News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Ossie on August 11, 2015, 06:51:43 PM
I noted 6719/22-25/27-31/34 variously working the X51 and the 997E early this afternoon. That was while riding 6731 from Walsall>Birmingham.

One lady very confused that 6731 didn't stay as an X51 in Bull Street, but switched to a 997E (which she only realised from the bus-stop it pulled up at).  I think she may have got on at Aston University inbound with the intention of travelling on outbound ....  :-\

They always do that same with 934/5/6 as they inter work but that is an inbound stop and the destination is only updTed before moor street so really they should cross over and wait by the childrebs hospital

monkeyjoe

Saw one coming down the motorway this morning

All the routes I do are interworked I change blinds before I enter the city loop to save aggro and abuse from joe public , the electronic stops on great Charles St and snow hill show times 127 for example but there's no mention its going to terminate at colmore row and leave as a 128 from colmore row as per running card, cause I change blinds before hand it now doesn't tally with the info at the stops, many passengers using the inbound stops to go outbound do ask if I,m staying as a 127/8/9 on the way out, to which I reply already changed over.  I think this inbound and outbound stop situation needs reviewing. Customers/ passengers call them what you will do get confused with all this changing of services.

Kevin

Quote from: 2900 on August 11, 2015, 09:40:43 PM
....I think this inbound and outbound stop situation needs reviewing. Customers/ passengers call them what you will do get confused with all this changing of services.

Well in some cases yeah maybe, but at Aston Uni there is a bus stop for services into city - quite clearly station "to city centre" on and the real time display has all routes showing as "to city", and then across the road by the Children's Hospital is the outbound bus stop where all the normal people go to get the bus out of the city
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on August 11, 2015, 09:55:25 PM
Well in some cases yeah maybe, but at Aston Uni there is a bus stop for services into city - quite clearly station "to city centre" on and the real time display has all routes showing as "to city", and then across the road by the Children's Hospital is the outbound bus stop where all the normal people go to get the bus out of the city
They do that to be the first person on the bus rather than  boarding a packed bus when leaving the City Centre they usually sit upstairs seen people do it on the 55/70/94. Often when people see a 56 coming up the Priory Queensway the crowd from the 55/94 stop will run to the 56/70 stop only to walk back down when it comes background on a 70E. Infact a couple of weeks ago  someone boarded the 70E on a Sunday thinking it was going to Marston Green. I also can not believe some people catch it from the City Centre to Solihull.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Yes l,ve seen people board the 101 from newhall St rather than wait with masses at livery St to me that makes sense,  that bus stays as a 101 outbound.

CL

Quote from: 2900 on August 11, 2015, 10:24:38 PM
Yes l,ve seen people board the 101 from newhall St rather than wait with masses at livery St to me that makes sense,  that bus stays as a 101 outbound.
I do that... Well, the 101 can't really change to any other service, can it? Haha! Same with the 16, I guess. Waiting at Priory Queensway - then again, the only problem is that, from experience, you may have to change onto the bus in front at the Markets...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

So my first day back at work was also meant to be the first day of Platinums, and I got excited. Instead I was ill. Now going back to work today and a plain E400 turns up instead.

Damnit all you kids on holiday trying them out on my route and I haven't even had one yet
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Kevin on August 12, 2015, 07:01:50 AM
So my first day back at work was also meant to be the first day of Platinums, and I got excited. Instead I was ill. Now going back to work today and a plain E400 turns up instead.

Damnit all you kids on holiday trying them out on my route and I haven't even had one yet
Sorry!  :P

Trident 4609

4770 is still hanging on in service at WA. On the 40/1 today.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Nathan on August 12, 2015, 01:20:07 PM
4770 is still hanging on in service at WA. On the 40/1 today.

I saw 4770 this morning and if it stays on that board, it would go on the 89 later in the evening.

BU07 LGO

4820 at walsall ive got a 935 on it

domino.99

I must say I'm very glad my destinations are being used on the new platinums.

settlerman

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on August 10, 2015, 09:08:55 PM
I see the Express and Star is calling them 'Phantoms'!  Can't they even print a press release these days?
Probably better still I heard them referred to as "Elephants"

Eric Shaw

6745 0n the X51 this afternoon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk