News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on June 18, 2017, 01:08:34 PM
Surely they can read what is on the destination display, if they don't read it then it is there own fault if they let it go past.

On any other route where the display is not significantly different yes
But "51 Birmingham" and "X51 Birmingham"
Come on

Anyway, would you like to tell that to the old people I literally just saw let it go past on the Walsall Road
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Kevin on June 18, 2017, 12:30:52 PM
No
Dear God please no
I get they don't want the platty's in garage doing nothing on Sunday, but not the 51
Literally any other route will be fine: Brownhills, 6/7, 41... hell even stick them on the Mossley/Lower Farm estates... Just not the 51 when they're associated with the express version of THAT EXACT ROUTE!!
People will be letting it go past because it's the Platinum bus, and on a 15 minute Sunday service that is not acceptable
If it's because the rotas have merged or whatever then fine, but put normal buses on the X51 so this doesn't happen

If they removed the 'ban' on the Bradford Place double deckers, then nice day like today, stick them  on the Dudley route, for the zoo & Black Country Museum.

Trident 4609

This maybe a long shot but could possibly explain the Platinum E400MMC's on the 51. Are NX providing buses for
today's Iron man challenge in Staffordshire (Cannock Chase to Shrugborough Hall)? They have in previous years using WA vehicles

https://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/staffordshire-entertainment/2017/06/18/staffordshire-ironman-2017-hundreds-brave-scorching-temperatures-for-big-challenge/

4875 pictured on said duties in 2015 (6th photo down).
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4875.html

Jack

Quote from: Nathan on June 18, 2017, 01:14:41 PM
This maybe a long shot but could possibly explain the Platinum E400MMC's on the 51. Are NX providing buses for
today's Iron man challenge in Staffordshire (Cannock Chase to Shrugborough Hall)? They have in previous years using WA vehicles

https://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/staffordshire-entertainment/2017/06/18/staffordshire-ironman-2017-hundreds-brave-scorching-temperatures-for-big-challenge/

4875 pictured on said duties in 2015 (6th photo down).
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4875.html
Yeah. They used most of 4857-4870 when they last did it. Tridents were used as 'covers' on the 51. WA can't use Tridents as they aren't compliant for the Euro rules in the City.

P419 EJW

I don't get why they didn't use any of 4733-4737 or 4597-4598 on the 51. They're better substitutes than Platinums to avoid confusion and they are compliant to the Euro emissions.

Tony

Let's get a fine for sending 4597/8 into Birmingham then shall we?

It's only bus spotters objecting, most passengers will be glad of a bit of extra comfort

Jack

Quote from: P419 EJW on June 18, 2017, 03:15:35 PM
I don't get why they didn't use any of 4733-4737 or 4597-4598 on the 51. They're better substitutes than Platinums to avoid confusion and they are compliant to the Euro emissions.
4597/4598 aren't compliant. They don't have the traps fitted. TBH I'm not sure why WA can't put 4733-4737 can't be on the 51 unless they are been used on the Shugborough contract. Tridents are banned from the 51 now.

Jack

Quote from: Tony on June 18, 2017, 03:44:04 PM

It's only bus spotters objecting, most passengers will be glad of a bit of extra comfort
Vandalism will happen on them, especially if they're on the 51 after 10PM between Perry Barr and City.

Dom

I don't get the fuss about it if I'm honest. It's a bus covering a service, whoppie doo!

P419 EJW

Sorry, it slipped my mind about 4597/8 not having traps fitted.

Kevin

It isn't only bus spotters objecting
I spoke to the two old people that let it go past and they were rather furious that it happened and they'd have to wait another 15 minutes, and they won't be the only people that it happened to.
I get that it's at least a bus honestly I do, but come on of all the routes surely this situation should be avoided
Couldn't any other buses be used for the contract?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on June 18, 2017, 05:19:52 PM
It isn't only bus spotters objecting
I spoke to the two old people that let it go past and they were rather furious that it happened and they'd have to wait another 15 minutes, and they won't be the only people that it happened to.
I get that it's at least a bus honestly I do, but come on of all the routes surely this situation should be avoided
Couldn't any other buses be used for the contract?
What contract? even that is just guesswork everyone is taking as gospel.

Michael Bevan

[/b]

You're quite right there @Tony. Heard quite a few comments from passengers and even drivers who were quite glad to hear a Platinum on the 51. One Streetly driver was quite overjoyed when 6754 turned up on a 51 instead of a standard Enviro 400.

Quote from: Jack B on June 18, 2017, 03:48:37 PM
Vandalism will happen on them, especially if they're on the 51 after 10PM between Perry Barr and City.

Well someone threw up on 6739 earlier if that counts? Was going to go on it into City until someone threw up on it and it had to go back to garage to be cleaned. It's back out now.

Jack

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 18, 2017, 05:35:48 PM
Well someone threw up on 6739 earlier if that counts? Was going to go on it into City until someone threw up on it and it had to go back to garage to be cleaned. It's back out now.
Haven't heard or seen anyone throw up on the 51 for a long time. At least it's cleaned. Hopefully they don't get trashed tonight on there.

Quote from: Jack B on June 18, 2017, 06:01:26 PM
Haven't heard or seen anyone throw up on the 51 for a long time. At least it's cleaned. Hopefully they don't get trashed tonight on there.
So what if you haven't seen anyone throw up on the 51 for a long time, its probably happened in the past, you can't have been on every single 51 journey.

A bus, is the bus, I don't get what all the fuss is about, its better than no bus as only the E400, E400 MMC, Omnilinks and MK2 B7RLE at Walsall can enter the City Centre. Surely most will be able to spot there isn't a big X on the front of the bus, isn't it just the same as before the X51 went platinum?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk