News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: BusFan94 on March 03, 2017, 06:30:19 PM
@Tony it is pointless arguing  with him he will keep being Adamant that Diamond are on time when I agree with you Tony you work for NXWM after all unless @Trident 4194 you work for Diamond how do you know that every single Diamond service is  on time unless of course they are  doing illegal things. While on the 4H 4M

Back on Topic do you know @Tony  if sometimes buses on the 34/37/39  Swap  with buses on  the 4H/4M because sometimes E200's have been found on the 34/37/39 and also does say for example 1894 work a 34/37/39 and then work a 4H or 4M journey or does it go onto to the 11 and 13.

None of them, it stays on the 34,37,39.

winston

Quote from: Dom on March 03, 2017, 06:34:27 PM
They just don't understand how to change buses to get to Dudley market.

They just don't want to change, its not convenient, takes longer over a direct service & you get charged twice for the privledge.....

Tony

Quote from: Winston on March 03, 2017, 06:57:56 PM
They just don't want to change, its not convenient, takes longer over a direct service & you get charged twice for the privledge.....

£3.00 return (75p per bus?)

winston

Quote from: Tony on March 03, 2017, 07:05:07 PM
£3.00 return (75p per bus?)

That's only a recent development & may apply in this example but won't apply to the people that currently use the 99 where that route is being split.

No one wants to mess around changing buses to destinations that are only 5-6 miles away, especially this time of year.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on March 03, 2017, 07:12:35 PM
That's only a recent development & may apply in this example but won't apply to the people that currently use the 99 where that route is being split.

No one wants to mess around changing buses to destinations that are only 5-6 miles away, especially this time of year.

£3 day ticket what a genius. Shame there's not a special ticket for the Birmingham area from the Black Country.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 03, 2017, 07:16:32 PM
£3 day ticket what a genius. Shame there's not a special ticket for the Birmingham area from the Black Country.

There is, but as distances tend to be longer it's £4

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 03, 2017, 07:16:32 PM
[/b]

*Facepalm*

Have you never heard of a Daysaver? You know that ticket that gives you travel for a full day in the Birmingham area and the Black Country.

Dom

Quote from: Winston on March 03, 2017, 06:57:56 PM
[/b]

Convenience is a good point but it's not convenient that I have to change in Dudley to get West Bromwich from Coseley isn't really very convenient with getting to college but I get on with it, it's life. I've quite often gone around Hayley Green on the 244 and a majority of passengers either use/buy a Daysaver or have a concession pass, so don't really get charged twice. The fact that it is cheaper to get a daysaver than two adult singles also makes that point redundant.

winston

Quote from: Dom on March 03, 2017, 07:43:24 PM
[/b]

Convenience is a good point but it's not convenient that I have to change in Dudley to get West Bromwich from Coseley isn't really very convenient with getting to college but I get on with it, it's life. I've quite often gone around Hayley Green on the 244 and a majority of passengers either use/buy a Daysaver or have a concession pass, so don't really get charged twice. The fact that it is cheaper to get a daysaver than two adult singles also makes that point redundant.

You have no other alternative. Unless you get a scooter due to your age.

My point isn't redundant, as you're wrongly assuming I would be making a return journey. One way previously £2.40 now £3.

People just want to get from A from to B as quick as possible, it will not encourage people to use bus services when they have to travel A - B then B - C for a journey that was previously direct. As shown by all the recorded service delays Tony posted further up the thread, it will be impossible to make a quick connection at certain times of the day without a long wait in between.

Yes, I've noticed all your reports from Hayley Green. 

Westy

Quote from: Tony on March 03, 2017, 05:22:46 PM
This is the situation at 17:00

Due the ongoing roadworks and temporary lights on Muntz Street causing congestion around Green Lane and Small Heath, the following delays are occuring;
Service 8A - up to 45 minutes
Service 8C - up to 50 minutes
Service 17 - up to 60 minutes
Service 58,59,60 - up to 30 minutes
Due to roadworks on Newbury Lane reducing it down to one lane towards Wolverhampton, the following delays are occuring;
Service 126 - up to 35 minutes
Due to a sink hole appearing on Bristol Road at Selly Oak reducing it by one lane, there is heavy congestion in the area. We are experiencing the following delays;
Service X61,63 - up to 45 minutes
Due to congestion across the network, we are experiencing the following delays;
Service 45,47 - up to 45 minutes
Service 27 - up to 40 minutes
Service 35 - up to 40 minutes
Service 50 - up to 30 minutes
Service X3,X4,X5 - up to 25 minutes
Service 11A,11C - up to 30 minutes
Service 11,13 - up to 25 minutes (Walsall)
Service 4,4H,4M - up to 35 minutes (Walsall)
Service 42,43,44,47,47A - up to 30 minutes (West Bromwich)
Service 120,140,127,128,129 - up to 35 minutes

Perhaps you can explain how Diamond would possibly avoid the congestion causing the delays

Must admit I was lucky with the bus from Wednesbury Parkway for a change, but there was an 11 & 13 running together at that point & god knows where Thandi was as usual!
(I was with a woman who works on the same estate as me, for a different company, but her hubby is a PB driver on the Sutton rota!)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on March 03, 2017, 07:43:24 PM
[/b]

It may not be convenient @Dom , but it has always been like that, we are discussing where a route is being chopped in half and people (many people because when i have been on the 99, a lot of people travel from one side of the QE to the other) are to be inconvenienced.

I am sure if there was a real need for a service between West Bromwich and Coseley, one would have been invented by now.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on March 03, 2017, 07:12:35 PM

Exactly, Tony said in the PN thread that the 99 was a profitable route, but then he said it could not sustain adding another bus to the PVR, to me that either means it's not as profitable as they are saying or probably more to the point, they want to have a reliable service between City and the QE.

If I was @Simon Dunn , I would be thinking, maybe it's time for Diamond to give the 99 go??
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BusFan94

Quote from: Dom on March 03, 2017, 06:36:42 PM
None of them, it stays on the 34,37,39.

Ok Thanks they must rotate between the 37/34/39 as I knew it did only then and not the 4's or 11 and 13's as I thought they did
CAN WE GET BACK ONTO THE SUBJECT OF WALSALL GARAGE PLEASE
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Dom

Quote from: BusFan94 on March 04, 2017, 08:28:18 AM
Ok Thanks they must rotate between the 37/34/39 and not the 4's or 11 and 13's as I thought they did
CAN WE GET BACK ONTO THE SUBJECT OF WALSALL GARAGE PLEASE

They do! It has been stated several times.

BusFan94

Ok I knew they did I will edit my post to the according of what I knew
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk