News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on February 21, 2016, 01:02:48 PM
I haven't said anything yet, but I was mugged just over a week ago on Thursday 11th February.
The incident happened on the 935 service towards Walsall at the bus stop on Kingstanding road by the pharmacy at around 16:25. I was sitting on the seat on the bottom deck as a young black male snatched my phone out of my hand and ran. I still haven't got a response back from the police yet. The driver did the best he could and stopped the service until I returned back after chasing after him. I have put this up here to see if anything extra can be done.

That's awful, society we are living in is an absolute disgrace. I hope your ok

JoNi

I contacted NX after being robbed on an 87 in Smethwick a few years ago but they confirmed the bus didn't have CCTV. I presume most buses have operational CCTV certainly a Platinum bus.

The Fox 4846

Yeh, I'm fine just extremely hacked off.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

S570

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on February 21, 2016, 01:02:48 PM
I haven't said anything yet, but I was mugged just over a week ago on Thursday 11th February.
The incident happened on the 935 service towards Walsall at the bus stop on Kingstanding road by the pharmacy at around 16:25. I was sitting on the seat on the bottom deck as a young black male snatched my phone out of my hand and ran. I still haven't got a response back from the police yet. The driver did the best he could and stopped the service until I returned back after chasing after him. I have put this up here to see if anything extra can be done.

Do you have a copy of the phones IMEI number? Mobile network operators can track phones using the IMEI, so if you do you can at the very least get the phone blacklisted.

The Fox 4846

Have done, contacted Apple. Unfortunately, it hasn't been online yet.

MW

IMEI doesn't do anything. You can change the phones IMEI number on the black market. I.e get a crap nokia for a tenner, and swap the IMEIs from the Nokia and the iPhone, and the Nokia is therefore blocked and the iPhone is fine. Or you can send it out of the EU.

On the other hand, I actually sell iPhones and iPads if you want to buy another one lol.

Westy

How full was the bus, out of curiosity?

Must admit I don't bother getting the phone out, if it looks a dodgy area that I don't know & the bus isn't full of non dodgy passengers.

Normally, the pocket DAB goes on, on tedious journies!

S570

Quote from: MW on February 21, 2016, 02:42:53 PM
IMEI doesn't do anything. You can change the phones IMEI number on the black market. I.e get a crap nokia for a tenner, and swap the IMEIs from the Nokia and the iPhone, and the Nokia is therefore blocked and the iPhone is fine. Or you can send it out of the EU.

On the other hand, I actually sell iPhones and iPads if you want to buy another one lol.

True, but its still worth getting it blocked. You don't know how 'clever' the thief is.

The Fox 4846

Just before I got off the bus I saw 6740 overtake and going towards Birmingham. When I got on the bus only 1 person was on it, suggesting that it had started at wellhead lane. I got on the stop after wellhead lane.

Tomf1993

Why is Walsall town so dead on a Sunday, hardly any buses or anything..

P419 EJW

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 21, 2016, 06:18:17 PM

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 21, 2016, 06:18:17 PM

Up here in the grim north, Sunday is still considered a day of rest to alot of people.

Westy

It hasn't been too bad when I've gone down.

There's a fair few people on a Sunday night in the pubs, on the odd occasion I've been down as well.

Busman Jamie

i saw several buses sunday when I camwe back from wolves on 529, I had 1757 home on the 301 and couldn't help but notice that somebody had pinched the shatter proof hammer leaving the glass and the rubber seal on the back seat!!

John

Any idea where 4073 was going? I saw it on the A34 overpass heading into Birmingham around 3.40pm Not In Service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk