News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Quote from: Jack on July 23, 2018, 11:43:55 AM
4328 and 4606 are on the 70A.

4328 is on 77 and has just left Walsall, @Jack.

Jack

Quote from: P419 EJW on July 23, 2018, 12:43:31 PM
4328 is on 77 and has just left Walsall, @Jack.
It's 4330 on the 70A, have no idea why I put 4328!

John

Quote from: V89MOA on July 23, 2018, 12:18:08 PM

Does it Rhyme with Ken Digby by any chance? 😂😂. He's known for it, inspectors have told him off before and he doesn't care.

No wasn't thinking of him

John

Are the Tridents still used on the 10, and B7RLEs on the 10A, or do both now have single deckers?

Michael Bevan

Quote from: John on July 23, 2018, 01:48:36 PM
Are the Tridents still used on the 10, and B7RLEs on the 10A, or do both now have single deckers?

The 10/A will now be predominantly B7RLE allocated now according to a comment that was put on Facebook the other day. Although I believe two boards will still be allocated deckers. On Saturday's and Sunday's the 10/A should have Platinum's allocated.

John

Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 23, 2018, 01:52:21 PM
The 10/A will now be predominantly B7RLE allocated now according to a comment that was put on Facebook the other day. Although I believe two boards will still be allocated deckers. On Saturday's and Sunday's the 10/A should have Platinum's allocated.

So I take it the Tridents will be debranded? Guess the loadings to Brownhills don't warrant a decker

Trident 4194

I assume the pvr of the 10/A is less than 7. If so why not use the 12 plate B7RLES at Walsall, could even give them a bit of branding

The Fox 4846

It needs at least 9 minimum.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 23, 2018, 02:03:39 PM
I assume the pvr of the 10/A is less than 7. If so why not use the 12 plate B7RLES at Walsall, could even give them a bit of branding
As they are nearly always on the 29. I would Crimson them before branding any of them, they are pink!

Kevin

Quote from: John on July 23, 2018, 01:48:36 PM

The timetable suggests interworking in Walsall
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

Quote from: Kevin on July 23, 2018, 02:41:28 PM
The timetable suggests interworking in Walsall

Thanks. I haven't seen the combined timetable for both. Only seen the 10A one

Westy

Quote from: John on July 23, 2018, 01:47:12 PM
No wasn't thinking of him

What is he trying to achieve by doing this?

How does Joe Public know this bloke isnt kosher?

Westy

Typical.

4601 on the 301 today, but I'd already committed to the Arriva 2!

(Brother did catch it earlier, but the card reader wasnt working, he said!)

Michael Bevan

Something that may be of interest to some people, as this blind will be a common sight in Birmingham from now on. I saw it being used yesterday whilst on Moor Street Queensway. So after asking a few of the drivers I know, I managed to find out what it's purpose is...

The blind has been introduced to avoid the confusion caused on Moor Street Queensway with the Walsall Platinum routes (934/935/936/937/937A/997/997E/X51) inter-working in Birmingham.

If a bus has less than 12 minutes before they are due out of Lower Bull Street, they are to change the blind to the service they are going to be going out as and make sure the ticket machine is set correctly for the outbound journey.

However if a bus has more than 12 minutes before they are due out of Lower Bull Street, they have been instructed to use this "I'm dropping off only" blind. This is to prevent people getting confused and getting on the wrong bus. The instruction is to use this blind to Lower Bull Street, then loop back to Moor Street Queensway via Priory Queensway to load up there 7 minutes prior to departure from Lower Bull Street.

To be honest, I think this is a good idea to introduce this new blind. I've seen people get confused with the inter-workings which happen with Walsall's Platinum routes. They've got on a bus showing the blind of the inbound service, then it has changed onto another route for the outbound service which wasn't the one they wanted.

CL

@Michael Bevan

It's certainly a smart and, I can't speak for anyone else but, welcome initiative on NX's part. The blind doesn't look too shabby either! Looks a bit like the ReadingBuses font :P

I recall something similar was put into place on BC's routes when the Harborne corridor's relief point was moved from Snow Hill Queensway to Colmore Row. The destination told passengers that the drivers were changing over, thus, instructing them not to board. Didn't seem to last very long, though. Hopefully not the same case here. :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk