News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Are Tridents on 51 noteworthy now? It seems they are on 51 quite a lot recently, so perhaps pointless having to report them on 51 judging the poster's regular posts on the 51.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: P419 EJW on May 11, 2017, 11:24:57 AM
Are Tridents on 51 noteworthy now? It seems they are on 51 quite a lot recently, so perhaps pointless having to report them on 51 judging the poster's regular posts on the 51.

Thanks for the indirect post...At the end of the day, I'm only posting them as they're uncommon on the 51 (although they're used when no Enviro 400's are spare). It's certainly quite unusual to have more than two on there too (which also might be of interest to some people). The only reason multiple are getting on there at the moment is due to the amount of Platinum's off the road, meaning Enviro 400's are being used on Platinum routes.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Michael Bevan on May 11, 2017, 12:49:08 PM
Thanks for the indirect post about me...

You're welcome.

Jack

Quote from: P419 EJW on May 11, 2017, 11:24:57 AM
I'd make the most it while you can. Tridents will be barred from the 51 after the end of this month.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Jack B on May 11, 2017, 03:24:27 PM
I'd make the most it while you can. Tridents will be barred from the 51 after the end of this month.

Not necessarily if it has an exhaust trap fitted it's at euro 6 standard which some of the Tridents and alx 400 are getting so can enter the city centre

Also the euro rules only apply to very frequent routes
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Jack

Quote from: Chris on May 11, 2017, 03:42:31 PM
Not necessarily if it has an exhaust trap fitted it's at euro 6 standard which some of the Tridents and alx 400 are getting so can enter the city centre

Also the euro rules only apply to very frequent routes
As far as I know the Tridents at Walsall arent getting the Traps. They only appear on the 51 when there's no spare E400's.

The 51 is a frequent route. @Chris

Jack6101

I'll put it here but 4597 is on the 51
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Westy

4870(I think) covering 2nd X51 Cannock board this morning.

John

4358 on the 51, Aston Six Ways heading into City

Dom

Awaiting the comments asking why the Walsall fare zone branding isn't as big as Sandwell and Dudley.

John

Quote from: Dom on May 22, 2017, 08:17:19 AM
Awaiting the comments asking why the Walsall fare zone branding isn't as big as Sandwell and Dudley.

Looks a lot better as well. At least you can see out of the windows, and the vinyl has been attached straight and not just plonked on like some of the West Brom buses

Dom

Quote from: John on May 22, 2017, 11:06:37 AM
Looks a lot better as well. At least you can see out of the windows, and the vinyl has been attached straight and not just plonked on like some of the West Brom buses

It does look a lot smarter to be honest.

Westy

They were giving them out down in Walsall BS this morning, according to my other (big) sister!

Michael Bevan

Just passed 2119 at Lancaster Circus heading into Birmingham out of service. Is it involved in a transfer or going into Birmingham for the cricket? As I doubt it would be in service.

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 02, 2017, 06:51:41 PM
Just passed 2119 at Lancaster Circus heading into Birmingham out of service. Is it involved in a transfer or going into Birmingham for the cricket? As I doubt it would be in service.

In service on the 51

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk