News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

I think people just need to learn to read the displays... I haven't ever seen anyone have an issue with the WB42 terminating short at Tipton.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Mike K

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on November 09, 2019, 11:44:39 PM
It is confusing just saying Pheasey as 997's have been known to turn short at the church which is not distinguished from the dears leap.

A simple solution with the 997E would be to renumber the Pheasey journeys 998. The 99x buses via Kingstanding were renumbered to fit in with the old 998 City to Pheasey which had been a long-standing route. The short journeys run throughout most of the day, 7 days a week, so it's not like they are an 'E'xception to the normal route, they're the norm. No shortage of spare route numbers in the 99x series either.

Busboy105

Quote from: Mike K on November 10, 2019, 08:26:54 PM
A simple solution with the 997E would be to renumber the Pheasey journeys 998. The 99x buses via Kingstanding were renumbered to fit in with the old 998 City to Pheasey which had been a long-standing route. The short journeys run throughout most of the day, 7 days a week, so it's not like they are an 'E'xception to the normal route, they're the norm. No shortage of spare route numbers in the 99x series either.
Or even three digit numbers for that matter. Can't remember the last time a new route that has come about that has been given a number above 100. But you don't need me to know how I feel about there being 3-4 iterations of the same number in the West Midlands excluding Coventry.

Sh4318

Won't the 93*s and 997 be renumbered with an X prefix at some point
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Busboy105

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 10, 2019, 10:11:29 PM
Considering that the rest of the 9** services have been given that treatment I assume so. The 301 and 302 were only renumbered last year remember.

Mike K

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 10, 2019, 10:11:29 PM

Quite possibly so. If that were the case it would still be no issue to give the Pheasey 997s a different number to the full route ones.

Wumpty

Quote from: John on November 09, 2019, 08:51:57 PM
Pheasey as the destination is clearly showing where the bus is terminating. People don't pay any attention to this. Its not confusing if you read the destination of the bus

Agree John - the information on the new LED destination displays is far better than the ambiguous roller blinds that used to show numbered 'E' workings with no destination displayed at all!

Whilst having all of this information is useful to passengers, I still believe we need passenger buy-in to this with some form of common sense. Failing that, just ask the driver when it stops.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

the trainbasher

Quote from: Wumpty on November 11, 2019, 08:26:36 AM
Agree John - the information on the new LED destination displays is far better than the ambiguous roller blinds that used to show numbered 'E' workings with no destination displayed at all!

The best ambiguous roller blinds were on routes such as the 405E where the B6s would display Circular Service with no clarifier on where to on them

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Wumpty

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 11, 2019, 09:21:48 AM
The best ambiguous roller blinds were on routes such as the 405E where the B6s would display Circular Service with no clarifier on where to on them

Many of the Walsall drivers on E workings would use the lower blind only. On a 373E it would show 'via Blakenall' - a couple of the old Track drivers said they'd put the VIA blind up a sit could run via Blakenall to any part of it - the upper blind would define it as terminating at the acknowledged timing point.

Still, much better than Birmingham Coach Company displaying only 'Service' on the blinds!

Lukeee

Quote from: Wumpty on November 11, 2019, 10:57:31 AM
Many of the Walsall drivers on E workings would use the lower blind only. On a 373E it would show 'via Blakenall' - a couple of the old Track drivers said they'd put the VIA blind up a sit could run via Blakenall to any part of it - the upper blind would define it as terminating at the acknowledged timing point.

Still, much better than Birmingham Coach Company displaying only 'Service' on the blinds!

Or Pete's who would sometime just display the route number

BK63 YWP

Will Walsalls platinums receive USB ports like their sisters?

I wouldn't be surprised if Walsall will get a newer batch of platinums towards the 2022 commonwealth games maybe the E400 XLBs that Edinburgh have as there aren't super tight corners?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on November 18, 2019, 08:21:09 PM
Will Walsalls platinums receive USB ports like their sisters?

I wouldn't be surprised if Walsall will get a newer batch of platinums towards the 2022 commonwealth games maybe the E400 XLBs that Edinburgh have as there aren't super tight corners?

Apart from the fact the 51 never got it's proposed bendibuses because of difficulties getting them around

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on November 18, 2019, 08:25:32 PM
Apart from the fact the 51 never got it's proposed bendibuses because of difficulties getting them around

Fair point I did not know the 51 was at one point going to get bendi buse
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

danny

If memory serves me right wasn't it the 51/61-62-63 and obs the 67 that were all shortlisted for the bendys, with the 67 being the winner.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Wumpty

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 11, 2019, 09:21:48 AM

I remember as a young lad shopping with my Nan - we'd gone to Wolverhampton and the then 505/6/7 were all destination as WOLVERHAMPTON via (respective lower blinds) - we caught one by the market expecting it to go to the bus station and ended up in Pendeford!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk