News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

UID 34/37/39 Scania broke down at the Gala Bingo roundabout in Darlaston.

(Right outside yours truly's current place of work for the next few weeks!)

Recovery in attendance.

CL

Caught 6728 (I believe) into Birmingham on an X51, and, as expected, it changed onto a 997 short to Pheasey upon arrival to the City Centre.

When I got off, I noticed that the displayed have been updated in a way which omits the 'E' suffix from the display. It doesn't show 'part route', either.

Didn't NX get rid of the 'E' from short workings a while back, only to have them brought back again? I can't pinpoint which garage got rid of them for a while; I think it may have been either WB or YW ??? - but it was around the time the 'ThankYou100' blinds were introduced, iirc.

Anyhow, it was just an observation. Seeing as this is a timetabled short working, I wonder if others across the network would receive the same "update", if you will; perhaps 74E workings to West Bromwich could be updated to just show 74?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jack6101

Quote from: CL on June 05, 2019, 08:53:10 PM
Caught 6728 (I believe) into Birmingham on an X51, and, as expected, it changed onto a 997 short to Pheasey upon arrival to the City Centre.

When I got off, I noticed that the displayed have been updated in a way which omits the 'E' suffix from the display. It doesn't show 'part route', either.

Didn't NX get rid of the 'E' from short workings a while back, only to have them brought back again? I can't pinpoint which garage got rid of them for a while; I think it may have been either WB or YW ??? - but it was around the time the 'ThankYou100' blinds were introduced, iirc.

Anyhow, it was just an observation. Seeing as this is a timetabled short working, I wonder if others across the network would receive the same "update", if you will; perhaps 74E workings to West Bromwich could be updated to just show 74?

I've noticed in the last week or so the 87 that only go to oldbury on a night now display ' OLDBURY 87 and it's very confusing cause it looks like Dudley with out me glasses
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

mesub

Didn't NX get rid of the 'E' from short workings a while back, only to have them brought back again? I can't pinpoint which garage got rid of them for a while; I think it may have been either WB or YW
BC did it as well
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

aSingh

Some people that get on the 74 from Bham till West Brom don't even bother looking at the destination display. Some stay on the 74E when we reach last stop at WB bus station only to realise that its not going towards Dudley when we park it the layover or take it round the ringway to bring it back onto Birmingham stand. Its quite funny sometimes  considering how many times it happens.
Singh

Sh4318

Quote from: mesub on June 05, 2019, 09:06:05 PM
BC did it as well

WB definitely have them. For me, you only need an "E" suffix or "PART ROUTE", I'm not sure both are required
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

John

Quote from: Sh4318 on June 06, 2019, 07:38:18 AM
WB definitely have them. For me, you only need an "E" suffix or "PART ROUTE", I'm not sure both are required

They are both needed. Even then people still won't take a blind bit of notice

Even with our announcements on the X4 people still expect every one to go to Minworth

mikestone

Quote from: aSingh on June 06, 2019, 05:48:52 AM
Some people that get on the 74 from Bham till West Brom don't even bother looking at the destination display. Some stay on the 74E when we reach last stop at WB bus station only to realise that its not going towards Dudley when we park it the layover or take it round the ringway to bring it back onto Birmingham stand. Its quite funny sometimes  considering how many times it happens.
I would suggest there is nothing funny about drivers failing to ensure their bus is empty before parking up.

Michael Bevan

The "E" and "Part Route" are still on some destination blinds. It depends which one the driver displays. Although the next stop announcements don't work if the driver uses a "Part Route" blind from what I've noticed.

mesub

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 06, 2019, 03:05:05 PM
The "E" and "Part Route" are still on some destination blinds. It depends which one the driver displays. Although the next stop announcements don't work if the driver uses a "Part Route" blind from what I've noticed.
I'm pretty sure that inly affects the old announcement system. The 23E to woodgate (outbound) works all the way to Wood lane, where it then says that it terminates there.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 06, 2019, 03:05:05 PM
55/94 and 11 still display both "E" and "Part Route". University routes and X1/X2 still display "Part Route".

Announcements still work on the X1/X2 when a part route blind is used.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: 2206 on June 06, 2019, 06:17:05 PM
55/94 and 11 still display both "E" and "Part Route". University routes and X1/X2 still display "Part Route".

Announcements still work on the X1/X2 when a part route blind is used.

@2206 I was referring to the ones on the Walsall Platinum blinds. As I've been on an X51 before which has used the "Walsall Part Route" blind and also a 935E to Kingstanding which used the "Kingstanding Part Route" blind, and the next stop announcements didn't work on both.

mesub

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 06, 2019, 07:28:56 PM
@2206 I was referring to the ones on the Walsall Platinum blinds. As I've been on an X51 before which has used the "Walsall Part Route" blind and also a 935E to Kingstanding which used the "Kingstanding Part Route" blind, and the next stop announcements didn't work on both.
Are they still running on the old announcement system?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

the trainbasher

Are the WA 67xx MMCs ever going to get USB charging points retrofitted?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: mesub on June 06, 2019, 09:53:35 PM
Are they still running on the old announcement system?

No @mesub. They've updated to the new announcement system with the new voice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk