News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Westy on February 19, 2021, 08:25:56 PM
Looks like the equivalent of those later journeys that ran from Walsall to Brum & back(wasn't the service out as late as half 10 / 11pm?)
All the current short journeys aren't shown on that timetable. If they are all going, I wander if they will have enough spare platinums to make the 51 platinum?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Looks like the equivalent of those later journeys that ran from Walsall to Brum & back(wasn't the service out as late as half 10 / 11pm?) have gone, but it looks like the old 2e journeys have mostly been replaced.

Presumably the likes of the 8am from Walsall to Cannock on Sunday are mainly for the employees to get there, again with the 1853 back from Cannock?

Also note the service also serves the Orbital Retail Park as well!

It's also nice to see that the tendered Service 31 journeys that Diamond run on Sunday mornings don't appear to be affected either.

That is only the Cannock service. The X51 isn't going down to every 30 minutes between Birmingham & Walsall

l.murphy123

Also note the service also serves the Orbital Retail Park as well!

Yeah interesting it will be doing that as Arriva ran a circular service round the orbital and apparently it wasn't well used. Probably just OAPs doing their shopping. Certainly useful though!
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Cheese

Quote from: l.murphy123 on February 19, 2021, 08:42:05 PM
Yeah interesting it will be doing that as Arriva ran a circular service round the orbital and apparently it wasn't well used. Probably just OAPs doing their shopping. Certainly useful though!

That was run using S106 funding from Kingswood Lakeside, without the funding the service would likely not have operated past there. Or at all probably.

Westy

Quote from: Cheese on February 19, 2021, 09:05:38 PM
That was run using S106 funding from Kingswood Lakeside, without the funding the service would likely not have operated past there. Or at all probably.

From memory, as I don't go that way very often, doesn't serving the Retail Park mean a massive diversion from the 'main road'/nearest main bus route?

It was a one way system in & out ISTR.

We're not talking a 5 minute diversion in & out on the Walsall to Beechdale service, to serve their Sainsburys & adjecent retail park are we?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on February 19, 2021, 09:43:54 PM
From memory, as I don't go that way very often, doesn't serving the Retail Park mean a massive diversion from the 'main road'/nearest main bus route?

It was a one way system in & out ISTR.

We're not talking a 5 minute diversion in & out on the Walsall to Beechdale service, to serve their Sainsburys & adjecent retail park are we?
It probably adds 2 minutes maximum to the journey

BusMan Greg

Quote from: l.murphy123 on February 19, 2021, 08:42:05 PM
The 19 & 20 yes! Ran from 2015-2016, it served the Bevan Lee estate (No longer served) which was previously served by the 62! It also replaced the short lived service 34 (32 replacement) if my memory is correct!

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on February 19, 2021, 06:24:35 PM
I'd say the 70 (D&G) has a chance of being cut back to the Scotlands, but isn't the New cross section a contract?
Why?  Would completely put people off using the bus, as they'd have to change for an 11.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Pat on February 19, 2021, 10:24:15 PM
Why?  Would completely put people off using the bus, as they'd have to change for an 11.
They did the same for the 3!

Tony

Quote from: BusMan Greg on February 19, 2021, 10:51:44 PM

The 3 was completely different, virtually no through passengers on it

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on February 19, 2021, 10:51:44 PM
But you've got plenty services/shops in Brownhills for people to travel to, whereas there's practically nothing in The Scotlands.

Just because they've done it for one route, doesn't mean they have to to it for all routes.  There's so much more than just looking at a route map and choosing somewhere random to curtail to.

the trainbasher

Brownhills is a natural turning point as opposed to the Scotlands.

It's like when the 3 was the 289 and NX cut it at Old Hill. To me, the natural turning point would have been Cradley or Rowley Hospital but had it done the latter it would have left half of Brickhouse Farm unserved and the former would have required a extra bus.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

How much of a walk is the section of the X51 route from both Walsall Road & Cheslyn Hay & parts of Landywood, assuming there will be no change to the X51, as it goes 'down the middle' anyway, into Hilton Lane(I think?) ?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Westy on February 20, 2021, 04:56:11 PM
How much of a walk is the section of the X51 route from both Walsall Road & Cheslyn Hay & parts of Landywood, assuming there will be no change to the X51, as it goes 'down the middle' anyway, into Hilton Lane(I think?) ?

About 10 mins from top of Cheslyn Hay, Upper Landywood about the same worst case, relatively central though.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Trident 4194

Didn't know WA did the 4H on a Sunday???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk