News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: BusFan94 on January 06, 2017, 03:59:00 PM
Today as I walking along Darlaston Road in Darlaston I went Past A&R Veichels Services due to the footpath being blocked by a lorry parked up going to the Housing Development on the old Servis Factory land I saw a NXWM Dennis Trident and was wondering were it was from after reading about 4329 having body damage I was wondering is it there and I thought WA had a Body Shop but it might have been another Trident I was to far away to get a Fleet Number or reg but just wondering why it was there

Where have you read 4329 has body damage?

It hasn't and that is not  4329

MW

I wonder if it's getting steam cleaned from underneath?

Is it Birmingham garages only that use the place near BC?

BU07 LGO

Quote from: MW on January 06, 2017, 04:26:41 PM
I wonder if it's getting steam cleaned from underneath?

Is it Birmingham garages only that use the place near BC?

Walsall was jetwashing the platinums the other night

Westy

Quote from: Westy on January 06, 2017, 06:55:04 AM
4869 covering the board that includes the second x51 Cannock journey.

And again this morning. Are we short of a Platty at Walsall?

Gareth

Quote from: Westy on January 09, 2017, 06:55:20 AM
And again this morning. Are we short of a Platty at Walsall?

Aren't there 40 buses for 40 running boards? So if there's one off the road, then you're short.

winston

Quote from: Gareth on January 09, 2017, 11:33:52 AM
Aren't there 40 buses for 40 running boards? So if there's one off the road, then you're short.

Something like that, at one point WA was potentially have a 1 or 2 of BC's 15 plate Platinum's to allow for spares, but obviously plans changed.

Kevin

Quote from: Gareth on January 09, 2017, 11:33:52 AM

Wouldn't be sure now.
My usual bus home (I say usual, only when I actually go home from work as opposed via somewhere else) 18:35 X51 from city appears to be a regular non Platinum,  and from what I can tell so is the Boney Hay 937
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Kevin on January 10, 2017, 06:59:27 PM
Wouldn't be sure now.
My usual bus home (I say usual, only when I actually go home from work as opposed via somewhere else) 18:35 X51 from city appears to be a regular non Platinum,  and from what I can tell so is the Boney Hay 937

The Boney Hay 937 is hardly ever a Platinum. Most of the time it's a 47** or 48** (or occasionally a Trident).

Kevin

Quote from: Michael Bevan on January 10, 2017, 08:33:03 PM
The Boney Hay 937 is hardly ever a Platinum. Most of the time it's a 47** or 48** (or occasionally a Trident).

Is it on a Platinum board though or does it come off another route like the old X56? I know that particular X51 is a peak bus so likely whatever available in garage at the time, but still I think all journeys on that board are city expresses so should be a Platinum bus
The one morning run on X51 into Brum is a 51 board so I'll let that one slide
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Kevin on January 11, 2017, 07:24:33 AM
Is it on a Platinum board though or does it come off another route like the old X56? I know that particular X51 is a peak bus so likely whatever available in garage at the time, but still I think all journeys on that board are city expresses so should be a Platinum bus
The one morning run on X51 into Brum is a 51 board so I'll let that one slide

It's a peak Streetly board (934/24). Does the 159C school first and then 937 from Aldridge to Birmingham before doing the Boney Hay.

GeminiFan1991

Thing is, its quite unlikely all 40 Platinum buses will be out on the road together at any 1 time. I've visited a number of garages during my time and I've always noted the engineering bays always have a variety of buses seeking some form of attention and invariably at WA this will include Platinums as after the OmniLinks they are the most populous bus type at WA.
It's like saying at AG if all the 11 branded Geminis (I believe their to be 36) can be on the 11 at any 1 point as PVR I believe to be over 40 (Please don't quote me on this). Their is a minute chance of that being a reality but you wouldn't put a bet on it.
It's not just about being looked engineering wise, I believe it was mentioned on here a while back that buses once a month a steam cleaned (Or some other type of deep cleaning) so I believe they are out of action for a day and especially with Platinums chances are they might be used for private hire jobs as some customers may prefer a "better" vehicle.

This is merely what I've observed/ noted from seeing garages work and whatnot. I'm happy to be correctly informed if im wrong  :D
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

1845 A51 journey from Rugeley to Walsall (19:30) is being operated by 4350 freshly repainted red/white

fleetline6477

Quote from: Tony on January 12, 2017, 06:52:07 PM
1845 A51 journey from Rugeley to Walsall (19:30) is being operated by 4350 freshly repainted red/white

Tony, why has 435o been freshly re-painted red / white, I though all re-paints were crimson?

Trident 4194

Quote from: fleetline6477 on January 12, 2017, 08:20:02 PM
Tony, why has 435o been freshly re-painted red / white, I though all re-paints were crimson?

4425 and over receive Crimson. 4350 was a bit of a state at PN

John

4357 in the entrance to the paint shop not long ago. Having its ad removed? Possible repaint even?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk