News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

If you have a complaint about a vehicle's condition, follow the correct channels and use the NX comments page. It's not Tony's job to sort out the fleet's presentation/condition whilst in service.

Tomf1993

I know that, but he is high in the ranks at TWM and its his job to allocate the buses to all the depot, so really it is part of his job to make sure all vehicles are in tip top condition...

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 20, 2015, 05:16:57 PM
I know that, but he is high in the ranks at TWM and its his job to allocate the buses to all the depot, so really it is part of his job to make sure all vehicles are in tip top condition...

No I'm not high up, vehicle condition is nothing to do with me, as said complaint go via proper procedures, not me

Mike K

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 20, 2015, 05:16:57 PM

I would like to know, how can one person have oversight of the smell and condition of 1500 buses?

Tomf1993

Quote from: Tony on October 20, 2015, 06:41:25 PM
No I'm not high up, vehicle condition is nothing to do with me, as said complaint go via proper procedures, not me

Tony you said in an email to me on the weekend, you were in charge of all the buses can are the one who decides what depot get what buses, now surely after knowing these buses have been stored for so long you should ensure proper checks are done before putting back into use? or is this not at TWM? so its like Abellio London where TAs comes out not been on the road since say April and has not MOT done no rota done just gets blinds and put out in service? with loads of defects?

T840MAK

Proper checks didn't include smelling the bus and using air freshner on it the last I knew, I'm sure checks are mechanical to make sure the bus works fine, drives fine and is not a H&S hazard.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

BU07 LGO

Spoke to a driver tonight who want best pleased with 4032 apparentky it broke down on him twice

Ashley 60171

Loving the hate being expressed for Presidents tonight

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 20, 2015, 08:22:38 PM
Tony you said in an email to me on the weekend, you were in charge of all the buses can are the one who decides what depot get what buses, now surely after knowing these buses have been stored for so long you should ensure proper checks are done before putting back into use? or is this not at TWM? so its like Abellio London where TAs comes out not been on the road since say April and has not MOT done no rota done just gets blinds and put out in service? with loads of defects?

@Tomf1993 But Tony doesn't have to physically check each vehicle when it is moved, that is up to the receiving depot. Surely soneone at WA must have walked around the bus and checked it before it was allocated service.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 20, 2015, 08:28:04 PM
@Tomf1993 But Tony doesn't have to physically check each vehicle when it is moved, that is up to the receiving depot. Surely soneone at WA must have walked around the bus and checked it before it was allocated service.

Plus I've never heard of anybody employing a seat sniffer :P

Tomf1993

I told my controller friend at Walsall Bus Stn about it, he said he will look in to it, he said they are staying at WA for long anyway just as a stop gap for repaints and refurbs happening next few months. he also yet me see some of his WTTs , printed some stuff of for me.  ;)

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 20, 2015, 08:22:38 PM

Yeh OK, you know that for a fact about Abellio.

I think you will find proper checks were done on the presidents before they re-entered service. A qualified fitter has done a full check on all 9, listed all the defects, even very negligible ones like 'cab window stiff' These vehicles were then taken to the garages along with the paperwork listing all the defects and the garages are having to repair them all before they re-enter service.  This is why it has taken 4 weeks just to get one into service

Tomf1993

Cheers for the info @Tony   :) btw yes Abellio London Buses are a death trap waiting to happen lol, fires, breakdowns, defect on every vehicles which dont get fixed.... thats the abellio way mate, speak to any driver at Walworth and they will tell you lots of stories, not just WL, QB, BC,

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 20, 2015, 08:38:45 PM
Cheers for the info @Tony   :) btw yes Abellio London Buses are a death trap waiting to happen lol, fires, breakdowns, defect on every vehicles which dont get fixed.... thats the abellio way mate, speak to any driver at Walworth and they will tell you lots of stories, not just WL, QB, BC,

Thanks @Tomf1993 , Abeillio are taking over my favourite London route, the 159 in December with NB4L's from BC, if that is the case god help us all. Still don't know why the contract wasn't awarded to Arriva London, but that argument is for another place.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Bob

I was on 4105 yesterday and found it great. Pretty nippy to on the long road up towards Aldridge. Comfy as well. By contrast ST02 MAO (4301 I think? ) is I think one of the worst B7TL  I've been on, makes a bad creaking sound at the front, and SLOW isn't the word! Driver on 41 today revving the arse off it and it still moved at a snails pace. Horrible to travel on.  I like voith boxes but they seem to cripple a b7tl , they didn't seem to with Metros

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk