News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on July 08, 2020, 05:59:25 PM
My point being, the driver would have no reason to check the NWM website on their first trip, as they would be following their diversion sheet which they believe to be correct at the time of leaving the start point.
Yes, they can always radio through and most do.  I had this happen on a 79 once where other buses were continuing to use the diversion, but my bus went along the normal line of route without problem.  A message was then relayed over the radio by the controller for all vehicles to continue normal line of route.

Well maybe from now on this should be the second port of call for both the drivers and people how draw up the diversion sheets?

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 08, 2020, 05:57:57 PM
Well how do you explain the case from @WyreForestShuttle  then? If he was standing  at a bus stop on Coombes Wood and saw two or however may 4H going to Walsall, surely one must have been a duplicate or running late/early.
No need to pursue this @Bus Man K2 I have had to do a Conference Call in the course of my work with a senior member of West Midlands Travel Limited management today who has confirmed back to me I was correct. @Tony has more important things to do than worry about my 4H's.

Tony

Well how do you explain the case from @WyreForestShuttle  then? If he was standing  at a bus stop on Coombes Wood and saw two or however may 4H going to Walsall, surely one must have been a duplicate or running late/early.

Probably one of the X8s he 'didn't see' that did run in Blackheath.

Walsall garage also only were using Single decks as their dynamic spares as they haven't enough double decks for all the boards they want to use them on.

I can tell you where every Red/White trident was at that time, and two were running close to each other, but as I said one had come from Merry Hill and the other from Hayley Green. What I don't know is what was on the front.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2020, 06:05:16 PM
Probably one of the X8s he 'didn't see' that did run in Blackheath.

Walsall garage also only were using Single decks as their dynamic spares as they haven't enough double decks for all the boards they want to use them on.

I can tell you where every Red/White trident was at that time, and two were running close to each other, but as I said one had come from Merry Hill and the other from Hayley Green. What I don't know is what was on the front.

Now there's no need to bring up the X8 feasco again. The thing is though is that if he didn't see the X8 in Blackheath and then came across it later on along the route then surely that one would be running early so he's right to moan but maybe not to carry it on. Or for that matter anyway else.As I'm getting board of going over old stuff.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 08, 2020, 06:03:39 PM
Well maybe from now on this should be the second port of call for both the drivers and people how draw up the diversion sheets?

NXWM draw up their diversions from information provided from the people who are actually doing the roadworks.

For anyone to impose temporary traffic management they have to apply to the council to do so, and one of the conditions on the application form is that they notify bus companies. So National Express get a copy of this form (as do other bus companies affected).

Most of the councils do provided the information as well, but it is quite often roadworks are actioned on different days to what is applied for.
Birmingham Council are actually very good at asking if bus companies object to roadworks before granting permission. Obviously emergency roadworks like burst pipes are a different matter.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 08, 2020, 06:11:31 PM
Now there's no need to bring up the X8 feasco again. The thing is though is that if he didn't see the X8 in Blackheath and then came across it later on along the route then surely that one would be running early so he's right to moan but maybe not to carry it on. Or for that matter anyway else.As I'm getting board of going over old stuff.

Same as I am with your posts, blaming people for things without knowing facts

MW

With respect, WyreForestShuttle's stories have time and time again proved to be fabricated, whether it's sightings of Diamond vehicles or NXWM vehicles. This is in reference to not only this occasion, but his sightings of a Coventry bus on the Birmingham 8A/8C, and his lies about X8's missing in the past. I also refer to his nonsense comments many months ago about what was running on the Diamond 4H, which was proven wrong by me.

As far as I'm concerned, anything he says has no credibility, whether it is on this forum or the RailForum (he has been called out on there too).

Perhaps we should ignore his sightings on what's late and what's not in future?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2020, 06:12:50 PM
NXWM draw up their diversions from information provided from the people who are actually doing the roadworks.

For anyone to impose temporary traffic management they have to apply to the council to do so, and one of the conditions on the application form is that they notify bus companies. So National Express get a copy of this form (as do other bus companies affected).

Most of the councils do provided the information as well, but it is quite often roadworks are actioned on different days to what is applied for.
Birmingham Council are actually very good at asking if bus companies object to roadworks before granting permission. Obviously emergency roadworks like burst pipes are a different matter.

Well obviously the Powke Lane divertion went un detected!! So surely they should make sure the sheet is correct before handing it out?

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 08, 2020, 04:44:35 PM
Well  again maybe the Council didn't inform WMN and that's why there were no notices up on the bus stops.

They were informed. They have known since the 5th June
06/07/2020   23/08/2020         Powke Lane, Rowley Regis   Gas Works   3, 4M, 24   Operational Order Live   Yes   05/06/2020

Bus Man K2

Quote from: MW on July 08, 2020, 06:14:04 PM
With respect, WyreForestShuttle's stories have time and time again proved to be fabricated, whether it's sightings of Diamond vehicles or NXWM vehicles. This is in reference to not only this occasion, but his sightings of a Coventry bus on the Birmingham 8A/8C, and his lies about X8's missing in the past. I also refer to his nonsense comments many months ago about what was running on the Diamond 4H, which was proven wrong by me.

As far as I'm concerned, anything he says has no credibility, whether it is on this forum or the RailForum (he has been called out on there too).

I know he can go on, but with some things he can be correct. yes I grant you some could seem a little out there, but shouldn't everyone take everything with a 'pinch of salt' however is commenting until it's backed up. By all means if  things are wrong then pick up on it but then don't respond any further if they don't believe it.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2020, 06:22:12 PM
They were informed. They have known since the 5th June
06/07/2020   23/08/2020         Powke Lane, Rowley Regis   Gas Works   3, 4M, 24   Operational Order Live   Yes   05/06/2020

If that's the case then OK. However as all TFWM staff are working from home until further notice we can't moan at them for not informing passengers. Also the case is they are all working from home and also are not sending any information to contractors as they too aren't working. so to be honest this problem seems to have died the death.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: MW on July 08, 2020, 06:14:04 PM

@MW the Travel Coventry Trident was on loan to BC at the time which was operating a 8E School Duplicate which I used. I never noticed the 226 branding on the Streetlites which I fully accepted on the 4H which competes with NXWM 4H from WA. As for Railforums I was pleased to put the record straight about comments about  Midland Red West Limited , First Midland Red Buses Limited & Diamond Bus Limited from posters who obviously never used the companies. As they used to say on Channel 4's NETWORK 7 - Fact is stranger than fiction judge for yourself what is the truth @MW !

Pat

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 08, 2020, 06:27:28 PM
@MW the Travel Coventry Trident was on loan to BC at the time which was operating a 8E School Duplicate which I used. I never noticed the 226 branding on the Streetlites which I fully accepted on the 4H. As for Railforums I was pleased to put the record straight about comments about  Midland Red West Limited , First Midland Red Buses Limited & Diamond Bus Limited from posters who obviously never used the companies. As they used to say on Channel 4's NETWORK 7 - Fact is stranger than fiction judge for yourself what is the truth @MW !
I'd argue against the comments made on RailForums.  You can't prove that those posters have never used Diamond.  You obviously have an extremely biased outlook on Diamond, and argue that they can do no wrong and are superior to NX.  Surely as a TfWM insider, you know about all the AQPS regulations (that your authority drew up) that Diamond are breaking, yet refused to even acknowledge the extremely obvious fact that they were running vehicles around in previous operator livery.

Moderators, please excuse this off topic post.  I'm not going to say any more on the matter.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Pat on July 08, 2020, 06:45:01 PM
I'd argue against the comments made on RailForums.  You can't prove that those posters have never used Diamond.  You obviously have an extremely biased outlook on Diamond, and argue that they can do no wrong and are superior to NX.  Surely as a TfWM insider, you know about all the AQPS regulations (that your authority drew up) that Diamond are breaking, yet refused to even acknowledge the extremely obvious fact that they were running vehicles around in previous operator livery.

Moderators, please excuse this off topic post.  I'm not going to say any more on the matter.
@Pat I have never worked for or have any direct connection with TfWM & have no insider knowledge of the organisation.As @WyreForestShuttle I have constantly praised National Express West Midlands for the excellent service they operate throughout the West Midlands especially on the 4H operated by WA on this forum & led the criticism of Diamond Bus over its withdrawal of the 303 & the company posting timetables and removing them subsequently and the company's position on Government support.

Jack

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 08, 2020, 06:22:48 PM
I know he can go on, but with some things he can be correct. yes I grant you some could seem a little out there, but shouldn't everyone take everything with a 'pinch of salt' however is commenting until it's backed up. By all means if  things are wrong then pick up on it but then don't respond any further if they don't believe it.
You are just as bad! You are going on and on and its boring people... just like Blackheath Billy...

I already pointed out it was a 4M and 4H and Tony proved that one was from Hayley Green and the other from Mezza... and the Powke Lane roadworks have been advertised on the website for weeks, not NX though, for some reason they only put on longstanding closures/diversions...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk