News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Back onto the 'saga' of the X51 loadings & this morning the second from Cannock had a few extra passengers between Bloxwich & Walsall as the 32 timed around the same time failed to show.

(Unless Tony's 'box of tricks' says otherwise of course!)

Bob

First X51 never ran due to faulty wipers and drove off. Which means the traffic into brum will be a lot worse and ill be late!

Jack6101

Quote from: Bob on June 25, 2019, 06:27:44 AM
First X51 never ran due to faulty wipers and drove off. Which means the traffic into brum will be a lot worse and ill be late!
Better to be safe then sorry
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Dom

Quote from: Bob on June 25, 2019, 06:27:44 AM

So do you want a driver to drive a defective vehicle in the rain?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Dom on June 25, 2019, 10:28:40 AM
So do you want a driver to drive a defective vehicle in the rain?

He didn't say that did he, he was just stating a fact
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 25, 2019, 12:53:03 PM
He didn't say that did he, he was just stating a fact

It was just a pain in the bum that was all.

Ash

Look to be 1898 with the fire brigade behind it and engine cover open by the Hargate Arms in West Bromwich could be precautionary though.

Westy

Quote from: Ash on June 30, 2019, 06:43:41 PM
Look to be 1898 with the fire brigade behind it and engine cover open by the Hargate Arms in West Bromwich could be precautionary though.

Have any vehicles actually overheated this time round?

Last year, I was on an 11 / 11a that had to stop in Wednesbury BS for a few mins because of that.

(Think that was a Scania as well. I was on one on the Darlaston corridor one morning last week & the doors were having trouble closing, to the point the driver had to radio for advice. Always seems to be Scanias that have a problem. Don't remember other types having door issues!)

l.murphy123

Anybody know about the 'revised timetable' on the X51 from 21st July? Hope they aren't cutting back Cannock.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

the trainbasher

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 01, 2019, 11:43:57 AM
Anybody know about the 'revised timetable' on the X51 from 21st July? Hope they aren't cutting back Cannock.

Summer holiday timetable only

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

4346 out on the 77.

Didn't it know it was in Greatest  Hits  Radio livery!

(Don't recall it  being  flagged  as  such  in the  reprints thread!)

Bob

Is Arriva's desperate retiming of the 1 having any effect on the X51?

Bob

Saw what i thought was an X51 heading through Bloxwich completely empty about 2.15 ish

l.murphy123

Quote from: Bob on July 01, 2019, 08:17:44 PM
Is Arriva's desperate retiming of the 1 having any effect on the X51?

Both look fairly evenly split between the two. Can't imagine it will make much difference as people paying to use the X51 will continue paying. They have no incentive to swap to paying for the number 1. The only people they may gain back is concessionary pass users who can get on whichever arrives first.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

windy miller

I have seen what looked to be a trident in the old walsall blue colours with the walsall logo on the side  it carries the number 4601 in large digits and has a BX54 prefix   I have seen it twice in sutton marked 'not in service'??? is this bus in private ownership? ???
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk