News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

934-936 branded 6752 was parked at Merry Hill Bus Station at 10:30 and left out of service shortly afterwards.

CL

808 has just passed me in Bloxwich on a 32.. Unsure whether this is a loan or transfer, hence posting here
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

winston

Quote from: CL on September 05, 2019, 09:10:29 AM
808 has just passed me in Bloxwich on a 32.. Unsure whether this is a loan or transfer, hence posting here

I assume possibly a transfer, replaced by 2234 @ WB

Trident 4609

Quote from: Winston on September 05, 2019, 09:39:08 AM
I assume possibly a transfer, replaced by 2234 @ WB

807 & 808 are transfers to Walsall

l.murphy123

X51 and 934 (and presumably all the rest) platinums have next stop names on the downstairs screen now like they used to.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

monkeyjoe

Random question, could I ask why I'm assuming the 0100 hrs from city on the 51 going towards Walsall on the section m6 to Walsall; why would the driver not use the dedicated bus lane section even when in service ???

Jack

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 08, 2019, 12:01:35 PM
Random question, could I ask why I'm assuming the 0100 hrs from city on the 51 going towards Walsall on the section m6 to Walsall; why would the driver not use the dedicated bus lane section even when in service ???
Otherwise it would miss out two bus stops... Lochranza Croft and The Post House stops.

monkeyjoe

I was driving in the car and I still don't understand why he wouldn't stick to the bus section ?

PB2938

Was this by the bus gates either at The Bell or chapel lane. Could be because a long wait in traffic lights 🚥 sequence.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

monkeyjoe

It was that bit, that makes sense.

PB2938

The bus gates towards city if your in a line of buses and it goes red that the bus will have to wait until a bus behind comes to change the traffic lights. That's why if a bus is already there it may miss it out.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Jack

Quote from: PB2938 on September 08, 2019, 02:25:26 PM
The bus gates towards city if your in a line of buses and it goes red that the bus will have to wait until a bus behind comes to change the traffic lights. That's why if a bus is already there it may miss it out.
The two Sandwell ones are awful anyway. Buses are suppose to have priority, the ones at Chapel Lane make the bus wait longer at times. And the other one when you're coming from the bridge is quite bad. Cars often get confused and wait on a red light when that red light is for the bus lane only.

Tony

Quote from: PB2938 on September 08, 2019, 02:25:26 PM

I've got that sorted now. There was a detector for stationary vehicles which was defective, but it has been fixed now

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Wumpty on September 11, 2019, 12:47:34 PM
Crikey, won't last long on the Beechdale!!!!

@Wumpty Platinums get onto late night 70's daily in the week, as one comes off an X51 board. So I'm sure if a Platinum can survive late night 70's, it can survive a day on there...  ;)

Jack

Bit of a random question but have the 4 branded Omnilinks had their announcements removed? Because the majority of the ones that did work just display 'National Express West Midlands'.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk