News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busman Jamie

@Michael Bevan is that the express bit between Bromford and the city lol

Jack

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 15, 2017, 08:48:33 AM
@Ian Hardy You do realise 6727 is branded for both the 997 and X51? The "Fast and Frequent" branding on 6723-40 is for both the 997 and X51.
I think he means the lower rear deck window branding. Some say 997 and some say X51. @Michael Bevan

Ian Hardy

No I did not, I saw 997 but did notice the X51 on the branding.

Many thanks

Ian Hardy

Jack

Quote from: Ian Hardy on June 15, 2017, 09:25:08 PM
No I did not, I saw 997 but did notice the X51 on the branding.

Many thanks

Ian Hardy
The 997/E and X51 interwork at points during the day. It's usual @Ian Hardy

Westy

If the buses interwork, why didn't they dual brand for both routes?

Trident 4194

Walsall driver was moaning about a diamond 4H driver earlier to the passengers saying they have no safety. He only pulled round the bus station in front of him.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 16, 2017, 06:58:59 PM
Walsall driver was moaning about a diamond 4H driver earlier to the passengers saying they have no safety. He only pulled round the bus station in front of him.

And the rest of the route?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on June 16, 2017, 07:01:08 PM
And the rest of the route?

Have you had reports of diamond drivers driving dangerously?

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 16, 2017, 07:07:41 PM
Have you had reports of diamond drivers driving dangerously?

No but when it comes to common sense diamond drivers don't have any. A diamond driver told me three of her colleagues had ended up in hospital for opening the coolant flap and getting burnt by the pressurised Water behind it when they were told not to do it and call for an engineer. 

Dom

Quote from: WB Driver on June 16, 2017, 09:56:44 PM
No but when it comes to common sense diamond drivers don't have any. A diamond driver told me three of her colleagues had ended up in hospital for opening the coolant flap and getting burnt by the pressurised Water behind it when they were told not to do it and call for an engineer.

I can second that.

P419 EJW

Quote from: WB Driver on June 16, 2017, 09:56:44 PM

A Diamond driver in Walsall did the same action and scolded his arm.

MW

Quote from: Dom on June 16, 2017, 10:45:39 PM
I can second that.

I can third that. After working at Diamond for 2 days (thank god not in service), I can also say as an insider, there's not even proper checks on the buses.

Shambles. That applies to both Tividale and Redditch (spent a day at each).

Westy

Thats surprising, considering they're supposed to be the second biggest company in the area!

You'd expect this from the lesser ones!

Kevin

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 18, 2017, 11:38:35 AM
6722, 6739 and 6754 are all on WA51.

No
Dear God please no
I get they don't want the platty's in garage doing nothing on Sunday, but not the 51
Literally any other route will be fine: Brownhills, 6/7, 41... hell even stick them on the Mossley/Lower Farm estates... Just not the 51 when they're associated with the express version of THAT EXACT ROUTE!!
People will be letting it go past because it's the Platinum bus, and on a 15 minute Sunday service that is not acceptable
If it's because the rotas have merged or whatever then fine, but put normal buses on the X51 so this doesn't happen
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on June 18, 2017, 12:30:52 PM
No
Dear God please no
I get they don't want the platty's in garage doing nothing on Sunday, but not the 51
Literally any other route will be fine: Brownhills, 6/7, 41... hell even stick them on the Mossley/Lower Farm estates... Just not the 51 when they're associated with the express version of THAT EXACT ROUTE!!
People will be letting it go past because it's the Platinum bus, and on a 15 minute Sunday service that is not acceptable
If it's because the rotas have merged or whatever then fine, but put normal buses on the X51 so this doesn't happen
Surely they can read what is on the destination display, if they don't read it then it is there own fault if they let it go past.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk