News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 09, 2016, 07:41:22 PM
29 hardly gets deckers now days, 69 is always priority it seems, @Tony  what are the chances of ZF ALXs to WA any time soon?

What's wrong having deckers on WA 69?

Tomf1993

Hello, have you not heard how WA had single deckers on X51 today?

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 09, 2016, 08:06:46 PM
It was one single decker.
I'm sure the passengers would prefer a bus rather than no bus. It replaced a breackdown.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 09, 2016, 08:06:46 PM

No they didn't have single deckers (plural) on the X51.

One journey from Walsall to Birmingham in the evening peak, ie against the main passenger flow was a Scania. This has happened before and will happen again as that journey is not a platinum journey and is operated by a bus that has been on the 10. It is regularly operated by a Plaxton President

Nothing at all to get excited about despite Michael protestations

Tomf1993

Well Ive seen how busy the X51 is, hardly all passengers fit on a decker at Bull Street, so cant imagine how many people were left behind? So how is a single decker better than no bus, when half the people cant get on the single decker lol Those stored bendy buses would be good for the X51

Tomf1993

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2016, 08:10:07 PM

One journey from Walsall to Birmingham in the evening peak, ie against the main passenger flow was a Scania. This has happened before and will happen again as that journey is not a platinum journey and is operated by a bus that has been on the 10. It is regularly operated by a Plaxton President

@Tony  what trip is this, I would love to ride a President on the X51,  what board is it usually on and the Walsall dep time?

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 09, 2016, 08:11:29 PM
Well Ive seen how busy the X51 is, hardly all passengers fit on a decker at Bull Street, so cant imagine how many people were left behind? So how is a single decker better than no bus, when half the people cant get on the single decker lol Those stored bendy buses would be good for the X51

How many more times Tom?

You are getting really annoying with this, not one journey on the X51 from Birmingham this evening was operated by a single deck.

That is zero, nil, no passengers left behind from Birmingham this evening because of a single deck, because no single decks left Birmingham on the X51

Tomf1993

Fair enough, I didnt read the posts properly.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2016, 08:10:07 PM

I done a 10 before on 1838 which went into the x51/x56! As Tony says it happens daily!

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 09, 2016, 08:12:48 PM

@Tony  what trip is this, I would love to ride a President on the X51,  what board is it usually on and the Walsall dep time?
Walsall - Birmingham X51 - 16:55 - 17:32
Birmingham - Boney Hay X56 - 17:40 - 18:49
@Tomf1993
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busman Jamie

But still.if people were "left behind" it's a frequent enough service plus the 51 is an option too

I disagree about bendy buses for x51though, I could be wrong but think they have less capacity than a decker

CL

Quote from: Busman Jamie on February 09, 2016, 08:53:04 PM
But still.if people were "left behind" it's a frequent enough service plus the 51 is an option too

I disagree about bendy buses for x51though, I could be wrong but think they have less capacity than a decker
I believe that was it. Less capacity than a decker; large space taken in garage; and wasn't fuel consumption another problem? I think they were just really inefficient to operate.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Busman Jamie

I think there was various reasons and pretty sure if Nx thought they was ideal for further use elsewhere they would of gone off the reserve fleet sooner?

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 09, 2016, 08:11:29 PM
Those stored bendy buses would be good for the X51

Yes, very good having to turn them short of the City Centre because they wouldn't be allowed in on a regular basis as they don't meet the SQPS rules.

Tomf1993

Then, what is the point of keeping 54 reg buses stored? buses kept doing nothing is not very good for the bus at all. you might aswell pass them on to Coverntry who can use them or sell them to Ensign Bus.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk