News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Winston on September 30, 2015, 09:09:43 AM
Scum? Did it not cross your mind that a there may have been an accident & a vehicle has crashed in to it? Highly doubt the police would tape it off for a vandal attack!

Possibility, never thought of that. Regardless though, anyone who vandalises anything is a scumbag tho right

Other Walsall Tony

Tony

Justin Tyme

Quote from: don on September 29, 2015, 02:04:00 AM
The original 51 service (BCT and later WMPTE) terminated at the Birmingham City boundary and the blinds showed the name Scott Arms. To be honest the junction has always been known as the Scott Arms as long as I can remember - the original pub on the corner was demolished to make way for the dualling of the two routes and was replaced by the one as part of the shopping centre.

The Walsall CT (later WMPTE) and Midland Red joint service from Walsall to Birmingham (118) was re numbered 51 in the mid 70s and IIRC the via blind said via Scott Arms (pretty sure it did in WMPTE days).

I think the 51 in BCT days showed "Great Barr" rather than Scott Arms - although Scott Arms would have been a better choice, especially as the 28 to Dyas Road at Old Oscott also showed Great Barr!  When WMPTE standard Fleetlines arrived their upper blinds showed "Great Barr Scott Arms" in two lines.

It would probably be fairer to say that the 51 and 118 were merged as 51 in 1975 (the new 51 route in Birmingham city centre was different to both the old 51 and the 118), but I agree that via blinds from both Miller Street and Walsall garages showed "via Scott Arms".

West Bromwich Corporation also referred to Scott Arms, and I think Scott Arms also appeared on Walsall Corporation blinds.

Bob

@Westy I know how it's spelt lol but NO BODY says Caldmore unless they're posh. Even the next stop announcement say "the next stop is...Carmer Green'. I'm from  Cannock and even my mum and dad have always said Carmer, usually with bloody hole in the same sentence lol

Westy

Quote from: Bob on October 01, 2015, 07:20:12 AM
@Westy I know how it's spelt lol but NO BODY says Caldmore unless they're posh. Even the next stop announcement say "the next stop is...Carmer Green'. I'm from  Cannock and even my mum and dad have always said Carmer, usually with bloody hole in the same sentence lol

@Bob - Point taken!

Stuharris 6360

1762 seen on the 4M earlier!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 20, 2015, 12:59:58 PM
I think so, i know i have said this before, and routes to & from depot are now printed on running boards, but all you need is a driver running late and not thinking and he decides to take a quick route back to garage (as has happened before) and WA have a new single decker bus.

There was an E400 driving down Bloxwich Road (North of the depot in Leamore btw), displaying 313 Dudley around 230 / 300pm today.

Can I assume whoever was driving was playing with the display & not testing the route ?

BK63 YWP

Quick question, whats faster to Walsall from Merry Hill, 4M direct or X96 to Dudley then 311/313 to Walsall?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

domino.99

Quote from: Chris on October 02, 2015, 08:53:33 PM
Quick question, whats faster to Walsall from Merry Hill, 4M direct or X96 to Dudley then 311/313 to Walsall?

Probably about the same time

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Dom on October 02, 2015, 09:07:09 PM
Probably about the same time

Cheers @Dom, @2206 pm me with the same answer. I finish work at 11am then dart to walsall

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

I catching 4h either nx or diamond depending on vehicle

John

@Dylanbusboy45

Deckers are on the 301/2 quite a bit on Saturdays. I'm sure there was another one as well as 4264

BK63 YWP

There were 2 b7rles on the 4M/4H/4 circuit

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

Quote from: Chris on October 03, 2015, 06:09:59 PM
There were 2 b7rles on the 4M/4H/4 circuit

Yes could have got 1 but 30822 is such a beast!

John

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 03, 2015, 06:10:07 PM

Perry Barr bus that is. I did see it out on one of our routes today too. 4295 rings a bell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk