News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

I wonder whether NX and Thandi will do a West Midlands Bus partnership on the 34 (334) and 37?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Busboy105

Quote from: l.murphy123 on March 19, 2020, 10:09:29 AM
I wonder whether NX and Thandi will do a West Midlands Bus partnership on the 34 (334) and 37?
What with Thandi's old ass Darts? No way!

WyreForestShuttle

West Midlands Police are seeking information about a passenger who allegedly spat at a NXWM 51 driver twice on Monday 6th April  at 12.30 m after being challenged about a fake ticket. The passenger allegedly shouted "Coronavirus " on leaving the vehicle. If anyone has any information on this awful assault call #101 anytime.

Tony

4 route 100% platinum today

ellspurs

Quote from: Tony on April 27, 2020, 02:22:59 PM

I did think it was weird to follow a Platinum 4M out of Merry Hill and into Cradley Heath today.

Also there was a single decker X8 on the Birmingham New Road. Didn't register in my head until I had passed it in me lorry.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Tony on April 27, 2020, 02:22:59 PM

It's quite tight along Coldmore Road when cars are parked up! Hats off to the drivers.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Tony

Quote from: l.murphy123 on April 28, 2020, 12:58:28 PM
It's quite tight along Coldmore Road when cars are parked up! Hats off to the drivers.

Platinums make it easier as they are smaller

Pat

Quote from: ellspurs on April 27, 2020, 05:33:07 PM
I did think it was weird to follow a Platinum 4M out of Merry Hill and into Cradley Heath today.

Also there was a single decker X8 on the Birmingham New Road. Didn't register in my head until I had passed it in me lorry.
Would it be viable to upgrade the 4's to Platinum or at least decker operated?  Whenever I use the 4, it is always packed with little available space.

winston

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on April 28, 2020, 01:45:32 PM
Would it be viable to upgrade the 4's to Platinum or at least decker operated?  Whenever I use the 4, it is always packed with little available space.

The 4's are a high pvr route, where do you propose spare Platinum's of double deckers in normal circumstances will come from ?

Tony

Quote from: Winston on April 28, 2020, 02:01:57 PM
The 4's are a high pvr route, where do you propose spare Platinum's of double deckers in normal circumstances will come from ?

I use the 4 quite regularly West Bromwich to Tame Bridge Station stretch and have never suffered a bus leaving people. with the frequent service from both operators single decks cope well on there. Occasionally I will choose a Diamond over NX just to get a double seat to myself, but would never have not got a seat

Pat

Quote from: Winston on April 28, 2020, 02:01:57 PM
They upgraded the 50, which has a higher PVR.
Quote from: Tony on April 28, 2020, 02:07:38 PM
I use the 4 quite regularly West Bromwich to Tame Bridge Station stretch and have never suffered a bus leaving people. with the frequent service from both operators single decks cope well on there. Occasionally I will choose a Diamond over NX just to get a double seat to myself, but would never have not got a seat
I use it in the other direction, and granted it doesn't leave people behind, but it can be a squash, especially with prams and shopping trolleys, which can make boarding and alighting more difficult.  Also, it is harder for the infirm to access seats further back as the ones at the front are always taken.

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on April 28, 2020, 02:18:43 PM
Also, it is harder for the infirm to access seats further back as the ones at the front are always taken.
Ideally people would be considerate to others and yourself and anyone else able to sat at the front should move to those seats further back then, so the infirm can take those seats at the front.
Can't see how it would be any different on a double decker - they're not going to be able to go upstairs.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: Tony on April 28, 2020, 02:07:38 PM

The Hasbury end of the 4H is never that busy either, there are too many 4H's with 7bph between NXWM & Diamond.

They upgraded the 50, which has a higher PVR

And? You're missing the point. Where are these double deckers - Platinum or standard going to come from? And where will the spare Omnilinks go when there are already too many single deckers in the fleet?

Doubt NX will be placing any new decker orders until well after the impact of all this is known.

Pat

Quote from: 2206 on April 28, 2020, 02:21:22 PM
Ideally people would be considerate to others and yourself and anyone else able to sat at the front should move to those seats further back then, so the infirm can take those seats at the front.
Can't see how it would be any different on a double decker - they're not going to be able to go upstairs.
I always give up my seat for the infirm and move, however I can't speak for everyone.  It would be easier on a decker as the distance for them to walk to available seating, which may be at the back is much shorter then on a Scania or B7.  Those who are able can sit upstairs, freeing up space on the lower decks.

Sh4318

They upgraded the 50, which has a higher PVR.I use it in the other direction, and granted it doesn't leave people behind, but it can be a squash, especially with prams and shopping trolleys, which can make boarding and alighting more difficult.  Also, it is harder for the infirm to access seats further back as the ones at the front are always taken.

The 50 is one of the busiest routes in Europe
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk