News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Quote from: Tony on October 05, 2015, 08:33:45 PM
If you would have put it on 'buses to find' I would have told you it was in garage, I had time to reply to any requests today (and did, but don't always, so don't complain if you do ask and don't get a reply)

Incidently 4027 is now at BC receiving attention to put it back into use at WA

@Tony, he did post in Buses to Find thread at 11:20. See below for his quote. :)

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 05, 2015, 11:20:21 AM
4105 please guys and any idea what time it's out till?

Tomf1993

cheers Tony, I went on X51 other week, so the yard a Miller Street loads presidents in their, which ones are these and are they withdawn? is their a list of what is their?

Sorry to throw the thread off towards London, Just very interested about TWM running boards and how they stay with the bus rather then the drivers have their own individual ones.

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 05, 2015, 08:36:17 PM
cheers Tony, I went on X51 other week, so the yard a Miller Street loads presidents in their, which ones are these and are they withdawn? is their a list of what is their?

Sorry to throw the thread off towards London, Just very interested about TWM running boards and how they stay with the bus rather then the drivers have their own individual ones.

It is no different to London. In London the buses have runnings, these are shown as the bus number in those lists you have posted exactly the same as NX running boards and the drivers have duty cards exactly the same.

The only difference is the exact content of what the drivers does is printed on a different bit of paper

Tomf1993

cheers Tony,

How comes most operators out side London do not show the running numbers, either in front window like Abellio London/Stagecoach or by running plates on the sides?

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 05, 2015, 08:44:31 PM
cheers Tony,

How comes most operators out side London do not show the running numbers, either in front window like Abellio London/Stagecoach or by running plates on the sides?

NX don't need to, It is to aid bus identification by on street supervisory staff. NX Inspector have Ipads which they can check the running numbers of buses on. If you have a look at photos of West Midlands Buses around 25 years ago the running board was put against the windscreen with the number in white numbers on the back.

Tomf1993

How comes the running boards have all the trips the bus does, but dont show when the drivers change overs or anything? just some circle which is circled on the cards, looks a bit messy that way

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on October 05, 2015, 08:49:20 PM
NX don't need to, It is to aid bus identification by on street supervisory staff. NX Inspector have Ipads which they can check the running numbers of buses on. If you have a look at photos of West Midlands Buses around 25 years ago the running board was put against the windscreen with the number in white numbers on the back.

Plus in London, Centrecomm tend to use CCTV heavily, so its easy to focus in on the running number of a bus if they need to!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tomf1993

London has brilliant IBUS, contollers know exactly where each bus etc, run no, duty no fleet no, speed its doing etc, and IBUS passengers have next bus stop info, Ive only seen this on TWM route 4 which the system anit that good on

Stuharris 6360

Next stop info also available on

Wolverhampton 1
Birmingham 22/23
Dudley 222
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 05, 2015, 09:00:12 PM

Wolverhampton 1
Birmingham 22/23
Dudley 222

Don't forget the Platinum routes!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 05, 2015, 09:00:12 PM

Wolverhampton 1
Birmingham 22/23
Dudley 222
The 900 and 957 also have the next stop announcements @Stuharris 6360 
The X51, 997, 934, 935, 936 and 997 also have it
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tomf1993

Oh their was something I wanted to ask about the Scania on the 4s, are they programmed for all next stop info route like the 29/301 as these buses run on those routes but the system never works on the routes

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 05, 2015, 08:57:29 PM
London has brilliant IBUS, contollers know exactly where each bus etc, run no, duty no fleet no, speed its doing etc, and IBUS passengers have next bus stop info, Ive only seen this on TWM route 4 which the system anit that good on

And NXWM has Vix Horizons which is just as good for control purposes, not sure what you are getting at with all these comparisons but I think you will find NX is just as, if not more advanced than London in most respects. I won't answer a lot of your questions because you keep asking the same questions, that I have replied are commercially sensitive information and it is getting a bit monotonous. Because of the way London buses are run, not on a commercial basis, this doesn't apply down there

Tony

Quote from: P419 EJW on October 05, 2015, 08:35:37 PM
@Tony, he did post in Buses to Find thread at 11:20. See below for his quote. :)

ah sorry, that was after I had last checked it and answered everyone elses

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Mike K on October 05, 2015, 03:41:05 PM
So an 11 hour day but you only get paid for 8? Don't envy you that.

paid for 7.5:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk