News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Anyone know when the January changes on Notice & Proceeding (I think?) will be available online?

I've been given an allegation about a certain route, that I want to check it's kosher!

If the allegation I've been given is correct,  I'm intrigued to know why it's happening,  considering said route already has issues anyway

l.murphy123

Quote from: Westy on November 21, 2019, 08:05:39 AM
Anyone know when the January changes on Notice & Proceeding (I think?) will be available online?

I've been given an allegation about a certain route, that I want to check it's kosher!

If the allegation I've been given is correct,  I'm intrigued to know why it's happening,  considering said route already has issues anyway

What have you heard? PM me if you'd rather not say
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

darthdc

Got a photo of 4870 today, but can't make out the second name. First name is Isabella, and the second name begins with M - looks like Mariah. Just another named bus that I've photographed in the past few days that isn't listed anywhere as having a name.

Tony

Quote from: darthdc on November 25, 2019, 06:20:21 PM
Got a photo of 4870 today, but can't make out the second name. First name is Isabella, and the second name begins with M - looks like Mariah. Just another named bus that I've photographed in the past few days that isn't listed anywhere as having a name.

That's because they have only just been named, and although I have a list of the names, I haven't a list of which buses they have been applied to

Westy

Special mention today for the 'Driver Mentor' on the Darlaston corridor.

Hearing that someone on the 39 at 0725 had left something on a 29, he offered to ring the depot for them.

Offer was declined, as the party involved was sorting it out themselves,  but it's the thought that counts!

Westy

Anyone know why the Reedswood Sainsburys bus stop is out of action until further notice?

Jack6101

Quote from: Westy on December 07, 2019, 02:06:13 PM
Anyone know why the Reedswood Sainsburys bus stop is out of action until further notice?
Quote from: Westy on December 07, 2019, 02:06:13 PM
bad potholes there
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Westy

Any reason why the 19 has to use E200's?

When Nx ran the route as the 319, prior to the North Walsall review, I used to see B7LRE's on it, & I don't recall any route changes since then, unless there's been an increase in parked cars on route since Nx last operated it.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on December 13, 2019, 05:28:39 PM
Any reason why the 19 has to use E200's?

When Nx ran the route as the 319, prior to the North Walsall review, I used to see B7LRE's on it, & I don't recall any route changes since then, unless there's been an increase in parked cars on route since Nx last operated it.

It doesn't have to. It just makes sense to. Why would you want to use anything bigger than a 37 seater on it?

l.murphy123

Just been on a single decker X51 to Cannock... that's a first
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Westy

Quote from: l.murphy123 on December 16, 2019, 05:10:00 PM

They have done so under the old Cheslyn Hay route due to bridge works in the past.

BK63 YWP

Believe it was mention that a few vehicles off the road due to contamination to diesel so will be a few unusual workings at Walsall
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

l.murphy123

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on December 18, 2019, 03:55:13 PM
Believe it was mention that a few vehicles off the road due to contamination to diesel so will be a few unusual workings at Walsall

Yes quite a few 'non platinum' buses on platinum routes in Walsall.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Bob

Bet there were plenty of seats after Walsall

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on December 13, 2019, 06:05:58 PM
It doesn't have to. It just makes sense to. Why would you want to use anything bigger than a 37 seater on it?

It's never carried great numbers in recent years so, you're right Tony, a large bus isn't needed - in fact, I remember Johnny Horan doing permanant lates on the 319s and having the standalone Dodge S56 minibus on it. He also kept B6 640 on it too.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk