News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

1769 taken out of service due to a problem with the doors, so no 709 11 from Walsall so far.

Tony

As a bit of a surprise, 4601 will come out of paint next week in Walsall heritage livery. The same livery as Metrobus 2888 was painted, but with the yellow stripes slightly different to match the lines of an ALX400

Solo1

Quote from: Tony on May 31, 2018, 01:59:00 PM
As a bit of a surprise, 4601 will come out of paint next week in Walsall heritage livery. The same livery as Metrobus 2888 was painted, but with the yellow stripes slightly different to match the lines of an ALX400
any date for when 4601 will out on the road  please

markcf83

That should look very good on a Trident. How long is it intended to be in the livery?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Other Walsall Tony

Sounds good.   Any plans for buses in the other municipal liveries?
Tony

Tony

The intention is it will stay in blue for the rest of it's life. Other heritage liveries will depend on the reaction to this one

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on May 31, 2018, 05:48:28 PM
The intention is it will stay in blue for the rest of it's life. Other heritage liveries will depend on the reaction to this one
The Metrobuses & the BC Scania all looked great in the BCT/WCT/CT/WB & WA liveries. Would be nice to see a few of the new breed of buses in the various municipality liveries pre/early WMPTE days

Westy

How long is the vehicle's projected life?

(Must admit, I did wonder why a later vehicle was used, because surely if it was only say for a couple of years, then it would be crimsoned after that, but if the livery was only on for a limited time, why not use an older vehicle, then withdraw it in that livery instead?)

Aint they doing this for 50 years of Wmpte then?

Jack

Quote from: Solo1 on May 31, 2018, 03:00:53 PM
any date for when 4601 will out on the road  please
Just wait until Tony says!

Westy

The day got off great this morning, with my work friend's sister back on the 11/13.

I might be slightly biased, but a 'happy' driver does really make a difference to the journey, with the right amount of rebuke to certain passengers trying to pull a fast one!

DJ

Quote from: Westy on June 01, 2018, 06:36:19 PM
The day got off great this morning, with my work friend's sister back on the 11/13.

I might be slightly biased, but a 'happy' driver does really make a difference to the journey, with the right amount of rebuke to certain passengers trying to pull a fast one!

The 11/13 always seems to have nice, happy drivers. I've never had a bad experience on that route in the past 5 years of living right next to it, and before that catching it occasionally into Walsall.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Westy on June 01, 2018, 06:36:19 PM

Some women drivers on the 4H are nice too, potentially the same one maybe

Jack

Quote from: StourValley98 on June 01, 2018, 09:39:36 PM
The 11/13 always seems to have nice, happy drivers. I've never had a bad experience on that route in the past 5 years of living right next to it, and before that catching it occasionally into Walsall.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 01, 2018, 09:46:06 PM
Shame the drivers on the 51 aren't the same.

DJ

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 01, 2018, 09:46:06 PM

Some of the drivers seem to do both sets of routes, as I've recognised some of my usual drivers when catching the 4H from near Quarry Bank a few times.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Dom

Quote from: StourValley98 on June 02, 2018, 05:10:44 AM
Some of the drivers seem to do both sets of routes, as I've recognised some of my usual drivers when catching the 4H from near Quarry Bank a few times.

Thats because its on the same rota...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk