News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on February 26, 2020, 06:23:22 PM
What a load of nonsense why would they withdraw 😂

No idea. I dont know what the loadings are like in general. Arriva seem to have given up completely in Cannock though so if there was ever a time for a competitor.....

Justin Tyme

I now use the X51 twice a week, and for the past few weeks I have endured morning chaos northbound leading up to the M6 flyover.  It is down to one lane with a 20 mph speed limit.

I have tried to find out why and what is supposed to be happening, but without success so far.  Sandwell Council's website indicates an emergency closure and/or maybe some streetlight work lasting until, perhaps, either the end of March, May or June.  I haven't actually seen anything happening.

Does anyone know the details?  In the meantime, my sympathies to X51 and 51 drivers, who are having to show extra patience - and seem likely to be "rewarded" when it's over by the demolition of Perry Barr flyover!

Jack6101

Quote from: Justin Tyme on February 26, 2020, 08:36:31 PM
I now use the X51 twice a week, and for the past few weeks I have endured morning chaos northbound leading up to the M6 flyover.  It is down to one lane with a 20 mph speed limit.

I have tried to find out why and what is supposed to be happening, but without success so far.  Sandwell Council's website indicates an emergency closure and/or maybe some streetlight work lasting until, perhaps, either the end of March, May or June.  I haven't actually seen anything happening.

Does anyone know the details?  In the meantime, my sympathies to X51 and 51 drivers, who are having to show extra patience - and seem likely to be "rewarded" when it's over by the demolition of Perry Barr flyover!

It's too do with streetlight updating works don't know if they started it yet tho this website is really helpful https://one.network/custom/sandwell/
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Jack6101 on February 26, 2020, 09:51:55 PM
It's too do with streetlight updating works don't know if they started it yet tho this website is really helpful https://one.network/custom/sandwell/

Thanks for the information and link.

DJ

Does anyone know why 1754 had it's old TWM blinds? I can't imagine it was down to an error of sorts, as I don't think they had DG3s when new? Just an engineer having a play that forgot to change them back?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

l.murphy123

Quote from: StourValley98 on February 27, 2020, 01:23:42 AM
Does anyone know why 1754 had it's old TWM blinds? I can't imagine it was down to an error of sorts, as I don't think they had DG3s when new? Just an engineer having a play that forgot to change them back?

Is the 11A shorter than the 4M between Walsall and Merry Hill?? I've used the last 11 of the night from Dudley but that's nothing to go by.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Busboy105

Quote from: l.murphy123 on February 27, 2020, 01:06:58 PM
Is the 11A shorter than the 4M between Walsall and Merry Hill?? I've used the last 11 of the night from Dudley but that's nothing to go by.
Yes, definitely. The 4M takes a whole year to get to Merry Hill.

DJ

Quote from: Busboy105 on February 27, 2020, 01:18:54 PM

They both take around the same time, the 4M might be quicker depending on traffic, or the 11/11A might be. Both are long routes and pass busy motorway junctions, so delays can and do happen. I'll stick with the 11/11A though, but just because it's a few minutes walk from where I live.

l.murphy123

Thank god - the 4M should be an open top bus called the tour of the black country!
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Stu

That's a complete exaggeration. The 4M takes about an hour and half between Merry Hill and Walsall.

The 11A takes about an hour and 15 mins.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

l.murphy123

Quote from: Stu on February 27, 2020, 06:26:50 PM
That's a complete exaggeration. The 4M takes about an hour and half between Merry Hill and Walsall.

The 11A takes about an hour and 15 mins.

Im sure he wasn't suggesting it takes 8,760 hours.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Jack

Quote from: StourValley98 on February 27, 2020, 01:23:42 AM
Nothing wrong with some nostalgia! That number is a lot better and not confusing like the 11A!

DJ

Quote from: Jack on February 28, 2020, 09:13:09 AM
Nothing wrong with some nostalgia! That number is a lot better and not confusing like the 11A!

I don't really find the new system confusing, although it seems certain systems do. I was checking the times at my local stop in Tipton yesterday which is served by the 11 and 11A, and Google Maps was warning me of a diversion near Bearwood on the AG11A/11C.

Jack

Quote from: StourValley98 on February 29, 2020, 03:39:20 AM
I don't really find the new system confusing, although it seems certain systems do. I was checking the times at my local stop in Tipton yesterday which is served by the 11 and 11A, and Google Maps was warning me of a diversion near Bearwood on the AG11A/11C.
Well it wasn't confusing when it was the 11 and 13, more stupid simplification when they renumbered the Dudley services. Only re-numbered because of the 13's...

l.murphy123

NX still haven't put timetables up along the A5 in Bridgtown for the X51 (Cross Street & Walkmill Lane). One missing at Station Road (Great Wyrley) towards Brum also.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk