News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

Why has Bloxwich Bulls Head stop been renamed Victoria Avenue? It's on the flags, X51 next stop announcements and app
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 08, 2019, 11:52:28 PM
Why has Bloxwich Bulls Head stop been renamed Victoria Avenue? It's on the flags, X51 next stop announcements and app

Probably due to a process of elimination, plus it's the next road down & the Bulls Head doesn't exist now anyway!

Can't use High Street, as that will be the next stop down, can't use Park Road or Wolverhampton Road either.

Think Arriva's new timetables from end of this month also refer to 'Victoria Avenue' as well?

Don't think any other services say Victoria Avenue, unless its a gradual update?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 06, 2019, 03:05:05 PM
The "E" and "Part Route" are still on some destination blinds. It depends which one the driver displays. Although the next stop announcements don't work if the driver uses a "Part Route" blind from what I've noticed.

Next stop announcement now says 997E instead of 997 for the short journey to Pheasey which you or somebody else pointed out.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Bob

Anyone know how the X51 extensions are doing? Arriva are evidently rattled....

winston

Quote from: Bob on June 11, 2019, 06:07:21 PM
Anyone know how the X51 extensions are doing? Arriva are evidently rattled....

It seems that way, as a large chunk of Arriva's service charges are putting more resources on & targeting new & older extensions in to Staffs (i.e. 10A & X51 plus competing on part of the NXWM 29).

Westy

Quote from: Winston on June 11, 2019, 06:17:04 PM
It seems that way, as a large chunk of Arriva's service charges are putting more resources on & targeting new & older extensions in to Staffs (i.e. 10A & X51 plus competing on part of the NXWM 29).

Wonder why competing on the 29?

Surely they know Diamond didnt last the distance?

Wouldve thought the Blakenall to Walsall section of the 19 might have been better for Arriva, but if the 19 itself is tendered, that might have been a problem introducing a commercial service(assuming that 2 section now is!) on that bit, unless the Blakenall to Bloxwich section became a 29a?

PB2938

Quote from: Westy on June 11, 2019, 08:25:14 PM

Wouldve thought the Blakenall to Walsall section of the 19 might have been better for Arriva, but if the 19 itself is tendered, that might have been a problem introducing a commercial service(assuming that 2 section now is!) on that bit, unless the Blakenall to Bloxwich section became a 29a?

Maybe a fightback for nx going on X51. Another option was possibly diverting the 2 at The Four croses/KFC right Leamore Lane serve Beechdale on the way to Walsall providing a link to Cannock.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

winston

Quote from: Westy on June 11, 2019, 08:25:14 PM

They've just diverted a route via NXWM's 29, so not a separate route as per Diamond's version.

The Arriva changes may yet provoke a response NXWM with further extensions / amendments within Staffordshire. A nice little run in to Tamworth may be the order of the day for NX....

That said, with all the additional work they've won / taken on, I suspect NX need more of the new order before contemplating any further expansion

l.murphy123

Quote from: Winston on June 11, 2019, 11:12:40 PM
They've just diverted a route via NXWM's 29, so not a separate route as per Diamond's version.

The Arriva changes may yet provoke a response NXWM with further extensions / amendments within Staffordshire. A nice little run in to Tamworth may be the order of the day for NX....

That said, with all the additional work they've won / taken on, I suspect NX need more of the new order before contemplating any further expansion

I could imagine NX taking over the 110 Birmingham - Tamworth route in the future. Perhaps as another express route - X11 maybe?
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

winston

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 11, 2019, 11:36:19 PM
I could imagine NX taking over the 110 Birmingham - Tamworth route in the future. Perhaps as another express route - X11 maybe?

I don't know about taking over the 110, competing with it maybe.

Either through a new route in direct competition or an extension/variation of the existing X5 to offer new links / journey opportunities through to Tamworth.

Michael Bevan

I've just received a message from a driver I know at Walsall stating that 4125 is apparently going out on the 31/32 today for it's first day in service. It will be entering service with the 07:57 32 from Walsall Bus Station and finishing with the 17:56 31 from Moseley back to Walsall.

Westy

Quote from: PB2938 on June 11, 2019, 10:52:30 PM
Maybe a fightback for nx going on X51. Another option was possibly diverting the 2 at The Four croses/KFC right Leamore Lane serve Beechdale on the way to Walsall providing a link to Cannock.

Already asked Simon Dunn that one.

Was considered.

Trident 4194

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 11, 2019, 11:36:19 PM

In my opinion that would be unacceptable. Arriva have operated that service for years and years commercially. I certainly don't want nx taking or competing with them

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 12, 2019, 12:59:24 PM
In my opinion that would be unacceptable. Arriva have operated that service for years and years commercially. I certainly don't want nx taking or competing with them

And? It's business..... it's a competitive market, operators need to keep on their toes.

Bob

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 12, 2019, 12:59:24 PM

Why would it? Arriva never bothered much with Walsall to Cannock services in previous years then muscled in on Chase and NXWM using clapped out Dart midibuses initially. Its competition

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk