News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

4 branded 1857 making an appearance on the 45 along with 2x 57 reg omnilinks

Bob

Id imagine the X51 has done well today given the joke of a train service!

Tony

Quote from: Bob on October 29, 2019, 05:29:35 PM
Id imagine the X51 has done well today given the joke of a train service!

I'm currently sat on 6730 which left Walsall to Cannock fully seated and some standing passengers

winston

Quote from: Tony on October 29, 2019, 05:48:22 PM
I'm currently sat on 6730 which left Walsall to Cannock fully seated and some standing passengers

Doing very well then!

Tony

Quote from: Winston on October 29, 2019, 05:55:23 PM
Doing very well then!

Except it will be a nominal payment off WMT for accepting all their train Passengers

l.murphy123

Quote from: Tony on October 29, 2019, 05:48:22 PM

I got on it from Great Wyrley to an appointment in Cannock and I was suprised to see it so full. The only problem with the X51 is the traffic on the A5 in Bridgtown which is annoying but not their fault. There's no timetables along there either if anyone on here works for NX can you pass it on.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Hows the X51 doing generally? Are they planning to keep it going? Its obviously had an effect on the 1 and 2

Jack

Any reason why the '997E' has just randomly gone? Off the flags, RTI's and buses themselves. Yet they now just display '997 Pheasey' which is just confusing for people who want to travel past the Pheasey... Been a number of times people have been turfed off at the Deers Leap who want to go past there now since they no longer display 997E.

John

Quote from: Jack on November 09, 2019, 02:53:37 PM
Any reason why the '997E' has just randomly gone? Off the flags, RTI's and buses themselves. Yet they now just display '997 Pheasey' which is just confusing for people who want to travel past the Pheasey... Been a number of times people have been turfed off at the Deers Leap who want to go past there now since they no longer display 997E.

It's not confusing. People don't read the destination, only looking at the number. Same with the X4 Lodge with announcements people expect you to go to Asda

l.murphy123

Quote from: John on November 09, 2019, 03:39:16 PM
It's not confusing. People don't read the destination, only looking at the number. Same with the X4 Lodge with announcements people expect you to go to Asda

It was changed they announced it on their website. I agree with the above they need to read the front of the bus its there for a reason. You could say the same about the X51 with Cannock. You only need it for untimetabled changes really, like the 529E someone spotted once.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

I thought 'Part Journey' was on the displays for a reason?

Quote from: Westy on November 09, 2019, 05:24:58 PM
I thought 'Part Journey' was on the displays for a reason?
Quote from: John on November 09, 2019, 03:39:16 PM
A small number of people on the 11 still expect the bus to carry on even when it displays both "11E" and "Part Route".
Seen it loads of times on the 11, for example when an 11A terminates at Fox and Goose, someone will always still be sat down expecting it to carry on towards  Erdington. For some reason a few people don't read the displays.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Yes it is confusing... the 'E'  on the display clearly marked it was going to the Pheasey... now that's gone everyone thinks every 997 goes to Walsall, and hardly anyone pay attention to announcements.

On another hand people were on the X51 today and had a row with the driver over not stopping on Newtown Row... people will never learn...

John

Quote from: Jack on November 09, 2019, 07:59:47 PM
Yes it is confusing... the 'E'  on the display clearly marked it was going to the Pheasey... now that's gone everyone thinks every 997 goes to Walsall, and hardly anyone pay attention to announcements.

On another hand people were on the X51 today and had a row with the driver over not stopping on Newtown Row... people will never learn...

Pheasey as the destination is clearly showing where the bus is terminating. People don't pay any attention to this. Its not confusing if you read the destination of the bus

The Fox 4846

It is confusing just saying Pheasey as 997's have been known to turn short at the church which is not distinguished from the dears leap.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk