News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: windy miller on July 04, 2019, 02:05:44 PM
   I have seen what looked to be a trident in the old walsall blue colours with the walsall logo on the side  it carries the number 4601 in large digits and has a BX54 prefix   I have seen it twice in sutton marked 'not in service'??? is this bus in private ownership? ???

No.  It's been in those colours for over 12 months as is still part of NXWM WA active fleet:
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4475-4699/4601.html

Westy

I have seen what looked to be a trident in the old walsall blue colours with the walsall logo on the side  it carries the number 4601 in large digits and has a BX54 prefix   I have seen it twice in sutton marked 'not in service'??? is this bus in private ownership? ???

It is a proper Nx owned vehicle.

Suspect it's been on a 77 beforehand.

windy miller

Quote from: Westy on July 04, 2019, 04:48:13 PM
It is a proper Nx owned vehicle.

Suspect it's been on a 77 beforehand.

Thanks for the info.  I obviously had not seen it in service.  funnily enough I saw a WB 5 yesterday in the old West brom corpn colours of yellow and blue  41xx ?I think  I hope they prove to be candidates for ultimate preservation.
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Westy

How long is the contract for Greatest Hits Radio on 4346 on for?

Will it get repainted in red & white or likely to be withdrawn in GHR livery?

In fact, is it a proper repaint or 'wrapped'?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on July 05, 2019, 12:39:19 PM
How long is the contract for Greatest Hits Radio on 4346 on for?

Will it get repainted in red & white or likely to be withdrawn in GHR livery?

In fact, is it a proper repaint or 'wrapped'?

It's a wrap, as per all the other vehicles that have had the adverts fitted

Squiz1971

Quote from: windy miller on July 05, 2019, 11:46:14 AM
  Thanks for the info.  I obviously had not seen it in service.  funnily enough I saw a WB 5 yesterday in the old West brom corpn colours of yellow and blue  41xx ?I think  I hope they prove to be candidates for ultimate preservation.
@windy miller It is Gemini 4679 in the West Brom colours as 4651 is in BCT colours too

I love Walsall buses

no its owned by nx used to be 10/10A branded before the 10A got extended to lichfield

DJ

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on July 05, 2019, 11:41:52 PM
no its owned by nx used to be 10/10A branded before the 10A got extended to lichfield

And 529 branded before that, which is where the pink branding originated, since the 10/10A retained it.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bob

Does anyome think theyll consider re routing the X51 back through Cheslyn Hay? Could be missing a trick there, itd provide a much more direct service to Walsall than Arriva's insane changes to the 2 and miss out the sometimes pretty bad traffic on A5 ( particulatly Brum bound direction)

j789

Quote from: Bob on July 16, 2019, 06:11:57 PM
Does anyome think theyll consider re routing the X51 back through Cheslyn Hay? Could be missing a trick there, itd provide a much more direct service to Walsall than Arriva's insane changes to the 2 and miss out the sometimes pretty bad traffic on A5 ( particulatly Brum bound direction)

To really put pressure on Arriva they could renumber every second x51 as a x52 with that following the 2 route to Cannock and the x51 continuing to follow its current route. Would mean a bus to Cannock from NXWM every 10 mins which I think would soon see off Arriva on that route.

Bob

Quote from: j789 on July 16, 2019, 09:09:00 PM
To really put pressure on Arriva they could renumber every second x51 as a x52 with that following the 2 route to Cannock and the x51 continuing to follow its current route. Would mean a bus to Cannock from NXWM every 10 mins which I think would soon see off Arriva on that route.

Due to.the new shopping village being built theyre closing the lichfield road for 2 mths shortly which will massively increase the traffic through churchbridge/bridgtown which could cause delays

l.murphy123

Quote from: j789 on July 16, 2019, 09:09:00 PM

There's no chance that would happen. Plus when Landywood railway bridge closes for works (at some point?!) it will have to go the current route anyway.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

l.murphy123

Does anyone know the name of someone high up at NXWM who I could contact.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

winston

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 17, 2019, 12:36:04 PM

Go through Tony for starters.

Wumpty

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 17, 2019, 12:36:04 PM

What area do you need to speak to?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk