the new designer outlet park.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on March 12, 2021, 01:54:09 PM
Confirmation of revised X51 between Bloxwich and Cannock:
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/service-997-x51-and-x529-changes

I'm not familiar with the area, I presume there will be stops on Lichfield Road for access to the new designer outlet park.

There's already bus stops on Lichfield Road, but once the designer village is open buses will go into the actual village

Bob

Quote from: Tony on March 12, 2021, 02:05:49 PM
There's already bus stops on Lichfield Road, but once the designer village is open buses will go into the actual village

Wonder if itll improve patronage. Hopefully

Westy

They've started to update the timetable posters along the route now.

(Well the West Midlands bit at least.  Don't know about the Staffs bit, as the person who would know is no longer with us!)

The Fox 4846

How come the Walsall 7/7A are booked platinum? As for the last 4 days the 4 day boards have all been platinum spec vehicles.

Tony

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on March 19, 2021, 12:51:13 PM
How come the Walsall 7/7A are booked platinum? As for the last 4 days the 4 day boards have all been platinum spec vehicles.

So what should the spare platinums be doing then?

The Fox 4846

I would've thought they would be best suited to the city's such as the 51 board that does the 997 evening shorts or even instead of tridents on city's. I have no problem I just thought it odd that all 4 boards are regularly booked all platinum when there are tridents and enviros on the city's all the time. And also I'm not intending to start an argument however I just asked a question based on an observation there is no need to imply attitude with belittling questions as you could have just said there is enough spare to cover for instance.

Trident 4194

I think 4125 was on 51 according to bus times today

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk