News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: WB Driver on July 08, 2020, 02:39:46 PM
It's not a big problem but I do most route operated from WB and also Private hires and it gets confusing when you look on the sheet to see when their may be diversions coming up and then find they already started. There's been several occasions on WB route were Roadworks have sprung up that the company didn't know about because of a missed email or Roadworks have been scheduled but never happen. I apologise for being harsh on NMW.

As I said earlier most of the diversions are done by Council althority and not WMN. Although there are some times wehe it is down to WMN.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 08, 2020, 12:14:42 PM
I understand where you're coming from @Pat  but to start arguing about it, it seam a bit silly doesn't it?

Arguing isn't going to solve anything so as I've said before in above posts. one of the things will be correct and also the council isn't always fast at getting the correct I for to the right placed.
I'm not arguing in the slightest.  I simply stated the importance of the diversion sheet and how the information on it needs to be correct.  Drivers can't simply look up the diversion on the NWM website, so it is vital that the information they have is correct.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on July 08, 2020, 03:56:03 PM
I'm not arguing in the slightest.  I simply stated the importance of the diversion sheet and how the information on it needs to be correct.  Drivers can't simply look up the diversion on the NWM website, so it is vital that the information they have is correct.

I understand about the  diversion sheet. But there is a way that all drivers could help. the first driver who has the divertion sheet could cross reference some of the direction against the WMN website. Then if there's something wrong on the sheet  they could screenshot the NWM site and forward it to the person how drew it up.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 08, 2020, 11:03:49 AM
Again communication between Council and operator at it's poorest. nothing to do with NWM. As this wasn't on their website either.
Operators were aware of it as there was notices on the drivers running boards, nothing informing the passengers in the shelters though.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 979 on July 08, 2020, 04:27:31 PM
Operators were aware of it as there was notices on the drivers running boards, nothing informing the passengers in the shelters though.

Well  again maybe the Council didn't inform WMN and that's why there were no notices up on the bus stops.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 08, 2020, 04:14:15 PM

I understand about the  diversion sheet. But there is a way that all drivers could help. the first driver who has the divertion sheet could cross reference some of the direction against the WMN website. Then if there's something wrong on the sheet  they could screenshot the NWM site and forward it to the person how drew it up.
But why should drivers have to do this?  They may not have the time or facilities to check over someone else's work that should have been correct in the first place.  And how would you get corrected diversion sheets out to drivers.  In the case of the 4/H/M, it would be rather difficult I'd imagine.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on July 08, 2020, 05:00:07 PM
But why should drivers have to do this?  They may not have the time or facilities to check over someone else's work that should have been correct in the first place.  And how would you get corrected diversion sheets out to drivers.  In the case of the 4/H/M, it would be rather difficult I'd imagine.

I'm with you on things that haven't been done correctly. However I recon most drivers have a smart phone that thay can just double check the route out against the sheet. I understand that they have a job to do and a timetable to stick to. However when it comes to diversions if they find it's wrong on the sheet when they cross reference it (when they have time to) then as I stated in my last post. they could screen shot it and sent it to the relevant person how deals with the sheet so when they update it with more diversion they would correct the wrong info and then the sheet would then be re distributed to the drivers on the next shift.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 08, 2020, 05:14:45 PM
I'm with you on things that haven't been done correctly. However I recon most drivers have a smart phone that thay can just double check the route out against the sheet. I understand that they have a job to do and a timetable to stick to. However when it comes to diversions if they find it's wrong on the sheet when they cross reference it (when they have time to) then as I stated in my last post. they could screen shot it and sent it to the relevant person how deals with the sheet so when they update it with more diversion they would correct the wrong info and then the sheet would then be re distributed to the drivers on the next shift.
But a driver isn't necessarily going to look at the WMN website before they start a trip.  They're still going to come across the wrong diversion on their first trip.

WyreForestShuttle

As I live about five minutes walk from Powke Lane I can confirm notices have been up for weeks the road is to be partly closed. The diversion is clearly posted on the West Midlands Network website, the diversiery route is on the Sandwell Council website & I can confirm the 4M was following  THREE 4H's yesterday morning to be frankly @Pat there is no excuse for any driver not being aware of the work being undertaken.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on July 08, 2020, 05:44:55 PM
But a driver isn't necessarily going to look at the WMN website before they start a trip.  They're still going to come across the wrong diversion on their first trip.
They may have time to. If they don't when they find out the diversion on their first trip then they could radio it through?

Tony

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 08, 2020, 05:48:13 PM
As I live about five minutes walk from Powke Lane I can confirm notices have been up for weeks the road is to be partly closed. The diversion is clearly posted on the West Midlands Network website, the diversiery route is on the Sandwell Council website & I can confirm the 4M was following  THREE 4H's yesterday morning to be frank @Pat there is no excuse for any driver not being aware of the work being undertaken.

I have been working in Walsall garage both yesterday and today and can confirm there have been no 4H duplicates operated in the morning, and none was running exceptionally early/late

Bus Man K2

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 08, 2020, 05:48:13 PM
As I live about five minutes walk from Powke Lane I can confirm notices have been up for weeks the road is to be partly closed. The diversion is clearly posted on the West Midlands Network website, the diversiery route is on the Sandwell Council website & I can confirm the 4M was following  THREE 4H's yesterday morning to be frankly @Pat there is no excuse for any driver not being aware of the work being undertaken.

Also in this case it look like the fault is NX's and not WMN or the Councils.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2020, 05:50:23 PM
I have been working in Walsall garage both yesterday and today and can confirm there have been no 4H duplicates operated in the morning, and none was running exceptionally early/late
You may have been working in Walsall garage yesterday & today @Tony but when I got the 4H on Monday morning at 7.28 I had two NXWM 4H, Diamond 4H which I boarded & a NXWM 4M in Coombes Road which I used to Sandwell Hospital which has been confirmed to me by a senior member of management of West Midlands Travel Limited. Before anyone posts I thought you went to QEHB I was going for GP Bloods.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2020, 05:50:23 PM

Well how do you explain the case from @WyreForestShuttle  then? If he was standing  at a bus stop on Coombes Wood and saw two or however may 4H going to Walsall, surely one must have been a duplicate or running late/early.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 08, 2020, 05:49:59 PM
They may have time to. If they don't when they find out the diversion on their first trip then they could radio it through?
My point being, the driver would have no reason to check the NWM website on their first trip, as they would be following their diversion sheet which they believe to be correct at the time of leaving the start point.
Yes, they can always radio through and most do.  I had this happen on a 79 once where other buses were continuing to use the diversion, but my bus went along the normal line of route without problem.  A message was then relayed over the radio by the controller for all vehicles to continue normal line of route.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk