News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheese

Quote from: Gareth on May 12, 2019, 06:50:10 PM
I didn't think it was as clean cut as x amount per scan. I thought it was a lot more complicated process and can actually vary by operator.

Thought nBus was worked out by the number sold overall and revenue was apportioned by the percentage of services operated? Concessions are definitely not £1 per scan of a card, they are worked out on an average fare basis so all operators will be different.

CL

Currently sat on the 0745 X51 ex. Birmingham, and I notice it has the new-style announcements (with the female voice) for the Cannock journeys (and presumably Walsall, then).. ;) I mean - it could only be expected, but I had honestly thought it'd be a while yet.

edit: having passed several WA Platinums, with updated-style destinations, I can only assume it was a prompt rolliout over the past week, or so - which included the new announcements for the Platinum routes
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

mesub

Quote from: CL on May 13, 2019, 07:47:08 AM
Currently sat on the 0745 X51 ex. Birmingham, and I notice it has the new-style announcements (with the female voice) for the Cannock journeys (and presumably Walsall, then).. ;) I mean - it could only be expected, but I had honestly thought it'd be a while yet.

That's Mr Platinum gone then

Edit: either that or they're having different voices for different zones.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

l.murphy123

Quote from: mesub on May 13, 2019, 07:48:30 AM
That's Mr Platinum gone then

Edit: either that or they're having different voices for different zones.

Yes female voice now. Not keen really the destination announcement gets rather annoying, and that's a limited stop service, it would drive me mad on a non-express. Prefer the road name before the stop name too rather than just the stop.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

mesub

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 13, 2019, 04:50:20 PM
Yes female voice now. Not keen really the destination announcement gets rather annoying, and that's a limited stop service, it would drive me mad on a non-express. Prefer the road name before the stop name too rather than just the stop.

Phil Upton and Mr. Platinum (version 1, before it announced the destination) did read the road name and the stop name. I suppose just the stop name is alright, but I don't think it'll be friendly to people who don't always use the route often (ass they might know the road name but not the stop name)
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 13, 2019, 04:50:20 PM
Announcements on the X1/X2 don't really bother me.
I don't find the announcement of the destination annoying. Don't think it is any different or anymore annoying than hearing "the next stop is Rowood Drive", etc, every 30 seconds for an hour on the X12.

I think what the X20/X21/X22 announcements do is good and helpful to passengers not familiar with the stops and route, etc. Announcing major locations on the route after the stop name.
e.g. - University Station for Queen Elizabeth Hospital, New Fosse Way for the Olleaster, Westmere for University Conference Centre etc.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on May 13, 2019, 05:10:22 PM
Announcements on the X1/X2 don't really bother me.
I don't find the announcement of the destination annoying. Don't think it is any different or anymore annoying than hearing "the next stop is Rowood Drive", etc, every 30 seconds for an hour on the X12.

I think what the X20/X21/X22 announcements do is good and helpful to passengers not familiar with the stops and route, etc. Announcing major locations on the route after the stop name.
e.g. - University Station for Queen Elizabeth Hospital, New Fosse Way for the Olleaster, Westmere for University Conference Centre etc.

Which is why I'm surprised the reinstated stops on the X20/X21 don't say "for Selly Oak Shopping Park", as the other announcements are helpful.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

l.murphy123

Quote from: 2206 on May 13, 2019, 05:10:22 PM

X51 now has some of those. "James Watt Queensway for Aston University & Children's Hospital", "Corporation Street for Law Courts", "Corporation Street for Children's Hospital" and "Walsall Hatherton Road for Walsall Bus Station". Didn't go past Walsall today but I doubt anywhere in Bloxwich, Wyrley or Cannock would have anywhere of significance. Unless it states "for Landywood Station" at Wardles Lane which would be useful.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

mesub

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 13, 2019, 05:58:24 PM
Which is why I'm surprised the reinstated stops on the X20/X21 don't say "for Selly Oak Shopping Park", as the other announcements are helpful.

Probably because Mr. Platinum is not available for whatever reason and they can't be bothered to re-record the whole thing to a female voice
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

Jack

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 13, 2019, 08:29:46 PM
X51 now has some of those. "James Watt Queensway for Aston University & Children's Hospital", "Corporation Street for Law Courts", "Corporation Street for Children's Hospital" and "Walsall Hatherton Road for Walsall Bus Station". Didn't go past Walsall today but I doubt anywhere in Bloxwich, Wyrley or Cannock would have anywhere of significance. Unless it states "for Landywood Station" at Wardles Lane which would be useful.
Be good if they did one for Perry Avenue: "Perry Avenue for Alexandra Stadium".

mikestone

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 13, 2019, 08:29:46 PM
In what world would someone get off an X51 to catch a train at Landywood?

DJ

Quote from: mikestone on May 14, 2019, 10:03:56 AM

I don't know the area, but is the stop closer to Landywood station than Cannock Bus Station is to the rail station there? Someone could live along the route and want to get up to Rugeley or further afield, using the Trent Valley line, and it might be easier to change from the bus there than in Cannock.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: StourValley98 on May 14, 2019, 03:11:17 PM
I don't know the area, but is the stop closer to Landywood station than Cannock Bus Station is to the rail station there? Someone could live along the route and want to get up to Rugeley or further afield, using the Trent Valley line, and it might be easier to change from the bus there than in Cannock.

You'd catch the train at Walsall

l.murphy123

Quote from: StourValley98 on May 14, 2019, 03:11:17 PM

Yes. On the old route it went past it, now it turns slightly before but its only a 2 minute walk. It's a very well used station.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

l.murphy123

Quote from: mikestone on May 14, 2019, 10:03:56 AM

It's a place of significance that could be on the announcements is all im saying. But people in my area get a bus to the station. It's a long walk from Cheslyn Hay or Churchbridge and if you were to go to Cannock it's a long walk from there too.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk