News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

4 | 4H | 4M branded bus on the X51 just now 🤔 Platinum 51 the other day.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Trident 4194

The 4Hs are stuck in Hayley green. 2 parked up on fallowfield road as unable to get through whilst dunstall being resurfaced

Solo1

Why didn't the council notify nx bus about resurfacing in Hayley green

Trident 4194

Quote from: Solo1 on April 01, 2019, 11:12:20 AM
Why didn't the council notify nx bus about resurfacing in Hayley green

Dunno short notice perhaps. The diversion is a way too narrow road. Diamond are managing to turn buses round on the road and go a different route. Nx on the other hand are happy to sit there with the hazards on

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 01, 2019, 11:20:00 AM
Dunno short notice perhaps. The diversion is a way too narrow road. Diamond are managing to turn buses round on the road and go a different route. Nx on the other hand are happy to sit there with the hazards on

Diamond are carrying on down Fallowfield Road using the grass verge to go past the stuck NX 4H.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on April 01, 2019, 12:25:01 PM
Diamond are carrying on down Fallowfield Road using the grass verge to go past the stuck NX 4H.

I can reassure you they are not. I've seen it with my own eyes they were all turning round and going up meadowbrook road. Road reopened now

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 01, 2019, 12:32:17 PM
I can reassure you they are not. I've seen it with my own eyes they were all turning round and going up meadowbrook road. Road reopened now

I've been sat there since 10am, they are. The road is still closed aswell, hasn't reopened at all.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on April 01, 2019, 12:47:20 PM
I've been sat there since 10am, they are. The road is still closed aswell, hasn't reopened at all.

So your the one that buggered it up for the rest of them? Did you not see the diamond buses reversing and going back up the road? Why could you not get through if so called diamond are pushing past you?

Jack6101

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 01, 2019, 12:54:47 PM
So your the one that buggered it up for the rest of them? Did you not see the diamond buses reversing and going back up the road? Why could you not get through if so called diamond are pushing past you?
How's is it his fault if his bus has broken down it wasn't his choice was it !!!!
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack6101 on April 01, 2019, 01:12:27 PM
How's is it his fault if his bus has broken down it wasn't his choice was it !!!!

I doubt his bus broke down, he just couldn't manoeuvre it!!

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 01, 2019, 12:54:47 PM

Right, I wasn't the one that buggered everything up. I was going over the 4H loop as I haven't driven it in ages. The road was closed at the time. There was no road ahead closed signs up. The driver followed the signed diversion, this lead to a tight road that is far too narrow for a bus to get down and narrows out further towards the top. It was advised by AVL that the driver stays where he is and that an inspector would come out to him. I stayed with the driver, once the inspector arrived another 4H was stuck. We can not just
reverse a bus, a banksman is required, that is the law and not an NX policy.

When the driver tried to restart the bus, the battery was flat so wouldn't start and had to await for engineers to come out to boost start it.

Jack

Quote from: Dom on April 01, 2019, 03:48:36 PM
Right, I wasn't the one that buggered everything up. I was going over the 4H loop as I haven't driven it in ages. The road was closed at the time. There was no road ahead closed signs up. The driver followed the signed diversion, this lead to a tight road that is far too narrow for a bus to get down and narrows out further towards the top. It was advised by AVL that the driver stays where he is and that an inspector would come out to him. I stayed with the driver, once the inspector arrived another 4H was stuck. We can not just

When the driver tried to restart the bus, the battery was flat so wouldn't start and had to await for engineers to come out to boost start it.
Sounds like you did...
If you see a road that looks too tight to accommodate a bus then why turn down it?
Surely common sense would tell you that...

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on April 01, 2019, 03:48:36 PM

Surely common sense would prevail and you would stand at the top of that road ensuring that another nx bus didn't also get stuck...

Ashley 60171

The dross have got their claws out good and proppa today ay they DBN? @Dom

Dom

Quote from: Jack on April 01, 2019, 04:12:04 PM
Sounds like you did...
If you see a road that looks too tight to accommodate a bus then why turn down it?
Surely common sense would tell you that...

How did I? I wasn't driving so your point is invalid. The driver was going the way he was told by control  and that was signed on the diversion signs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk