News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on June 18, 2017, 05:25:52 PM
What contract? even that is just guesswork everyone is taking as gospel.

Valid
But where were all the 51 buses then?

Quote from: 2206 on June 18, 2017, 07:44:53 PM
A bus, is the bus, I don't get what all the fuss is about, its better than no bus as only the E400, E400 MMC, Omnilinks and MK2 B7RLE at Walsall can enter the City Centre. Surely most will be able to spot there isn't a big X on the front of the bus.

As I've said, I know, but others don't, and it's hardly a "big X"
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on June 18, 2017, 07:44:53 PM
So what if you haven't seen anyone throw up on the 51 for a long time, its probably happened in the past, you can't have been on every single 51 journey.

A bus, is the bus, I don't get what all the fuss is about, its better than no bus as only the E400, E400 MMC, Omnilinks and MK2 B7RLE at Walsall can enter the City Centre. Surely most will be able to spot there isn't a big X on the front of the bus, isn't it just the same as before the X51 went platinum?
Do you think I`m that stupid to be on EVERY single 51 of the day!
What about people who can`t see the destination display very well? Most people presume the silver LEDs is an X51. Most people think that the Platniums = X51 on Walsall Road, especially the elderly.

MW

Quote from: Jack B on June 18, 2017, 09:53:13 PM
What about people who are can`t see the destination display very well? Most people presume the silver LEDs is an X51. Most people think that the Platniums = X51 on Walsall Road, especially the elderly.

I don't think it's NX's fault if people are retarded tbh

Tony

Quote from: Jack B on June 18, 2017, 09:53:13 PM
What about people who are can`t see the destination display very well? Most people presume the silver LEDs is an X51. Most people think that the Platniums = X51 on Walsall Road, especially the elderly.

How do you know 'what most people think' ?

Jack

Quote from: Tony on June 18, 2017, 09:55:49 PM
General observations. People are use to Platniums been put on the X51, not the 51

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on June 18, 2017, 09:55:49 PM

In his defence, we're both from the area and, speaking for myself, know what people (perhaps not every person, but general consensus) think.

People here have always had the express bus, back in the day it was known more as "the Timesaver" than the 951, and if a Timesaver bus came along that actually was a 51 they would have let it go past (and I have a very distinct memory of that happening as a child and letting it go past - although now dubious on whether they were ever both the same garage)

It's the same with Diamond buses on the 16. There have been occasions where a red coloured B7RLE has come and a Diamond regular has let it go past thinking it's the other company. Other numerous examples out there where people still catch a bus that still have the display for the previous journey because they know what sort of bus they're looking for

It's the same with the one morning X51 journey that's on a 51 board and so is regularly a 51 branded bus,  people that aren't used to it don't catch it because it's not the Platinum bus. In an area where the bus route itself has an identity this matters, whether bus enthusiasts like it or not. Call these people thick all you want, but they're the customers

Westy

Why wasnt Tridents used on the Iron Man contract?

In fact, what types of buses are supposed to be available for private hire?

Bearing in mind the Birmingham situation, surely the priority should be compliant buses over the mass vehicle contract?

For the Virgin Weston Park contract, anything was sent out, even Spectras I seem to recall one year.

Do all Nx garages take part in private hires, as a few years ago, Hockley was used for private hire ISTR?

Per day, how many private hires are operated by one garage?

If its one or two buses, you could get with losing newer buses for a day!

Jack

Quote from: MW on June 18, 2017, 09:54:13 PM
I don't think it's NX's fault if people are retarded tbh
Neither do I. But people can't help it if they can't see the display of a bus.

MW

Quote from: Jack B on June 18, 2017, 11:23:55 PM
Neither do I. But people can't help it if they can't see the display of a bus.

Isn't the ring and ride service available for those people?

Jack

Quote from: MW on June 18, 2017, 11:26:26 PM
Isn't the ring and ride service available for those people?
They are. But don't  see that many round Great Barr as there use to be.
There is the 424 which goes everywhere in Great Barr!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on June 18, 2017, 11:13:50 PM
Why wasnt Tridents used on the Iron Man contract?

In fact, what types of buses are supposed to be available for private hire?

Bearing in mind the Birmingham situation, surely the priority should be compliant buses over the mass vehicle contract?

For the Virgin Weston Park contract, anything was sent out, even Spectras I seem to recall one year.

Do all Nx garages take part in private hires, as a few years ago, Hockley was used for private hire ISTR?

Per day, how many private hires are operated by one garage?

If its one or two buses, you could get with losing newer buses for a day!

For the second time. There was no Iron man contract

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on June 18, 2017, 03:44:04 PM
Let's get a fine for sending 4597/8 into Birmingham then shall we?

So 4597 IS on the 51 today. 07:10 Scott Arms
So pray tell Mr Tony, put rumours to bed and tell us where the 51 branded buses are

Jack

Quote from: Kevin on June 19, 2017, 07:10:32 AM
So 4597 IS on the 51 today. 07:10 Scott Arms
So pray tell Mr Tony, put rumours to bed and tell us where the 51 branded buses are
Wonderful. Where's all of 4733-37 gone?

Dom

Looks like a nice fine going over to NX this morning. I think someone's in trouble

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on June 18, 2017, 03:44:04 PM
Let's get a fine for sending 4597/8 into Birmingham then shall we?

It's only bus spotters objecting, most passengers will be glad of a bit of extra comfort

I guess Walsall's answer to that is "Yes! Let's get a fine!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk