News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: Tony on May 14, 2019, 04:31:21 PM
You'd catch the train at Walsall

I was thinking of someone who lives on a part of the route after Walsall, as an example. I don't see why they'd go back on themselves.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: StourValley98 on May 14, 2019, 07:33:33 PM
I was thinking of someone who lives on a part of the route after Walsall, as an example. I don't see why they'd go back on themselves.

Anyone between Walsall and Bloxwich can, and has always been able to get the 31 to Bloxwich North Sattion

The Walsall Road, Cannock (2 before the bus station) stop is also only a short walk to Cannock Station

Westy

Seeing it was mentioned on the other thread about people walking from Turnberry onto Stafford Road for an X51, do many, especially evenings & Sundays, walk to the nearest 31 at Mossley Eagle Hotel?

Wouldve thought crossing Broad Lane railway bridge might be an issue?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on May 14, 2019, 07:52:25 PM
Seeing it was mentioned on the other thread about people walking from Turnberry onto Stafford Road for an X51, do many, especially evenings & Sundays, walk to the nearest 31 at Mossley Eagle Hotel?

Wouldve thought crossing Broad Lane railway bridge might be an issue?

As far as I know most people on Turnberry Road are not scared of heights, or unable to cross a road safely, specially one with dedicated pedestrian refuges in the middle of it

Westy

Quote from: Tony on May 14, 2019, 08:13:48 PM
As far as I know most people on Turnberry Road are not scared of heights, or unable to cross a road safely, specially one with dedicated pedestrian refuges in the middle of it

I only asked, because its not often I go up that way!

Bob

10.16 X51 to brum hasnt turned up. Big queue since 10.05 most of which will probably now get the 1 if they arent travelling to Brum

Bob

10.16 to brum even. Most got on the 1 the rest got on the 2. Leaving 3 passengers

l.murphy123

Quote from: Bob on May 18, 2019, 10:26:23 AM
10.16 to brum even. Most got on the 1 the rest got on the 2. Leaving 3 passengers

Ouch that's not good for NX - great for Arriva though. At least they can change in Bloxwich or Walsall if they still need the X51
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Its not a good day at all for the X51, in addition to the 10.16 from Cannock not running at all this morning the 1.25 from brum which was several mins late, has made it back to Cannock and appears to have broken down. Still there at 2.55 with hazards on

I love Walsall buses

Hi with the 29 route main road up to Coalpool and through to harden road closing from the 20-25 from 19:00 till 05:00 where will the 29s be diverting I thought the 19 way but them roads are way to thin for a scania or B7Rle

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on May 18, 2019, 11:46:17 PM
Hi with the 29 route main road up to Coalpool and through to harden road closing from the 20-25 from 19:00 till 05:00 where will the 29s be diverting I thought the 19 way but them roads are way to thin for a scania or B7Rle

Would E200's fit, assuming WA are in a position to swap round for a few days?

Alternatively double decks are shorter in length, so swop with those instead!

DJ

Quote from: Westy on May 19, 2019, 10:50:50 AM

Could a B7RLE or Scania fit round the 39? I know there are Scanias branded for it but it seems to have E200s most of the time, so if a longer bus can fit on there, it would make sense to do a swap.

Tony

Quote from: StourValley98 on May 19, 2019, 11:20:58 AM
Could a B7RLE or Scania fit round the 39? I know there are Scanias branded for it but it seems to have E200s most of the time, so if a longer bus can fit on there, it would make sense to do a swap.

The reason for the E200s on the 39 are the interworking with the 36

E200s are the same width as any other bus!

DJ

Quote from: Tony on May 19, 2019, 11:30:21 AM
The reason for the E200s on the 39 are the interworking with the 36

E200s are the same width as any other bus!

I wasn't aware of the interworking, that makes sense then.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on May 19, 2019, 10:50:50 AM

Quote from: StourValley98 on May 19, 2019, 11:20:58 AM
So does anybody know where there diverting

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk