News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomf1993

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on October 05, 2015, 08:40:05 AM
Not all routes' running boards leave garage in numeric order.

Do they run in order thought during the day like WA29/01/02/03/04/05/06/07 etc all in order?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 05, 2015, 06:48:10 PM
Do they run in order thought during the day like WA29/01/02/03/04/05/06/07 etc all in order?

That depends on the route, although you may find that one bus will go to start service at Walsall and the next one will take up service at Blakenhall & Bloxwich. So the Boards get mixed up.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tomf1993

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 05, 2015, 06:52:23 PM
That depends on the route, although you may find that one bus will go to start service at Walsall and the next one will take up service at Blakenhall & Bloxwich. So the Boards get mixed up.

Cheers Stu, I thought about it, but even in London most the run nos slot in to order say 1-20 and e.g 19/20 being lay over buses, would slot in any where.

Hope Tony our WA guy can shed more light

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 05, 2015, 07:37:25 PM
Cheers Stu, I thought about it, but even in London most the run nos slot in to order say 1-20 and e.g 19/20 being lay over buses, would slot in any where.

I've never seen London buses in order, it's impossible on a lot of London routes because of the short workings on many, even if they started off in order as soon as one did a short it would be out of order

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 05, 2015, 07:37:25 PM

@Tomf1993 Yes, plus in London most buses run from one garage and start from one particular point.

eg: 13 operates from London Sovereigns Edgware garage and all start service at Golders Green, so the routes will follow in order. The night service journeys mean no services need to start from Aldwych. Also in London it is easier to find out information on services as only one operator operates each service, and TFL have in the past under Freedom Of Information act sent out full details of what all running cards are and what each bus does through the day. However even this is set to change because although operators are willing to show the full timetables for there services, they now want information about running numbers and duty numbers removed from these requests.

In the West Midlands, NE have competition on certain routes and are reluctant to reveal Running Card details as they are commercially sensitive.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on October 05, 2015, 07:47:11 PM
I've never seen London buses in order, it's impossible on a lot of London routes because of the short workings on many, even if they started off in order as soon as one did a short it would be out of order

Thinking about that @Tony, so many buses are used on some routes that bus 1 will leave and do a round trip, then will do it's next trip. However bus 2 will do the same , however before it does it next trip, bus 11 may come out and fit in between.

Tomf1993

Stuart

Having been in London for years upto last month, I know about FOI and that is not the case, TFL are still making the requests available they have stopped them because of duplicate requests and they intend to publish them online in due course, they are updating the CEASAR system for this to happen mate. Yes the 13 all buses start and end at Golders Green because of the garage is far away aswell the 82, all buses start and finish at North Finchley.

Here is a few pages of the route 281 schedule, see during the day all the run nos are in order bar lay overs.

Tomf1993

Some pages of the route 281 current MF sch day schedule

Stuharris 6360

Judging by the copy of the 13 schedule that I have, they do run in bus order because the buses don't come out of garage in order.

In August 2013, first bus out was 4, followed by 7, 10 & 13, then during the rest of the rush hour buses fitted in so that all buses did indeed run in order!

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 05, 2015, 07:56:16 PM
Stuart

Having been in London for years upto last month, I know about FOI and that is not the case, TFL are still making the requests available they have stopped them because of duplicate requests and they intend to publish them online in due course, they are updating the CEASAR system for this to happen mate. Yes the 13 all buses start and end at Golders Green because of the garage is far away aswell the 82, all buses start and finish at North Finchley.

Here is a few pages of the route 281 schedule, see during the day all the run nos are in order bar lay overs.

So you said London are in order on your original post, yet the 281 you have just posted shows the first four journeys operated by buses 9, 381, 18, 21, 23

Tomf1993

Buses dont usually go out in run order as if they did that it's unlikely they run in order.

Right so I've shown you all 2 pages of a London United schedule , that's what controllers have in their ibus room and drivers have their duty cards , different companys use different schedules software so LU LS Arriva London Metroline Stagecoach London use an old LT formatt. Where as Abellio first GAL use different style ones

Regards

Tomf1993

Quote from: Tony on October 05, 2015, 08:17:40 PM
So you said London are in order on your original post, yet the 281 you have just posted shows the first four journeys operated by buses 9, 381, 18, 21, 23

Thats start of day Tony mate, early morning , and evenings won't be in order their will be gaps as the service winds down.

Stuharris 6360

Thinking we are loosing this conversation, so lets bring it back to the West Midlands.

Here we have interworking, eg 140/1/241 and journeys can begin at any of numerous points like Dudley, Marry Hill, Halesowen, Bearwood, so the chance of these routes running in board order are very remote.

Tomf1993

Tried looking for 4105 today. Waited at wasall for ages, no show so went on 4534 on 7A

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 05, 2015, 08:31:17 PM
Tried looking for 4105 today. Waited at wasall for ages, no show so went on 4534 on 7A

If you would have put it on 'buses to find' I would have told you it was in garage, I had time to reply to any requests today (and did, but don't always, so don't complain if you do ask and don't get a reply)

Incidently 4027 is now at BC receiving attention to put it back into use at WA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk