News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on February 18, 2021, 11:12:27 PM
Will the X51 be rerouted via Turnberry Estate to provide a replacement service?

I've heard that it will be, but I don't think it's been confirmed by NX as of yet.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on February 18, 2021, 11:12:27 PM
Will the X51 be rerouted via Turnberry Estate to provide a replacement service?

Yes

Westy

Apart from Cheslyn Hay to Walsall & my bit of Leamore, no need for the 2 to come back!

Sorry Chaserider,  brave try!

l.murphy123

Quote from: Tony on February 19, 2021, 06:06:10 AM
Yes

Woah that will add journey time. Will the X51 run later in evenings? Any changes to the route elsewhere? When will the timetables be posted? Sorry for all the questions!
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Westy on February 19, 2021, 10:53:21 AM
Apart from Cheslyn Hay to Walsall & my bit of Leamore, no need for the 2 to come back!

Sorry Chaserider,  brave try!
I'd say the 70 (D&G) has a chance of being cut back to the Scotlands, but isn't the New cross section a contract?

Westy

Quote from: BusMan Greg on February 19, 2021, 06:24:35 PM
I'd say the 70 (D&G) has a chance of being cut back to the Scotlands, but isn't the New cross section a contract?

Is there anything of note at The Scotlands?

The WN 11 stops there doesn't it?

Tony

Quote from: BusMan Greg on February 19, 2021, 06:24:35 PM

Having caught the 70 home a few times, and driven it in the past I would say not. The vast majority of its trade seems to be Wolverhampton to Featherstone, without that the route would be completely useless

Tony

X51 timetable attached

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Tony on February 19, 2021, 06:57:28 PM
Having caught the 70 home a few times, and driven it in the past I would say not. The vast majority of its trade seems to be Wolverhampton to Featherstone, without that the route would be completely useless
I would have thought Canock to Featherstone is the been better section, but since New cross has been added I'm not so sure

Tony

Quote from: BusMan Greg on February 19, 2021, 07:00:12 PM
I would have thought Canock to Featherstone is the been better section, but since New cross has been added I'm not so sure

No, Featherstone people tend to head to Wolverhampton, far more there than Cannock at the moment

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Tony on February 19, 2021, 07:03:13 PM
No, Featherstone people tend to head to Wolverhampton, far more there than Cannock at the moment
The people of Featherstone have always relied on the 70 as it's the most direct bus link to Wolverhampton! I think that was partly why the 154 didn't last.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Tony on February 19, 2021, 06:58:01 PM
X51 timetable attached

Thanks have you got a route map? Unfortunate it won't be every 20 mins week days but cant complain at every half hour Sundays
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Tony

The Fox 4846

Will the X51 shorts still run? And will the interworking with the 997 change?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Westy

Looks like the equivalent of those later journeys that ran from Walsall to Brum & back(wasn't the service out as late as half 10 / 11pm?) have gone, but it looks like the old 2e journeys have mostly been replaced.

Presumably the likes of the 8am from Walsall to Cannock on Sunday are mainly for the employees to get there, again with the 1853 back from Cannock?

Also note the service also serves the Orbital Retail Park as well!

It's also nice to see that the tendered Service 31 journeys that Diamond run on Sunday mornings don't appear to be affected either.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk